Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    From what has been shown so far... what did you like about Dragonflight?

Of everything that has been shown so far Dragonflight has only given me one reason to hype: The new talent tree.
    Well, i agree. DF will be quite boring. I mean what meaningful content to do ?
    Go clear your raid id. play 1 or more (if they keep the gv garbage) - ready. because without tf/wf m+ outside of pushing and the weekly chest is unrewarding.
    no meaningful outdoor activities. i mean, yes co train your dragon - cool story (boreghast 2.0). but it will be obsolete in the next xpac. go get some faction rep for cosmetics - hell yes worked out great in SL with grinding anima for cosmetics.

and the new talent trees are just the mixup of old talents, leggy powers and so on, nearly nothing new....

i will play DF and i preordered it, because i like to play with my guild and my friends, but.....well i think a lot of ppl will start complaining 4-6 month after release like they did in SL.

Yes yes it will be boring with nothing to do unlike the marvelous classic versions of the game that were brimming with activities like doing your quel Danas/sons of hodir dailies and logging out until the raid ID resets. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    What we need is good raids and dungeons with fun bosses and immerseful gearing (the treadmill y'knos).
    That's what wow is/was all about.
    This is true in principle, but it's a very simplistic goal - sort of like saying "a good expac is good because it has good content" which is 100% accurate but trivially true, and also a bit tautological.

The details matter. And DF is either sketchy about those details (so far) or has some worrisome stuff happening - in particular the seemingly immense pressure for raiders to keep doing M+.

So yes: WoW is about good raids and dungeons and a good gearing system first and foremost, but it's all about how those ACTUALLY work and play out.

Aside from that, though, there's another problem: you say "that's what WoW is/was all about" and you're not really wrong... BUUUUUUT perhaps after a decade and a half it would be nice to see some evolution, too. WoW being mired in a gear-centric treadmill mentality may be tradition, but that's not necessarily a good thing given that both players and games in general have changed in the meantime. And WoW has changed, too, if you look at its increasing "Diablofication" which is a direct result of precisely that laser focus on gear/power that to many people "just are what WoW is" on the one hand, but are also something they don't necessarily like in its modern incarnations.

There would perhaps be a need to elevate WoW above that at least a little bit; not some radical paradigm shift that makes WoW into something it's not and never was, but an evolutionary step that can retain WoW's spirit while also shifting some of the more uncomfortable legacies of a game that's been around for as long as some of its new players have been alive.

Quote Originally Posted by richardhuntr View Post
    As long as no crazy new systems, it might end up putting wow back on track. I've tried to help several new people get into WoW, and they've all reported that the systems in shadowlands are too much after already levelling, and that they will never catch up
    systemlands was definitely a disaster. the game has 3 avenues - raids, dungeons and arena, but a game without an overarching central power system to tie it all together is simply what WoD was. i guess 6 years is enough for ppl to start preferring pure raid logging twice a week. so now WoD is considered...peak design?

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    systemlands was definitely a disaster. the game has 3 avenues - raids, dungeons and arena, but a game without an overarching central power system to tie it all together is simply what WoD was. i guess 6 years is enough for ppl to start preferring pure raid logging twice a week. so now WoD is considered...peak design?
    It's not peak design, but it was way better than what WoW has become, IMO.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Yes yes it will be boring with nothing to do unlike the marvelous classic versions of the game that were brimming with activities like doing your quel Danas/sons of hodir dailies and logging out until the raid ID resets. /s
    This right here, people forget that world quests along with AP grinds did keep people doing activities besides raid logging. Look no further then TBC classic its log in on raid night and thats it.

What happens if Dragonflight only has raid logging? Or once they are done with KSM for that season? What will be that hook to entice you to spend more time online grinding something? No one grinded Anima for the cosmetics or hell i wish we had access to the numbers for the major activities for the covenants like the Garden thing, Venthyr Drink with the Nobles, build a golem workshop or the clunky ass Kyrian deathmatch thing. I assume they had almost no interaction because again no player power and only cosmetic.

And WoD was trash even if the raids had some decent fights, i expect more from my game then 6 hours a week of content.

Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    This right here, people forget that world quests along with AP grinds did keep people doing activities besides raid logging. Look no further then TBC classic its log in on raid night and thats it.

What happens if Dragonflight only has raid logging? Or once they are done with KSM for that season? What will be that hook to entice you to spend more time online grinding something? No one grinded Anima for the cosmetics or hell i wish we had access to the numbers for the major activities for the covenants like the Garden thing, Venthyr Drink with the Nobles, build a golem workshop or the clunky ass Kyrian deathmatch thing. I assume they had almost no interaction because again no player power and only cosmetic.

And WoD was trash even if the raids had some decent fights, i expect more from my game then 6 hours a week of content.
    Simple fix: more challenging solo content and gear that is tailored towards solo-play that's it.

I think Dragonflight is on Legion levels of hype for me. The game hasnt been that fun for a while. New talent trees, new profession system, dynamic dragon riding, and the look and feel of the new zones make me excited for what's to come. Anything is better than Shadowlands.

More crying as usual.
    Didn't the community request for an expansion where they literally want nothing to do other than AFKing semi mid-air this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Simple fix: more challenging solo content and gear that is tailored towards solo-play that's it.
    I agree with this which is why i enjoy the mage tower and more of that in the future should be in the pipeline but i kind of expect more in 2022 considering the gaming landscape ya know.

The promise is very enticing:

No more garbage forcing you to engage with its systems every single day in order to keep up for a full cycle before new content is out.

Hopefully the garbage mobile game practices are down the drain too. Seriously can blizzard hire some PC gamers to design their flagship MMO?

I just want to enjoy content, raid 2-3 times a week and be done with my character. Feel like I've completed it. It's over. Done. Next. If I want to, I can do it on alts too, but I don't want to be on a perpetual non-stop treadmill. That was Diablo, WoW used to be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    From what has been shown so far... what did you like about Dragonflight?

Of everything that has been shown so far Dragonflight has only given me one reason to hype: The new talent tree. Seeing the example of the new tree of DKs that we have already been shown, I believe that every class will have many more options now and this is very cool.

Everything else, if possible, I won't even touch. Good luck to those who got excited about the lizard race that no one ever asked for and new classes that came out of nowhere. Even cinematic was pretty weak compared to all the others.

The other expansions (at the same time Dragonflight is now) gave us much fatter previews. I'm hoping for something to appear on the horizon that will please a greater number of players in general.

And for anyone to say that I'm just complaining and I don't propose any solution to this dissatisfaction.. here's a small wish list that I've seen thousands of people asking but it seems that Blizzard will never fulfill it:

- A third, and well-deserved, spec for the Demon Hunter (Ranged).

- The Tinker class.

- The class (or new spec for the Hunter) Dark Ranger.

- Make the Order Class Hall useful again with unique quests for your class and unique rewards for your class like new xmogs, new unique class mounts and new skills.

- Fully unlink PVP activities from PVE. (SL's renown for pure PVP players was a disaster).

- Being able to fly like it was in TBC. (Without having to sell your soul to anyone).

Not all of the above wishes are mine. These are what I remember at the moment. There's so much more.

And you? Are you excited about DragonFlight? Why?
    So, the expansion would be fixed for you if they started by asspulling a third specialization for Demon Hunters, added a class that has no relevance to the expansion theme or a class that would be a specialization at most and now only constitutes some customization options? Furthermore, you would also like to see them "unlink" PVP activities from PVE, but will take no effort to elaborate, then you also would like to see TBC's flying system returned ... which essentially removes one of the major draws of the expansion and ruins the entire navigational system of the new continent, which is meant to be based wholly around limited flight for the first few levels? If they did it "like it was in TBC", you'd have to wait until a very high level to adequately navigate the new continent with a gold cost, as well.

The only thing you've said that makes sense is to return Order Halls to vogue, and even that could also be supplanted by a different system with similar functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It's not peak design, but it was way better than what WoW has become, IMO.
    How was WoD better for a casual player? There was nothing to do!

You couldn't get set from LFR, dungeons were irrelevant except for CMs after a month (until they added mythic dungeons and valor farming at the end). It also had some of the most brutal encounters in wow history up to that date, like Blackhand.

Is it because you could farm a lotta gold from garrisons?

I dunno, I played exactly one character in WoD (the one I raided on) because there were no other alternatives to gearing up in pve

Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    How was WoD better for a casual player? There was nothing to do!

You couldn't get set from LFR, dungeons were irrelevant except for CMs after a month (until they added mythic dungeons and valor farming at the end). It also had some of the most brutal encounters in wow history up to that date, like Blackhand.

Is it because you could farm a lotta gold from garrisons?

I dunno, I played exactly one character in WoD (the one I raided on) because there were no other alternatives to gearing up in pve
    People probably think it was casual friendly because they could get full mythic gear from garrison missions along with tons and tons of gold. Kind of silly to say that it makes it casual friendly because of that but I bet that it is part of it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Did we liked the following expansion features?
    azerite farming
    YEP.

And Titanforging too.

Dragonflight will be dead after the first month or so. Nothing to do.

Blizzard is just learning and I think that is a huge step forward.

Did we liked the following expansion features?
    -warfronts
    -islands
    -heart of azeroth/azerite farming
    -covenants exclusivity
    -torghast

a big freakin NOPE.

Blizz just decided they/we don't need these extravagant features which I'm sure cost a HUUUGE development time (think about the AI in islands).
    So they cut them out.

What we need is good raids and dungeons with fun bosses and immerseful gearing (the treadmill y'knos).
    That's what wow is/was all about.

Also the profession revamp is a big plus, don't forget it!
    Warfronts and Islands were poorly implemented but the foundation was there. It's a shame they abandoned them because they could've been interesting to have pve/pvp interactions.

HoA AP grind would've been fine it there was no Azerite armor traits linked to it. The catchup was really fast, and it was fine to go out and do world quests quickly for a bit of a power upgrade. The problem was when I had to queue 150+ islands to pump up my HoA level in time for mythic raids.

DF looks like a yawn now. It was fine when the lore was interesting and the game hadn't been neutered of any humour, fun and character. The inmates are running the asylum at Blizzard so we now get Disney NPC models and body type 1 and 2
    Last edited by Th3Scourge; 2022-07-18 at 02:45 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    How to tell everyone you grew up with hollywood dragons for easy consum made to appeal to edgy people who like loud noises and flashy pictures and never read a book , in one picture.

But out of interest what defines a REAL dragon from a FAKE dragon ?
    Dragon is epitome of MAGICAL world, power, wisdom, majesty, a being so mysterious that common folk can't even dream to come near and pet it, like some cat.

But Dracthyr looks like they took big inspiration from My Little Pony, Disney Princess, RuPaul's Drag Race.

Dracthyr absolutely killing my hype for this expansion. Terrible race out of left field that could have been cool but were getting these crap identity crisis geckos. The Evoker itself looks not fun version of a DH

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    People probably think it was casual friendly because they could get full mythic gear from garrison missions along with tons and tons of gold. Kind of silly to say that it makes it casual friendly because of that but I bet that it is part of it.
    Mythic gear from missions? Didnt you actually have to kill some mythic bosses to get that reward going?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    Mythic gear from missions? Didnt you actually have to kill some mythic bosses to get that reward going?
    In first half of WoD (Highmaul/BRF) garrison mission gave one tier higher than content you completed. So everyone got normal gear and people who completed heroic raid got mythic. Gold mission were even more broken. You could get thousands every day, you just had to pick right follower and don't move your ass from garrison.

It was just broken design, both things were tone down even during WoD in 6.2.