Thread: Disintegrate

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    She's a Wizard. It couldn't be anymore clear than that.
    But she isn't a WarCraft wizard.

That's like saying WoW monks should deal holy damage with their attacks because the Diablo monk deals holy damage with their attacks.

WarCraft and Diablo are not just different games, they're different franchises with different rules and lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    I could ask the same question saying: Why does Demon Hunter in WoW can turn into a demon and the one in Diablo 3 can't? Different universes, different lore. It doesn't matter if they appear together in the Nexus.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Why is the demon hunter in wow not a 2 1 handed crossbow weilding rogue who deals with animals and traps and ballista and arrows bombs and explosives.
    Pretty easy to distinguish between the two. Unlike Mages and Wizards.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    And yet those different approaches to welding arcane completely change everything. Balance druids wield arcane magic, but they aren't mages.
    You're talking about a totally different class. Lunar magic is not part of neither, even if it is categorized as Arcane.

No, I don't mean like a familiar. You're really showing your ineptitude with these terms. Familiars are much weaker than full elemental summons in lore. They're spirits that are either sacrificed power or used as guides and protection. Water elementals are actual full-blown elementals that are bound into service by a mage.
    Big deal.

At least I actually know what I'm talking about. Diablo arcane magic is chaotic, Warcraft arcane magic is orderly.
    These are nothing more than technicalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    But she isn't a WarCraft wizard.

That's like saying WoW monks should deal holy damage with their attacks because the Diablo monk deals holy damage with their attacks.

WarCraft and Diablo are not just different games, they're different franchises with different rules and lore.
    Well, the Monks of other races, like Humans and Draenei, should, to be honest.

Again missing the mark that the Blue dragons, which is where Dracthyr have Disintegrate from, are the top dog magic users on Azeroth and so it's completely understandable that they know a "Mage" spell. I guess Azerothian mages just aren't good enough to learn it!

It doesn't need to.
    Disintegrate comes from raw Arcane power. It's not dark in any way.
    Except there is nothing inherently arcane about disintegration - its typing is completely random, and arguably very poorly fitting for arcane.

Disintegrate would be far more logical as a fel, shadow or fire spell.
    - Fel: Chaos and destruction
    - Fire: Consuming destruction
    - Shadow: Entropic destruction

Whereas arcane is more about manipulation, which only produces disintegrating effects when it really goes wrong, often literally turning into its fel counterpart at that point.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

You know, mages are masters and scholars of the Arcane magic. This spell is obviously arcane and based on the blue dragonflight, who happen to have complete power over the Arcane. Or as Malygos put it, "The essence of magic".

Oh gods, this is the D&D my mage's magic beats everything and every class a thread. Why should we stop here, any attack type that is frost, fire, or magic based and magic given the broadest of definitions possible should be applied to mages as well! Mages should have no less than two hundred spells, each spec, to use and they all must be equally powerful!
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

10+ Year Old Account
    So this is just personal bias and opinion versus personal bias and opinion now?

You really have nothing else to go with other than just upping your post count.

She's a Wizard. It couldn't be anymore clear than that.
    She is from a different franchise and universe.

Might aswell be asking why we dont have the locomotor spell from harry potter. He is a wizard after all

Well, the Monks of other races, like Humans and Draenei, should, to be honest.
    Did you honestly not understand the point of my post, or did you just intentionally avoid it?

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Except there is nothing inherently arcane about disintegration - its typing is completely random, and arguably very poorly fitting for arcane.

Disintegrate would be far more logical as a fel, shadow or fire spell.
    - Fel: Chaos and destruction
    - Fire: Consuming destruction
    - Shadow: Entropic destruction

Whereas arcane is more about manipulation, which only produces disintegrating effects when it really goes wrong, often literally turning into its fel counterpart at that point.
    Ever heard of a Mana Bomb?

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    She is from a different franchise and universe.

Might aswell be asking why we dont have the locomotor spell from harry potter. He is a wizard after all
    Not a Blizzard IP.

Did you honestly not understand the point of my post, or did you just intentionally avoid it?
    Yet, there are religious Monks like the Scarlet Crusade.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty easy to distinguish between the two. Unlike Mages and Wizards.
    Demon hunters literally have the exact same name, and both are classes that have commited their lives to demon hunting.
    mage and wizard are very different.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Are you really trying to avoid the whole point of my post? I said WarCraft and Diablo are not just different games, they're different franchises with different rules and lore.

What goes for one does not go for the other. How is that such a simple concept is so hard for you to grasp?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    And yet they directly transferred an ability from Diablo into WoW.
    That's meaningless. Blizzard also "directly transferred" the achievement system from other games, but that doesn't mean those two games are linked.

Copying/adapting an ability idea from one game (Diablo) to another (WoW) does not mean that the two games are linked in any way, shape or form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard agrees with everybody else in this thread, except the OP. Unfortunately for the OP, that opinion is what matters.

Not a Blizzard IP.
    Just because the IP belongs to Blizzard doesnt make it the same IP.
    WarCraft != Diablo != StarCraft != Overwatch

The Rules/Abilities/Classes/Races from these IPs are not Interchangable. Just because in 2 of these IPs there are some Spells where the name literally describes the Effect. Doesnt mean they are the same, follow the same rule, and are cast from the same Class, or the classes should have access to the entire set of Skills both have.

As you got told repeadetly:
    Arcane Energy in Warcraft is not the same as Arcane Energy in Diablo.
    In ANY IP where there are Mages and Wizards, there are very distinct differences between the two.
    A Mage is almost never the same as a Wizard. And the Difference is almost always the way they are Casting their Magic. Which results in different spells.

The Ability to wield the Holy Light is vastly different from Casting magic.
    The Monk Archetyp doesnt use Magic or the Light, they use Chi, just because they are Religious, doesnt mean they devote themselves to the Light and wield it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    And yet they directly transferred an ability from Diablo into WoW.
    Which is fine, why shouldnt they borrow/take cool skills from their other IPs. There is just no reason why these skills should belong to any specific class.
    If they wanted they could make it Green, and have it be a Monk Ability. Or make it Yellow and give it to a Paladin.

Ever heard of a Mana Bomb?

Not a Blizzard IP.

You did notice the "bomb" part, yes?
    Lightbombs have featured as well, yet it does not esatblish an inherent connection betwern the light and destruction.

Being a bomb is what makes it destructive, not the stuff that powers it.

On a sidenote: If engineering is necessary for an example of destructive arcane stuff, then is disintegrate not better as a potential Tinker skill?
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

You're talking about a totally different class. Lunar magic is not part of neither, even if it is categorized as Arcane.

Big deal.

These are nothing more than technicalities.

No, it isn't lunar magic. It lunar magic that boomkins use it classified as astral magic. There is no such thing as lunar magic in world of warcraft. Boomkins use arcane and astral magic.

Yes, it is a big deal when you're trying to claim the opposite.

Technicalities are important, even when they discredit you.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Demon hunters literally have the exact same name, and both are classes that have commited their lives to demon hunting.
    mage and wizard are very different.
    How?
    Just look at their abilities...
    It's like saying the Barbarian is not a Warrior or that the Crusader is not a Paladin.

Are you really trying to avoid the whole point of my post? I said WarCraft and Diablo are not just different games, they're different franchises with different rules and lore.

What goes for one does not go for the other. How is that such a simple concept is so hard for you to grasp?
    Inspiration and abilities aren't taken from other franchises?

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    In ANY IP where there are Mages and Wizards, there are very distinct differences between the two.
    A Mage is almost never the same as a Wizard. And the Difference is almost always the way they are Casting their Magic. Which results in different spells.
    How are Mages different to Wizards in WoW?

The Ability to wield the Holy Light is vastly different from Casting magic.
    The Monk Archetyp doesnt use Magic or the Light, they use Chi, just because they are Religious, doesnt mean they devote themselves to the Light and wield it.
    That's the Pandaren Monk.
    There are obviously other types (or, at least, were before the Pandaren type retconned them)

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    You did notice the "bomb" part, yes?
    Lightbombs have featured as well, yet it does not esatblish an inherent connection betwern the light and destruction.

Being a bomb is what makes it destructive, not the stuff that powers it.

On a sidenote: If engineering is necessary for an example of destructive arcane stuff, then is disintegrate not better as a potential Tinker skill?
    Dude, it's a power beam like something you'd see in DBZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    No, it isn't lunar magic. It lunar magic that boomkins use it classified as astral magic. There is no such thing as lunar magic in world of warcraft. Boomkins use arcane and astral magic.

Yes, it is a big deal when you're trying to claim the opposite.

Technicalities are important, even when they discredit you.
    Astral is still not the Arcane magic Mages use. It's just a gameplay classification. If you don't know the differences, we have a real issue here....

To be fair, it's kinda ray of frost-y, and that (at least used) to be a Mage spell, right?

You also seem to have upset a LOT of people here with this topic.... very strangely behaved adults ITT....

Astral is still not the Arcane magic Mages use. It's just a gameplay classification. If you don't know the differences, we have a real issue here....

Clearly you don't know the differences, because it isn't a gameplay classification. I even preemptively debunked this last time I brought this up, but I'll just do it again since you're being purposefully dense AND I'll even do it with different information to further prove how wrong you are.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Arcane#Druids

Direct quote:
    "By leveraging the sacred powers of the moon, the sun and the stars, balance druids access arcane and nature magics"

Arcane magic is not exclusive to mages. Funnily enough, disintegrate isn't even exclusive to Li-ming!

Spell from Viz'aduum the Watcher in Return to Karazhan:
    https://www.wowhead.com/beta/spell=229151/disintegrate

Spell from Baalgar the Watchful in Court of Starts:
    https://www.wowhead.com/beta/spell=2...tegration-beam

So really the question we should be asking is why did they give an iconic demon ability to Evoker and not warlocks!!!! /s
    Last edited by Shaqthefat; 2022-07-18 at 04:45 AM.

How?
    Just look at their abilities...
    It's like saying the Barbarian is not a Warrior or that the Crusader is not a Paladin.
    Uhm, They are not?
    The Diablo Franchise has Paladins and Crusaders, aswell as Barbarians and Warriors.

As you are beeing told repeadetly: Diablo != Warcraft.

Inspiration and abilities aren't taken from other franchises?
    Inspiration are not rules. I can take inspiration from DBZ, and have my Mage Transform into a Giant Monkey, that doesnt make him a SpaceMonkey.

How are Mages different to Wizards in WoW?
    I dont know if the Warcraft Universe differentiates between Mages and Wizards, nor do I honestly care, this is just a point how you demand that Wizards are Mages Period, which they are not neccessarily, just look up how many different Arcane Casters Dungeons and Dragons have.

And how about you inform yourself about the lore you are Arguing, your point about Barbarians and Crusaders screams that you dont know anything. Mage, Wizard, Sorceror, and so on are just labels for a Spellcaster. Its up to the lore of the IP to say what they can and cant do, how they work and not.

Just because someone owns two IPs doesnt enforce those rules on both worlds. If you compare a Warcraft Mage with a Diablo Wizard, you can also compare that to any other Mage/Wizard out there.

That's the Pandaren Monk.
    There are obviously other types (or, at least, were before the Pandaren type retconned them)
    Sources for there beeing Monks that are not Trained by Pandaren and use a different type of Ability or "magic".

Dude, it's a power beam like something you'd see in DBZ.
    Sooo, are Mages now SpaceMonkeys, or are SpaceMonkeys now Mages?

Astral Magic is a Magic School used ingame. You should read up on how stuff is Labeld ingame. Aswell as Chaos is also one.
    Druids do: Arcane, Nature and Astral
    Last edited by LanToaster; 2022-07-18 at 07:39 AM.