Thread: Axie Infinity

10+ Year Old Account

Axie Infinity

Any1 here playing this game? I know most ppl on this forum are strongly against NFTs, but if theres one game thats somewhat decent its this one.

Id like to share some strategies and team comps

If ure interested in getting into the game theres no better time, as prices are the lowest at the moment and will only get higher with the release of the new version - Origin - probably somewhere around september
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Wow.. That's the most blatant advertising for nft I've seen in days.

There is no "decent" NFT game.
    NFTs don't solve a single thing that hasn't been done already without it, in gaming atleast (never really looked up in what other markets they scam)

Share something between games? Can already be done, for example Phantasy Star Online 2 / New Genesis. Same character across different games.
    Selling items to other people? Can already be done in numerous cases, some of which are even tied to real money.
    Having an item that is tied to your game account (as in traceable) that you can say you're the original owner of? Can already be done, for example Pokemon IDs + Original Trainer Name in Pokemon
    That's about all "use cases" i ever hear about NFTs in gaming anyways, none of which "need" NFTs or blockchain to work at all, but probably just simple databases

The only way an NFT would be supported is if it is completely transferrable from one property to another that is made by 2 different developers. Like if you got an ingame pet from Blizzard for WoW and could put it in and use it in, lets say, FF14 or LotRO. However, right now, it is another way of scamming people. Unless I ACTUALLY own the copyright, IP and all other things that allow me to actually use it wherever I want or modify it as I want, it is worthless.

All you own with an NFT is a link to point on a ledger, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    The only way an NFT would be supported is if it is completely transferrable from one property to another that is made by 2 different developers. Like if you got an ingame pet from Blizzard for WoW and could put it in and use it in, lets say, FF14 or LotRO. However, right now, it is another way of scamming people. Unless I ACTUALLY own the copyright, IP and all other things that allow me to actually use it wherever I want or modify it as I want, it is worthless.

All you own with an NFT is a link to point on a ledger, nothing more.
    Thing is though, it could already be done, there is just absolutely 0 incentive for any dev to support that stuff. The only real thing stopping them is just legal stuff, licensing and whatnot, aswell as no monetary incentive for either side, but the legal part is something they could work out if they really wanted to.
    They could very, very likely already let you earn an item in LotRO and be able to use it GW2 or trade an AK47 skin between CS:GO and Rainbow Six Siege or whichever also has one.

Am I right in thinking that Axie Infinity is the one that's basically people with NFT's exploiting people in poorer parts of the world, like the Phillipines, to earn more Crypto? If you're earning more per day playing a video game than working a job, why wouldn't you?

Obviously that has knock-on effects for the game, since once it's no longer financially viable to do full time, people are going to leave and go back to work. It leads to an unstable playerbase and has some adverse effects on economies in some parts of the world.

Play to Earn as a whole can be a very exploitative model and cases like this just go to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    Any1 here playing this game? I know most ppl on this forum are strongly against NFTs, but if theres one game thats somewhat decent its this one.

If ure interested in getting into the game theres no better time, as prices are the lowest at the moment and will only get higher with the release of the new version - Origin - probably somewhere around september

Everything you need to know about why NOBODY, and i mean NOBODY should ever touch this game or anything NFT related can be found right here:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post

How much were you paid to post this?