Poll: Which race own this ship?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

New Darnassian ship design

I see this on twitter and later on wowhead and many think this vessel is more nightborne than kaldorei, what u guy’s think?

Night Elf.

Moons, crooked wood planks, Darnassus-colored sails....

Look at the arch.

Last edited by Amnaught; 2022-07-18 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Night Elf.

Moons, crooked wood planks, Darnassus-colored sails....

Look at the arch.

Yeah i think the same, thats why I don’t understand the other’s claim. I know the brazier from Suramar and the arcane colored metal can be more nightborne, but they was a same race and the design crossover can be cool for both side.

I think when the missing textures are in it will look more Kaldorei.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Rayne View Post
    I think when the missing textures are in it will look more Kaldorei.
    Yes, thats true and I think this ship will be Tyrande vessel.

Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    Yes, thats true and I think this ship will be Tyrande vessel.
    I was thinking they'd reactivate the boat from Stormwind to Teldrassil but Tyrande's ship makes more sense.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

This will most likely be kaldorei ship. We already know that the seed from Winter Queen will be possibly given to Merithra (and Green dragonflight) for safekeeping until it can take root, so it seems it will be guarded on Dragon Isles... So this ship can be transport vessel, I guess.

Also, each time we discover new continent, we establish travel connections through ships (Northrend, Kul Tiras/Zandalari), portals or both. Perhaps this time, night elves will be Alliance taxi servise to Dragon Isles.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Does look quite a bit like a fancier, updated version of the Night Elf Frigate from Wc3 TFT: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Fri...=NEFrigate.jpg

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    This will most likely be kaldorei ship. We already know that the seed from Winter Queen will be possibly given to Merithra (and Green dragonflight) for safekeeping until it can take root, so it seems it will be guarded on Dragon Isles... So this ship can be transport vessel, I guess.

Also, each time we discover new continent, we establish travel connections through ships (Northrend, Kul Tiras/Zandalari), portals or both. Perhaps this time, night elves will be Alliance taxi servise to Dragon Isles.
    We use airships this time around.

5+ Year Old Account
    Those are night elf ships. It’s all here: https://www.wowhead.com/news/new-and...nflight-327800

I see this on twitter and later on wowhead and many think this vessel is more nightborne than kaldorei, what u guy’s think?
    It's like saying it would be more high elf than blood elf - let's see the full thing when done.

Anyway, Nightborne haven't done ocean faring ships since they were night elves, you know, trapped in a bubble will do that - doesn't mean they won't do them now . if they did, I don't think they would be any different - it is worth remember most Darnassians come from Suramar too - so it is essentially people from teh same region/city.

Only changes you can account for is that the Darnassiasns would have modified the original design - in a world with much more water compared to pre-sundering times, it is likely ship design would have improved Magical influence would be similar - i mean yo u have Highborne amongst the kaldorei so I don't think magic will make a massive difference between the ships from the two groups.

Won't know until it shows up. My guess - it's night elven.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's the same old Nelven ships, just hd and somewhat more ornate.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    We use airships this time around.
    This is true, but the devs talk about Tyrande in this expansion and I Think this ship fits well with the High Priest title.

This is true, but the devs talk about Tyrande in this expansion and I Think this ship fits well with the High Priest title.
    I mean we won't be using these for taxis most likely. Unless they make more than one dock.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I mean we won't be using these for taxis most likely. Unless they make more than one dock.
    I would like to, but I don’t think that’s the case and almost no one will use them anyway, because portals.

I would like to, but I don’t think that’s the case and almost no one will use them anyway, because portals.
    The fact that they exist is what I like. I was pleasantly surprised when I came back during BFA and found out that you can get a ship at the docks and go to Kul Tiras anytime you want. It's more immersive that way. I hated how you couldn't do that for Pandaria, and you were forced to use a portal.

The more public transportation the better, makes the world feel more alive.

Something tells me this is a future-proof update for a NE capital that will be just as streamlined as this ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    It's like saying it would be more high elf than blood elf - let's see the full thing when done.

Anyway, Nightborne haven't done ocean faring ships since they were night elves, you know, trapped in a bubble will do that - doesn't mean they won't do them now . if they did, I don't think they would be any different - it is worth remember most Darnassians come from Suramar too - so it is essentially people from teh same region/city.

Only changes you can account for is that the Darnassiasns would have modified the original design - in a world with much more water compared to pre-sundering times, it is likely ship design would have improved Magical influence would be similar - i mean yo u have Highborne amongst the kaldorei so I don't think magic will make a massive difference between the ships from the two groups.

Won't know until it shows up. My guess - it's night elven.
    Yes that's true, maybe they will show us some highborne influence on kaldorei architecture.

And some reason we have a horde (blood) elven counterpart of this ship.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Something tells me this is a future-proof update for a NE capital that will be just as streamlined as this ship.
    Yeah, that's logical.

I don't remember seeing much moon decorations in Suramar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

It has the same Night Elven arches and color scheme, and it's also mostly untextured right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It's the same old Nelven ships, just hd and somewhat more ornate.
    I've had my criticisms of DF's designs, but this new model is actually a very good update of this one.