Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

New black dragonflight leader [Spoilers]

then we will have to choose which black dragon we prefer as the new leader

more pics

https://www.wowhead.com/news/waking-...poilers-328030

Here are the arguments for the black flight leadership.

Arguments in favor of Wrathion:

Right: Wrathion’s able to make hard choices, the choices no one else will, all for the greater good.
    Left: Setting Garrosh free started a war, but we needed that war to prepare for the Legion.

Talonstalker Kavia: He does what needs to be done. Honor and glory didn’t help defeat the Sha or rid the world of mad dragons, Wrathion did.

Archivist Edress: Despite some questionable methods, it is hard to deny Wrathion’s results. He has worked tirelessly to protect all creatures of Azeroth from numerous threats.

Arguments in favor of Sabellian:

Forgemaster Bazentus: A leader is like a finely forged sword, they must be balanced, strong, and of pure metal.
    Forgemaster Bazentus: Though I like Wrathion, he is untempered. Sabellian has been forged in fire, I believe he is what we need in a leader.

Baskilan: Sabellian rallied us in Outland, not only saving us from death, but from the corruption that befell our kin.
    Baskilan: All the rest–the other flights, glory-starved mortals, even that pretentious “prince”–chose to murder the afflicted rather than aid us.

Archivist Edrerss: Where an Aspect failed, Sabellian succeeded. Despite Deathwing’s madness, despite the rage of the Gronn, Sabellian and his kin survived, allowing us to achieve this moment.
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2022-07-29 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    --- snip ---
    cheers for the spoiler tag

Mod Edit: Don't quote a giant post for a one-line reply.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-07-18 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Snipped quoted post

Avatar and Sig by Serryn. Amazing TY

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice.

At least they didn't abandon Wrathion after BfA.

My money's on Ebonhorn
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Nice.

At least they didn't abandon Wrathion after BfA.

My money's on Ebonhorn
    It would be great if they remembered neltharaku, he is a good guy and he is already the leader of his own group of dragons

Wish there will be choice.
    Young dude has custom model, have bigger history in wow and probably bi/homo. So he will be new Aspect, and other 2 much better choices (Ebonhorn and Sabellian) will be left befind.
    But if there will be some election - my voice for Sabellian, he is much better fit for Aspect.
    Last edited by Dancaris; 2022-07-18 at 06:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah it'd be nice if they touched on the Netherwing Dragonflight in DF but... yeah this is Blizzard
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    yeah it'd be nice if they touched on the Netherwing Dragonflight in DF but... yeah this is Blizzard
    if sabellian returned to azeroth they should too

- - - Updated - - -

I always thought that she is a dragon
    https://www.wowhead.com/beta/npc=188623/samia-inkling

5+ Year Old Account
    I don’t know who this Sabelian is but Wrathion seems to be okay for a new leader as long as there won’t be too much unnecessary drama going on.

Sabellian's a much better choice, I think—everything Wrathion tries inevitably goes wrong, whereas Sabellian has demonstrated some degree of competence since BC.

7+ Year Old Account
    Who the fuck is Sabellian?

I mean personally I don’t care either way I find it interesting that it ends up being a choice like scryer/aldor again and curious if picking one gives you different rewards then the other and hope it actually makes a difference

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Young dude has custom model, have bigger history in wow and probably bi/homo.
    LMFAO

clap

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post

Sab was a black dragon from TBC, started probably the 2nd best questline in the expansion. He was one of the last surviving Dragons from the clutch that Deathwing brought with him. He had been spending his time since then fighting with the gron/Gruul, if you go to BeM and look at all the dragons on the spikes, those were his siblings he states if I recall correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    It would be great if they remembered neltharaku, he is a good guy and he is already the leader of his own group of dragons
    Netherwing is an offshoot of the Black Dragonflight, but they are their own thing.

That said, I don't expect any Nether Dragons to show up. Blizz has so completely neglected them that wouldn't be surprising that they forgot their existence for the literal Dragon expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, let me pick *look at smudged notes on the back of my hand* Siberia instead of the guy that literally helped us defeat nzoth.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I don’t know who this Sabelian is but Wrathion seems to be okay for a new leader as long as there won’t be too much unnecessary drama going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Sabellian, or Baron Sablemane as he appears in humanoid form, is an important NPC in the Blade's Edge Mountain region of Outland. It's revealed he's a prominent member of the Black Dragonflight, a dragon himself, and originally served Deathwing when Deathwing made his aerie in Outland prior to the closing of the Dark Portal at the end of the Second War (during the events of WC2: BtDP).

During the events of the Blade's Edge quests, he's trying to secure what few uncontaminated eggs from the Black Dragonflight remain in Outland (those that haven't become Netherdrake eggs) from the Gronn who bear a considerable grudge against Deathwing and the Black Dragonflight, which is why you see many corpses of black dragons impaled on the spike-like protrusions of the Blade's Edge Mountains.

Last edited by Aucald; 2022-07-18 at 01:44 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Sabellian

Hopefully Ebyssian beats the ever living shit out of Sabellian and becomes leader

Rebuilding the flight for millennia?

Does that track? Hasn't the flight only been facing extinction since relatively recently (like the last few decades)?

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Wish there will be choice.
    You know Blizzard.

If there is a choice, then it'll be just as impactful as it did back in Legion when, as a DH, you had to pick between Altruis and Kayn over who would be second-in-command for the Illidari.

Which is to say: it won't matter at all. There'll still be the correct "canon" option and the incorrect "non-canon" choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Netherwing is an offshoot of the Black Dragonflight, but they are their own thing.

That said, I don't expect any Nether Dragons to show up. Blizz has so completely neglected them that wouldn't be surprising that they forgot their existence for the literal Dragon expansion.
    Is there any need for them to turn up?

Unless I'm massively misremembered the questline the Nether Dragonflight are pretty isolationist. I don't see why they'd give much of a fuck about what the Azerothian dragons are doing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You know Blizzard.

If there is a choice, then it'll be just as impactful as it did back in Legion when, as a DH, you had to pick between Altruis and Kayn over who would be second-in-command for the Illidari.

Which is to say: it won't matter at all. There'll still be the correct "canon" option and the incorrect "non-canon" choice.
    I'd rather they didn't bother with these choices, they don't really work for an MMO with a shared world. It also means that a story is going to be compromised since now both options need to be considered moving forward.