Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Hemet Nessingwary turning from a Big Game Hunter into a Conservation Hunter/Game Warden wasn't the character development I expected for him. Though I suppose I wasn't expecting any at all for him so that's not hard.
    he went from a murder hobo to a level 20 beast master ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Hemet Nessingwary turning from a Big Game Hunter into a Conservation Hunter/Game Warden wasn't the character development I expected for him. Though I suppose I wasn't expecting any at all for him so that's not hard.
    I mean if you examine the trope Nessingwary evoked, it was obviously problematic. The way it was handled with DEHTA in Wrath probably made it even worse. The best way to advance the concept is to change it. Hemet is not important enough to the story that changing him becomes problematic after all.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean if you examine the trope Nessingwary evoked, it was obviously problematic. The way it was handled with DEHTA in Wrath probably made it even worse. The best way to advance the concept is to change it. Hemet is not important enough to the story that changing him becomes problematic after all.
    Yes. Even without the whole controversy around blizzard, Nessingwary big eff you to nature. Something had to be done. Either this or having him being mauled to death by tiger.

Or since he is clearly named after Ernest Hemingway, he could have developed depression and killed himself with his own gun. But that's not a plotline I would trust Danuser with.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Or since he is clearly named after Ernest Hemingway, he could have developed depression and killed himself with his own gun. But that's not a plotline I would trust Danuser with.
    Yeah I'm sure someone committing suicide due to depression is less controversial than a hunter killing animals in a video game.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Yes. Even without the whole controversy around blizzard, Nessingwary big eff you to nature. Something had to be done. Either this or having him being mauled to death by tiger.

Maybe his wife could shoot him during a safari.

You need to see a psychiatrist urgently

How? They were made to make fun of PETA for being so extreme. It was satire if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Biruteka View Post
    You need to see a psychiatrist urgently
    Why? suicide is a real issue, why not address it in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    How? They were made to make fun of PETA for being so extreme. It was satire if anything.
    And in no way dealt with the fact that Hemet's trophy hunting is also very problematic. Journey to new lands, kill everything that cannot talk in massive numbers, mount their heads on your mantle is not a great message.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    Judging by how they addressed anything else in game, it would be the most patronizing shit ever. Let's not. Leave that to writers competent at social issues.

And in no way dealt with the fact that Hemet's trophy hunting is also very problematic. Journey to new lands, kill everything that cannot talk in massive numbers, mount their heads on your mantle is not a great message.
    Idk, they kept bringing him back year after year. Probably felt like it wasn't that bad.

I don't think suicide is a good direction either way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    That's exactly why. Go take a look at the guidelines for reporting on suicides. Something reporters and journalists should do, as well, as they clearly haven't.

- - - Updated - - -

Judging by how they addressed anything else in game, it would be the most patronizing shit ever. Let's not. Leave that to writers competent at social issues.
    Ooooof, this is such a nonsense take for video games honestly. There are entire games dedicated to hunting, Red Dead Redemption 2 has a feature like that, restricting or condemning something like this in a video game is really pointless. Video games display reality (more or less), the good and the bad. They don't need to be political correct or transport a message let alone be a moral compass. There is nothing problematic with Nessingwary and his hunting. It's the point of his entire existence.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Ooooof, this is such a nonsense take for video games honestly. There are entire games dedicated to hunting, Red Dead Redemption 2 has a feature like that, restricting or condemning something like this in a video game is really pointless. Video games display reality (more or less), the good and the bad. They don't need to be political correct or transport a message let alone be a moral compass. There is nothing problematic with Nessingwary and his hunting. It's the point of his entire existence.
    Ehm, yes there was a problem with it. If you can't see it you are part of the problem. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole "hunting animals for fun" part came from Afrasiabi himself.

Good riddance. I don't want the glorification of mounting rare animals on a spike for fun in WoW. (and for thouse who liked it, the old quests are still in the game. Atleast they actually made a positive message instead of deleting the old content like they did with other problematic stuff)

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Monk with the gold color instead of white
    Monk with anything but the bulky as fuck human male model would be nice. So it fits the concept art better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I think it's different in Red Dead Redemption where you very much hunt to survive and eat and what Hemet does which is hunt entirely for the pleasure of killing and collecting trophies. At no point is the concern survival.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyWarrior View Post
    Only warriors should get execute mechanics
    Don't take away my Touch of Death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Ehm, yes there was a problem with it. If you can't see it you are part of the problem. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole "hunting animals for fun" part came from Afrasiabi himself.

Good riddance. I don't want the glorification of mounting rare animals on a spike for fun in WoW. (and for thouse who liked it, the old quests are still in the game. Atleast they actually made a positive message instead of deleting the old content like they did with other problematic stuff)
    No there wasn't a problem with it. Unless you're a psychopath and you go and do this irl.

Do you think GTA games are problematic as well?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    No there wasn't a problem with it. Unless you're a psychopath and you go and do this irl.

Do you think GTA games are problematic as well?
    Last time I checked GTA games were rated as 18+ content. And yeah, I don't really care for these and wouldn't mind if they stopped to produce new ones lol.

And I could argue that "being a gangster who steals cars" is less problematic than people who hunt rare innocent animals and put their heads on a spike for fun.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-07-18 at 11:28 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I would kill to have my character look like the one in blue.
    Just give us more customization options for "older" races. Doesn't need to be horns but more hair colors and styles some scars and jewelry would go a long way. Maybe even something like greyscale from GoT to get the scaley look.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it's different in Red Dead Redemption where you very much hunt to survive and eat and what Hemet does which is hunt entirely for the pleasure of killing and collecting trophies. At no point is the concern survival.
    Yeah hunting stuff for survival is a fair game. Killing animals for fun and trophies is disgusting though and shouldn't in any way be glorified.

#TEAMGIRAFFE