Poll: What do you think?

Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Since this thread is about dracthyr appearance I'll talk about this in here.

Now that alpha is out and it is possible to see how armor actually looks like, I feel rather disapointed. You can't even mount in dracthyr form.

The armor you can put on in character creation (and I assume can change in barber) is very limited compared to actual selection of armors. I have seen some screenshots of these character creation armors and only one of them looks good. Basically it seems to me that this single armor is the only good set evokers can wear. That is unless the dragonflight content offers extra armors you can select or wear that looks good. It is still extremely limited.

Dracthyr looked fine enough and seems fine otherwise, but to basically separate it from the ability to transmog properly seems like big mistake.

I hope this will be fixed somehow.
    Last edited by Morae; 2022-07-14 at 08:25 PM.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Since this thread is about dracthyr appearance I'll talk about this in here.

Now that alpha is out and it is possible to see how armor actually looks like, I feel rather disapointed. You can't even mount in dracthyr form.

The armor you can put on in character creation (and I assume can change in barber), is very limited compared to actual selection of armors. I have seen some screenshots of these character creation armors and only one of them looks good. Basically it seems to me that this single armor is the only good set evokers can wear. That is unless the dragonflight content offers extra armors you can select or wear that looks good. It is still extremely limited.

Dracthyr looked fine enough and seems fine otherwise, but to basically separate it from the ability to transmog properly seems like big mistake.

I do hope that they let the tier sets be visible in some way.
    Be it through barber shop options that unlock when you get the gear or through transmog… but I just do hope that’s not the only armor we’ll ever see on our Dracthyr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    These gorgeous edits by Alissera on Twitter are flying under the radar and deserve way more attention so I'm cross-posting them here.

More Races for Dracthyr Visage Form by Alissera on Twitter

Male Trolls

Female Trolls

Male Night Elves

Female Night Elves

Female Blood Elves

Male Human

Male Human (less jewelry)

Male Tauren

Last edited by ercarp; 2022-07-19 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    These gorgeous edits by cherrytheestallion on Reddit are flying under the radar and deserve way more attention so I'm cross-posting them here.

More Races for Dracthyr Visage Form by cherrytheestallion

Female Blood Elves

[/IMG]

This is what I really want but I very much doubt we will get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see the Visage model getting expanded in the future. Probably a few races at a time over the course of a few expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    These gorgeous edits by cherrytheestallion on Reddit are flying under the radar and deserve way more attention so I'm cross-posting them here.

More Races for Dracthyr Visage Form by cherrytheestallion

Male Trolls

Female Trolls

Male Night Elves

Female Night Elves

Female Blood Elves

Male Human

Male Human (less jewelry)

Male Tauren

god damn they look awesome, especielly the night elf ones! (and the males for once dont look grumpy)

You know – now it's struck my fancy – that the Drakthyr could've also been made more interesting if they played up the mutated element of them. A body horror-based race would surely be something new that hasn't really been added since the Forsaken.

This particular design is fairly hideous, but it's reflective of a race in early development for Cataclysm (note that it could have been this rather ugly and generic thing, but I digress) that probably informed the Drakthyr. I find them to be a much cooler race because it plays up the element that they are an artificial race—they don't need to be ugly, but the artificiality could've been played up—give them an affinity for alchemy, for instance! They are already characterized as "curious", and that could've been played up. In this regard, they wouldn't even need to be strictly deformed, but it could've drawn the artificiality more into play.

If they were to go for the full body horror idea, like I proposed earlier, that could've also brought into play all sorts of unique abilities that wouldn't even need to be strictly Dragon-focused—alchemical or mutative in nature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    This is very likely impossible—they're designed like NPC models, I think, so they're likely not even rigged for real armor.

One thing that I do like about this is it makes races like, say, Nerubians easier to design. While it makes for a disappointing race now, it may open the door for cool and new possibilities.

They should be changed.
    Actually make a dragonrace and get lost with the whole humanoid form and copy paste other races.

Base model should be: (an actually dragon human mix)

And when they transform they should actually become a dragon like:

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    They should be changed.
    Actually make a dragonrace and get lost with the whole humanoid form and copy paste other races.

Base model should be: (an actually dragon human mix)

And when they transform they should actually become a dragon like:
    But then people would be happy, blizz devs nowdays not interested in that kind of thing, their new thing is "DRAMA" to make people whine,cry, and use Tvatter.

I don't get it. Why would anyone want a big bulky dragon when they're gonna be healing with their dream powers?

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    But then people would be happy, blizz devs nowdays not interested in that kind of thing, their new thing is "DRAMA" to make people whine,cry, and use Tvatter.
    Honestly, I wouldn't...
    First one doesn't look like a dragon to me. To human like proportions and more of a turtle face.
    Never liked the bottom dragons in WoW. It's why I never use dragon mounts, the animations are wack and fighting as one of those would be kind of meh...

Different folk different strokes.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Keyboard Turner
    1+ Year Old Account
    I completely agree with most of the points here. The current Dracthyr is quite underwhelming and goofy looking. Makes me wonder why they wanted to reinvent the wheel, when updated models of the dragon aspects, which in my opinion look damn near perfection, exist in the game. If you've seen any alpha footage, the 'actual' NPC dracthyrs also look incredible - and when Blizzard didn't want us to use transmog on our playable Dracthyrs, couldn't they just have given us a model closer to that of the NPCs, which actually look more draconic than our toy-store version?

Ponder, ponder.

Yes, yes I did just create an account to reply here.

Quote Originally Posted by Icy96 View Post
    I completely agree with most of the points here. The current Dracthyr is quite underwhelming and goofy looking. Makes me wonder why they wanted to reinvent the wheel, when updated models of the dragon aspects, which in my opinion look damn near perfection, exist in the game. If you've seen any alpha footage, the 'actual' NPC dracthyrs also look incredible - and when Blizzard didn't want us to use transmog on our playable Dracthyrs, couldn't they just have given us a model closer to that of the NPCs, which actually look more draconic than our toy-store version?

Ponder, ponder.
    I've been diving into the Dracthyr info since I have a bit of time and I have to echo what a lot of people have been saying: I want bulkier and different body options. Emphasis on options - which other people still apparently are happy to dismiss because having options is a bad thing? I think some of that just comes from a fear that they'll have to see the options used on other people's characters but... I could be wrong, if there's some other reason for opposing options.

Anyway.

Yes, I want a bulkier option. I understand people who are tired of and want a not-muscle race option. I’m not, heh. The fact they have given options here, I have to wonder who thought “slightly more slender” and “slightly bulkier” would go over well with the general populous.

A better philosophy (in my opinion) would have been, “We’re going to give people options, and we know some will want muscle mass and others will want lithe. So let’s give them both, with a spectrum in between.”

I guarantee you, if they had gone in with and designed around that, you would not hear nearly so many dissenting opinions. Yes, you’d still have the outlier who wants to take it further, and maybe there would still be tweaks to be made, but far more of the player base would have been fine with them, because the majority would have their personal tastes covered.

The biggest put-down I've heard in response to having bulkier choices was "It doesn't make sense for a caster." And frankly I find that reason very wanting. Whether or not someone primarily uses magic has nothing to do with their personal exercise routine. Not all magic users are necessarily scrawny geeks in the same way that not all gamers hate the gym. If you're going to make a big deal about giving 'body options,' make sure they're actual body options that cover a larger span of your expected demographic's tastes.

That and... would one really need to list every buff race that can also be casters? What doesn't make sense to me is limiting the options rather than providing more variety for the core and most visible trait that defines a character.

----

And I absolutely adore those alternate race visage forms. I am all for those.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Dracthyr heads are absolutely in the WarCraft aesthetic - more specifically, the modern stuff like Wrathion.

No one wants their heads to look like traditional WoW dragon heads. They are atrocious.

Left is traditional. Absolutely godawful. Right is modern, and way better, which is why the Dracthyr follow it more closely. Both are warcraft.

At least play the game before making weird comments about the WarCraft aesthetic, because you just painted yourself as clueless in regards to the WoW aesthetics.
    I want their heads to look like that. You know what's also modern? This lad with large jaws and underbite

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

So menacing, truly wow dragons like some folks say
    Hahah! So accurate my mate!

um kyrian need ability to fly like dracthyr with beautiful angelic wings.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    How many genders can we play with dragthyr?
    Two bodies lel.

- - - Updated - - -

Look at this fucking cool edit I found

Og dragon head

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Og dragon head
    Now this looks fantastic! I hope blizz reconsider adjusting the head size accordingly!

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    How many genders can we play with dragthyr?
    All of them as it is the trans representation in wow. Every race in wow represents some type of people or culture in the world

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Two bodies lel.

- - - Updated - - -

Og dragon head
    Now ask them to cool-edit whole body, head looks great.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilmoyh View Post
    I don't get it. Why would anyone want a big bulky dragon when they're gonna be healing with their dream powers?
    Because the green dragonflight is big bulky dragons who heal with dream powers?