Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Dracthyr absolutely killing my hype for this expansion. Terrible race out of left field that could have been cool but were getting these crap identity crisis geckos. The Evoker itself looks not fun version of a DH
    I’m not worried about looks. I’m worried about playstyle and evoker is looking good for playstyle with a little complexity in both specs. Comparing it to DH, that any smooth brain could play with their hands tied behind their back, is a bit disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    Mythic gear from missions? Didnt you actually have to kill some mythic bosses to get that reward going?
    That's how they made it work for 6.2, but for the start if you pugged the first boss on heroic, which most people were doing since the first boss in highmaul and BRF were so easy, you were able to get the mythic gear from missions

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SovietBabeyyy View Post
    Dragons

Thats it.

Never saw such big decline in hype or interest.
    Strange, because everyone i know that plays is very hyped/excited with all the info coming out.

Only MMO-Champ is the pinnalce of hatebois.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

This will be the first time since wow was released that I will not be playing day one. I may look in to it a couple months after but I just don't care anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Strange, because everyone i know that plays is very hyped/excited with all the info coming out.
    And everyone I know is very disappointed and turned off by all the info coming out.

It's almost like... personal environments suffer from biases and self-selective distortions.

IMAGINE THAT.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    And everyone I know is very disappointed and turned off by all the info coming out.

It's almost like... personal environments suffer from biases and self-selective distortions.

IMAGINE THAT.
    Yeah like groups of hatebois and groups of postive minded people.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    That's how they made it work for 6.2, but for the start if you pugged the first boss on heroic, which most people were doing since the first boss in highmaul and BRF were so easy, you were able to get the mythic gear from missions
    that is not how that worked
    you needed to do a full clear+1 for the difficulty to increase

so for mythic gear from highmaul you needed to kill heroic bosses 8 times

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    that is not how that worked
    you needed to do a full clear+1 for the difficulty to increase

so for mythic gear from highmaul you needed to kill heroic bosses 8 times
    Weird, hadn't raided highmaul but did the first few bosses on heroic and was able to get mythic gear from garrison.

Honestly I have been very critical of the game myself and stopped playing it when I didnt enjoy it but at this point I dont know what you people would want to be happy.

-There is an expansion centric feature: dead on arrival because it will be gone after the expansion -> complaints
    -There is not an expansion centric feature and instead we return to the roots of the game with more base content than before: nothing to do -> complaints

And the worst part of it is people compare it to vanilla-TBC-WoTLK version of the game claiming there was so much more to do back then. Like literally wtf are you smoking? Its totally fine if you preffered those versions, I myself have very very fond memories of all of those expansions but to unironically claim there was more to do in those expansions for the average player is a straight up lie.

EDIT: Also people are being incredibly disingenuous about the Evoker. While I am also one of the people that hates the way they look and will likely not be playing one outside of maybe making an alt, their gameplay is not "a less fun demon hunter". It looks like a very involved and dynamic class with mechanics that we have not seen before and it will certainly attract a specific audience to it. The gameplay looks refreshing and fun despite their looks.
    Last edited by Delever; 2022-07-18 at 07:54 AM.

Or groups of fanbois and realistic people.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Weird, hadn't raided highmaul but did the first few bosses on heroic and was able to get mythic gear from garrison.
    it didnt work like that at any point
    even in 6.2 it required more kills than in the raid to boost your gear ilvl
    i think it kept this cut off even in legion for the biweekly mission quest

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post

But Dracthyr looks like they took big inspiration from My Little Pony, Disney Princess, RuPaul's Drag Race.
    This list definitely misses: How to train your Dracthyr. Other sources are Skyrim (I hope they give warriors a Fus Ro Dah shout to instantly kill all dragons/dracthyrs), Dragon Age and others. But sadly the Dracthyr look like Lizardpeople rather than Dragonkins sooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    systemlands was definitely a disaster. the game has 3 avenues - raids, dungeons and arena, but a game without an overarching central power system to tie it all together is simply what WoD was. i guess 6 years is enough for ppl to start preferring pure raid logging twice a week. so now WoD is considered...peak design?
    WoD? Why WoD? Does Vanilla, TBC, Wrath, Cata and MoP not exist or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    WoD? Why WoD? Does Vanilla, TBC, Wrath, Cata and MoP not exist or something?
    WoD was the most recent example before big overarching systems were added. And those systems were not bad, it was the implementation that sucked, which is why final patches are usually remembered fondly, when the systems are actually fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Dragonriding is literally buzz light years "falling with style" lol. I hope there's an option to ignore it as much as possible.
    Its actually not. You know nothing. The dragonriding speed is 950% at base before upgrades.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

IMAGINE THAT.
    Nah it just means everyone you know has the mentality and IQ if a dead rat.

Since the vast majority of people who have ever played WoW no longer do, the positive minded people are rather unrepresentative.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Dragonflight alpha so far :
    1)no raids
    2)no dungeons
    3)no proffessions
    4)not all zones out
    5)no full questing
    6)no pvp
    people in the forums: "what did you like about Dragonflight?"

I dont know mate maybe i should look into my magic orb and tell you the future!

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Dragon is epitome of MAGICAL world, power, wisdom, majesty, a being so mysterious that common folk can't even dream to come near and pet it, like some cat.

But Dracthyr looks like they took big inspiration from My Little Pony, Disney Princess, RuPaul's Drag Race.
    Buddy one of the most famouse and oldest fantasy dragon is a horse carrying a monk to the west with no roll outside of getting beaten up, pet or forced to carry stuff. stop thinking of movie dragons.

dragons range from edgy boy ( lindwurm prince in the norse) to venemouse forces of nature ( beowulf ). Chinese dragons are literally just better humans often when they talk or act and fafnir literally is a angry forrest spirit. Quetzalcoatl is a sometimes human sometimes snake sometimes sun thing. Xiucoatl is a literal club

now tell me : what is a dragon?

maybe this will help : https://youtu.be/3eXAPwjASEQ
    Last edited by ArenaDk; 2022-07-18 at 02:08 PM.

Blizzactivision brought nothing exciting to this game. Only Sheeps think it'll be that an exciting xpac... Be real, Stop giving what Ion Hazzcock wanted
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2022-07-18 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    it didnt work like that at any point
    even in 6.2 it required more kills than in the raid to boost your gear ilvl
    i think it kept this cut off even in legion for the biweekly mission quest
    Interesting, I must've forgotten a lot what I did within highmaul then.