Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    Is there a website for SC like mmochamp is for WoW? With each patch content summarized, unnoficial forums etc.?
    No. If you want a patch summary then follow Morphologis' Youtube channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    Alright, so this month. I plan on hopping into the verse after the wipe in this patch.

Is there a website for SC like mmochamp is for WoW? With each patch content summarized, unnoficial forums etc.?
    Patch should be out within a week or two is my guess.

As for a website, I don't know of one. There are discord servers who have bots that post any news and chat channels. Try any of the youtubers discords they are all usually decent and posting information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    No. If you want a patch summary then follow Morphologis' Youtube channel.
    i do. also farrister for the visual value of both
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Im not the one posting bad information every chance they get because they dont like the company, when its clear many dont understand what the game is at all.
    Aside "unfinished" and it may never be?
    From what i've seen it's a money pit.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Aside "unfinished" and it may never be?
    From what i've seen it's a money pit.
    Its a very detailed and complex game to make a space MMO, they are creating a new gen game that has never been done before to a massive scale and detail, its an MMO so it will never truely ever be finished.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

it will never truely ever be finished.
    Well one thing you said rings true at least.

- - - Updated - - -

they are creating a new gen game
    I mean by the time it ever actually releases it sure won't be new gen anymore.

I remember geeking out with my buddy about how we would run a security scam on our server and he bought the $45 ship because the game had such promise...I buy him the newest wow expansion for him every time as an apology of wasting his money

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I mean by the time it ever actually releases it sure won't be new gen anymore.
    Duke nukem forever showed how true that was as well.
    Even when it was released it looked dated.

No man's sky and Starfield have put a dent into any dreams anyone may have for Star Citizen.

sure won't be new gen anymore.
    Next-Next….-next… kind of gen.

I mean, 10 years later and half a billion dollars into it…

Jesus Tech which the entire “MMO” part of the game is relying on still nowhere to be seen.

Over 50 planned mechanics still not even implemented, dozens of them broken or stagnant.

1 playable yet incomplete solar system out of the 100 promised.

Squadron 42, after multiple release windows teased, still fucking nothing.

Right now, according to Star Citizen tracker the project is about 10% complete…

…at this peace we are talking about DECADES, until they manage a base release with all the features they promised. Apologetics can cope however they want to, but the truth is that the life-span of a whale is somewhere between 30-70 years, Chris Roberts is no young man himself, and the rest of the game development industry isn’t slowing down for them either as we can see already with Unreal Engine 5.
    Ahahahaha!

I just want them to admit WTF happened to SQ42 development. Why did development apparently reboot 3 times and still nothing. Why did they never talk.

I just want them to admit WTF happened to SQ42 development. Why did development apparently reboot 3 times and still nothing. Why did they never talk.
    To get more money from people like a certain someone in this thread.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Its a very detailed and complex game to make a space MMO, they are creating a new gen game that has never been done before to a massive scale and detail, its an MMO so it will never truely ever be finished.
    Except after 10 years, there is no complexity or scale in it at all.

It's a billion dollar tech demo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Because it would crack the dream, and that would be terrible for business.

There won’t be “it’s still alpha!” excuses or “it will be’s”.

… it would serve as a window to reality, as reviews would start raining down upon it.
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfunk View Post
    Except after 10 years, there is no complexity or scale in it at all.

It's a billion dollar tech demo.
    There is a ton of complexity, you are just showing how little you know or even understand about the game, dont post when you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Its their game they can do whatever they want, its pretty obvious when planet tech was added then that would have to be included in SQ42, the game was not origionally going to have full planet tech, CR has stated he will not release something he is not happy with so thats more than enough for you to know that it will take as long as it needs to be developed.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

dont post when you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
    Here we go again..

- - - Updated - - -

Its their game they can do whatever they want
    Sure if misleading people who backed the game and 'donated' money in their 'cash shop' is a good thing then CiG is a great company.

Sure if misleading people who backed the game and 'donated' money in their 'cash shop' is a good thing then CiG is a great company.
    That was 10 years ago, come on dude get over it... they literally asked the community whether they wanted a small game within the promised timeline or a fully fledged space sim... and the community wanted the latter.

Just go and try the game rather than moan about 10 year old mismanagement problem, the game is coming up well these days with more regular updates than WoW - a fully released mmo... i bet you wouldnt do much better if your dream game turned out to get millions within its kickstarter, you would just get overwhelmed and run with the money because the pressure is too much. kek.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    None whatsoever. No other video game company can really compete with Star Citizen.

As CiG business is selling dreams, and not video games.
    I didnt know i can play dreams... like right now i can open up the launcher and start playing star citizen.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really what I meant, people don’t keep shedding cash at Star Citizen for being what it is, people keep throwing cash at it for what they believe it will become.

There is no way a video game can compete with gamers wildest dreams, imagination have no limits unlike CryEngine. Thus the only thing that will affect it’s profits will be its own official base release, and that’s sort of why we are still waiting on Squadron 42.
    Ah man, people always talk negatively about things they hardly know anything about... never change.

ps. they havent used cryengine in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    That was 10 years ago, come on dude get over it... they literally asked the community whether they wanted a small game within the promised timeline or a fully fledged space sim... and the community wanted the latter.
    It was more of a comment on the 'pledge store' instead of cash shop as it should be known. But yeah it WAS 10 fucking years ago and man they sure gave what they promised to backers. Again there is a literal WALL of quotes of CR flat out lying to backers and 'pledge' cash shop buyers but that isn't important to you is it? Nope.

- - - Updated - - -

Just go and try the game rather than moan about 10 year old mismanagement problem
    You couldn't pay me to play that piece of shit. At least you acknowledge there is a 10 year old mismanagement issue going on though. Good on you.

- - - Updated - - -

the game is coming up well these days with more regular updates than WoW - a fully released mmo...
    Is it though? Is it really? They sure put a lot of things in their timelines that they fail to deliver on. Wasn't SQ42 greyboxed years ago? Wonder where that is.

And I dunno if you know this but umm WoW has another expansion coming out this year. You know the 9th one. Not too bad for a game that is actually 'fully released' instead of a game in a perpetual Alpha.

- - - Updated - - -

i bet you wouldnt do much better if your dream game turned out to get millions within its kickstarter, you would just get overwhelmed and run with the money because the pressure is too much. kek.
    What kind of comment even is this? Gee I dunno if I could do the CR and get paid for 10+ years and fail to deliver a product I'd say he's doing a pretty fucking stellar job of being paid to not deliver a game. Bravo for him on that one right?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say yes I think I could beat that if I was being funded for a 'dream project'. Know why? I wouldn't let bloat and feature creep derail the project on trying to deliver what was promised. But hey this is all a hypothetical. Are you saying CR is not overwhelmed? Because he sure is FAR FAR away from delivering this 'dream game'. Like years and millions and millions more dollars away. Better keep tossing him money for your dream game bud.

And 'kek'. Really? How sad is that?

- - - Updated - - -

I didnt know i can play dreams... like right now i can open up the launcher and start playing star citizen.
    Sure and then open up the launcher again after a few hours when it crashes. Enjoy that MASSIVE world of a 50 player server cap. Woo Woo. Go high-five some T-posing NPC's! The dream!

You know I love how defenders of SC try and compare their perpetual Alpha game to fully released games. It is always an endless source of laughter for us.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2022-07-18 at 05:23 PM.

Ah man, people always talk negatively about things they hardly know anything about... never change.
    Wtf is this shit? Kenn 2.0? *Sigh, let’s go with that…

they literally asked the community whether they wanted a small game within the promised timeline or a fully fledged space sim... and the community wanted the latter.
    Wrong. They asked the community if they wanted to extra stretch goals after reaching the original goal.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitize....ls_related_to/

Q: What should we do with the crowdfunding counter after we reach our goal? (Total Votes: 21076 - 8% of Citizens, 12% of alpha backers)
    1. 5% - Take the funds raised counter down after $23 million (mission achieved!)
    2. 7% - Have the funding counter display the amount towards the current stretch goal / feature, not the total amount once we reach $23M.
    3. 88% - Keep it up through development and continue to offer stretch goal rewards in addition to extra features and development milestones.

Q: Should we continue to offer stretch goals? (Total Votes: 34590 - 7% of Citizens, ~14% of alpha backers)
    1. 55% - Yes
    2. 26% - No
    3. 20% - No preference

No one really knew what the fucking they were voting for as they were extremely ambiguous with it. Not many details were actually given about these extra goals, as for the consequences that it would bring to its development time, I'll just quote the man himself, Chris Roberts:

"Perhaps more importantly we can apply greater number of resources to the various tasks to ensure we deliver the full functionality sooner rather than later."

"The purpose of the higher stretch goals is to ensure that the game-as-described is finished in the two year time period."

ps. they havent used cryengine in years.
    @ https://starcitizen.tools/Star_Engine

Star Engine is the unofficial name of Star Citizen's game engine.[1] Originally it is a heavily refactored version of CryEngine 3 from Crytek used since the first in-engine video released at the start of the Crowdfunding campaign. More specifically, the last update integrated into Star Citizen's code was patch 3.8.[2]

On 2016-12-23, CIG announced with the release of Star Citizen Alpha 2.6.0 its move to Amazon_Lumberyard game-engine (which is also based on CryEngine 3.8) in order to utilize the integrated Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Cloud-Computing features "to support next generation online gaming" [3] . It is not known which version of Lumberyard is currently integrated in Star Engine and how CIG will handle future iterations (as of November 2016, the current version of Lumberyard is Beta 1.6).

Engine development is still driven within the CIG studio structure with some of former Crytek employees supervising the project[citation needed].

(Why do you think SC server struggles with 50 players )

Rofl, “hardly know anything about”, fucking hell… it’s hypocrisy some sort requirement when it comes to shilling for CiG, or this is all pure coincidence?

Regardless, I’ll ask you the same, never change my dude, because people like you are probably the most entertaining part of this project.

Humm, should I start adding colorful crayon drawings to my posts or something?

"It's just like real life, but in space."

imagination isn't bound by the limits of game development, therefore it will be whatever you want it to be and much more, and all that will just magically work and be a fuck ton of fun.
    I was talking about the base product, the version with everything CiG promised.

What you can play right now is a glorified vertical slice of the “dream”.

Just go and try the game rather than moan about 10 year old mismanagement problem, the game is coming up well these days
    Been there, done that, super fun, 10/10 IGN.

Last edited by banmebaby; 2022-07-18 at 08:01 PM.
    Ahahahaha!

You couldn't pay me to play that piece of shit. At least you acknowledge there is a 10 year old mismanagement issue going on though. Good on you.
    This is Chris Roberts we are talking about. This isn't mismanagement, it's working as intended. The grift has always been strong with him.