Poll: Hype Level Dragonflight

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The fact you've had this opinion since at least early 2021 and you're still here talking about how bad the game is and so on is just so comical. Glad I bookmarked your post history page 6~ months ago.

Sure, game is dead to you. See you in DF. See you on these forums in 1, 2 and 3 years from now.
    I never understand people like you. Can you not wrap your head around someone following the release of a new expansion of a game that they have played for years but don’t like the current state of it?

I haven’t played retail since early-mid legion but I have always been on forums either discussing classic or watching retail development to see if it has changed into a game that I like again.

Like does saving another posters history from 6 months ago of them doing the same thing like…. Prove something to you? I’m really not sure what you think this does?

Not incredibly excited, but at least it seems that its going to be a lot better than Shadowlands. They got rid of most systems and try to bring back more of vanilla WoW's aspects like huge zones and talent trees. But its still very much lacking in (new) content despite adding both a new race and class.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2022-07-18 at 06:12 PM.

6 - I am optimistic. I am just waiting to find the catch where there is some gimmicky time gated bullshit that prevents me from doing the content I actually want to like there has been in the last three expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of what I have seen so far makes me optimistic. It seems they might have learned from some of their mistakes. I'm hopeful but I haven't played any of Shadowlands so who am I to say?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somic View Post
    I never understand people like you. Can you not wrap your head around someone following the release of a new expansion of a game that they have played for years but don’t like the current state of it?

I haven’t played retail since early-mid legion but I have always been on forums either discussing classic or watching retail development to see if it has changed into a game that I like again.

Like does saving another posters history from 6 months ago of them doing the same thing like…. Prove something to you? I’m really not sure what you think this does?
    Sounds like you have issues letting a game go and feel the need for others to give you confirmation on your feelings. Towards a game. On a fansite. For a game.

Sheesh.
    Hi

a solid 8... I'm not completely blown away, but I'm feeling yea this looks pretty good and I wanna play it

7+ Year Old Account

After BfA, Shadowlands and Blizzard as a whole during the last years, wow needs to start making a lot of changes that appeal to me so that I can care to even go back to the game.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Sounds like you have issues letting a game go and feel the need for others to give you confirmation on your feelings. Towards a game. On a fansite. For a game.

Sheesh.
    Don’t need confirmation from anyone? I just like using forums to discuss things I’m interested in. Such as games I have or want to play. You’re projecting super hard here pal, I’m not the one literally bookmarking what someone else said half a year ago to prove a point that they…. Disprove of how a game is going? That’s really strange and I’d steer clear of criticizing anyone for just simply stating their opinions on a website when you’re sitting here not only bookmarking past statements, but also remembering the username of these posters so much so that you recognize them when they post and remind them that you are stalking their posts.

Bud…. Come on.

My hype level is 2.

The one and only vaguely interesting thing about Dragonflight is the dragon riding, which could be good but so far looks to be very disappointing.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Personally I'm hopeful.

There is no system that messes up everything. There is nothing big that people are screaming at blizzard to change it like the covenants in SL. My worry is that the lack of screaming is that there is simply nothing to scream at. The amount of content and stuff to do isn't exactly big. Then again, it reminds me of the older expansions (pre legion).

Its going to be fine. *huffs copium*
    Pretty much this for me too. Taking a nice long pull of the copium and hoping for the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

I voted 3. Seems like it's going to be a rushed filler expansion, dracthyr make no sense being super soldiers built by deathwing when they look so fragile and dragonoids already exist. Nor does them having glam rock/scene girl visage forms make any sense. They literally sound like a 12 year olds fan fiction oc. Dragon riding seems like it will be a borrowed power that's abandoned next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see the majority being hyped for the expansion.

The fact you've had this opinion since at least early 2021 and you're still here talking about how bad the game is and so on is just so comical.
    Schadenfreude is addictive. I'm loving watching Blizzard and the game struggle.

No, you won't see me in DF unless something very unexpected happens. If they make some big public mea culpa about the bad design philosophy that led them to SL, an d explain how that's all changed to a new design philosophy that I can accept, then I may come back. Just seeing them change details? Sorry, I have no trust in circumstantial evidence of a putative change of heart.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    So far its beyond dissapointing.

1) we cannot normaly fly on our 21287381273 dragons just glide on 1 provided by system
    2)gliding will be gated liek helli bet now diamonds again nuts
    3_instead giving us 8 new dungeons in m+ we only get 4 new and 4 old rehased one
    4)they are bringing back toxicity in form of removal of personal loot - guilds will again extort loot from players
    5)its rushed like hell - everyone know that it should be summer/autumn 2023 release - instead we will get another beta launch devoided of content.
    6)no casual friendly content was announced yet - its still usual content only for top 5%.

so far my verdict is - i will stick to playing FF14 primarily - nothing they do in DF will bring back casual crowds back to wow.
    Join a different guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    8 for me. Much of what they're doing is what IMO they should be doing. Taking WoW back to some basics, working on enhancing what we have & making it better with things like Dragon Riding as opposed to trying to force us into endless grinding, and a plot that's likely to be mostly fun dragon stuff as opposed to 25D Sylvanas Chess. Plus we've needed a new class for a while & the Evoker sounds like it absolutely plays differently than the other DPS/Healing classes out there. If it comes out as it appears to be, it's just WoW which is what we've wanted for a while.

There's definitely a few things that could be better. I'd love to see someone get a tanking spec to add in potential new tanks, and only having Male BE & Female Human visages is kinda weird. But overall I think it'll be fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Im moderately hyped. More optimistic than excited I guess. I like the direction they are moving, and they are listening to feedback more than before. I don't think it will be the best expansion ever, but I'm happy to leave Shadowlands behind. Probably a 7/10.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I literally have no hype for this expansion and have a bad feeling it will be worse even than SL.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm going for a solid 4 right now

Some things on the alpha is looking good, but nothing that really blows me away.

10+ Year Old Account
    With Alpha coming out and seeing the raid sets and weapons its a good solid 7 for me. Pre-Alpha it was a 4, "thank god we're finally leaving Shadowlands"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post

No, just no. It would get 1, if it had no dragonriding and no new crafting system. It would have 3, if it still had something like Torghast/Warfronts/Islands.
    So something you do once a week?
    Last edited by SinR; 2022-07-19 at 05:28 AM. Reason: I added more words to it because I felt it needed them
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I'm about a 5 atm, will change once we see Warrior/Shaman/Paladin talents as they're my main 3 currently. Also waiting to see some dungeons and the raid testing.