Poll: Dracthyr visage forms of other races or Evoker playable by other races

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    uhh...racials are massive for pvp. They have been nerfed/changed/removed time and time again all because they skew entire metas.
    3 or 4 are. It is often the same ones too. For now since they are a single race and class there is no difference between calling something a racial or an ability anything they are doing is unique to that combo of race and class. A major reason the racials break metas is the different ways the same ability functions for different specs or having a free trinket or the ability to have 2 pvp trinkets thanks to every man for himself. When push comes to shove racials hardly matter for most and even when they do it is a tiny difference. For some high end play it can be a game changer, but those people aren't playing the same game that 95% of the players do.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    3 or 4 are. It is often the same ones too. For now since they are a single race and class there is no difference between calling something a racial or an ability anything they are doing is unique to that combo of race and class. A major reason the racials break metas is the different ways the same ability functions for different specs or having a free trinket or the ability to have 2 pvp trinkets thanks to every man for himself. When push comes to shove racials hardly matter for most and even when they do it is a tiny difference. For some high end play it can be a game changer, but those people aren't playing the same game that 95% of the players do.
    They literally changed several racials over the course of the game due to pvp imbalance

Humans had their racial removed (Perception) and then had their second racial also altered (Every Man for Themselves)

Orcs got a nerf to Hardiness because of trinket stacking

Blood Elves had their racial entirely changed from an AoE silence to a dispel.

Warstomp is why there are significantly more Tauren Druids than other races on Horde.

the high end players are what blizzard caters to however --- which is why these racials got changed in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

The Dracthyr should be able to choose their base race look this I am all for.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    The Dracthyr should be able to choose their base race look this I am all for.
    Shouldnt be so hard if someone was able to transpose the changes onto existing races like this

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Shouldnt be so hard if someone was able to transpose the changes onto existing races like this
    Lol. Do you think that photoshopping parts of one picture onto another picture is somehow equivalent to making/modifying customization options for 24 different race models?

7+ Year Old Account
    If the visage forms are other races, then all races are evokers, simple as that

Dracthyr is a glorified demon hunter form, not a race, make it so that all races are visage and the problem is fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    If the visage forms are other races, then all races are evokers, simple as that

Dracthyr is a glorified demon hunter form, not a race, make it so that all races are visage and the problem is fixed.
    Uh, they have racials.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Uh, they have racials.
    Easy turn those racials into class abilities...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Easy turn those racials into class abilities...
    That would be utterly boring, and also wouldn't make much sense lorewise.

7+ Year Old Account
    Uh, they have racials.
    That does not change what they are, a glorified class treated as a race.

I say let them unlock new visage forms by reaching exalted with that race's faction. Makes it a bit more lore-friendly as you'd actually have to get to know the race you're becoming. Could even act as extra content if they added little quest lines to go with it. Imagine you reach Exalted with Org and get a quest to go help an Orc warband fight off some evil dragons or something epic and then you learn "Heart of an Orc" which unlocks the Orc visage form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    That does not change what they are, a glorified class treated as a race.
    They’re both. The entire point of the concept is that the class utilizes the innate features of the race. In this case, the draconic features. It’d be like Worgen getting a werewolf class.

I'd like to see all of the following:

a) Other classes opened to Dracthyr
    b) Evoker opened to other races
    c) Dracthyr visages of other races

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post

The only way you’d see Evoker opened up to other races is by allowing other races to transform into a dragon, which seems rather weird. Further, the dracthyr model doesn’t lend itself well to other classes.

Actually, visages of other races and eVoker opened to other races is the same thing , unless other classes are opened to Dracthyr.

It's like if Demon hunters were available to every race, So, Evoker class becomes available to all these races, and you get these customisations (done by Alleria on twister) for the Evoker class - just like you had for DHs and DKs, the difference between other race Evoker's and Drachtyr evokers is dragon form, other race Evokers get phantom magical wings and tails when they do dragon abilities, tapping into draconic power or blood - maybe they are mortals who have been fused with draconic magic or blood. Meanwhile a Drachtyr ofc is a dragon.

This would also mean the Drachtyr will learn to be other classes, so if they do, should they have visage form of more races? Thee answer might be no, because you can just be another race, and if you want to have the customisation, play an Evoker of another race. Whereas playing a Drachtyr emphasises the Dragon form more, because off course, this is what you get. Visage form becomes less important when the Evoker class is available to other races, and they get the customisations I linked.

Put it this way, you want to be Dracthyr rogue - for visage form of say a gnome? Well if it's the gnome frame you like, why not roll a gnome rogue? if it's the Gnome visage customisations you like, then surely you should be a gnome Evoiker - having visage gnome rogue is superfluous. A dracthyr rogue then becomes only distinguishable because of it's dragon form - because Evoker is now available ot other classes and they get these visage customisations

Wouldn't mind opening up Drathyr and Evoker after DF.

The Dracthyr got acquainted to their new allies and were able to craft better form similar to their allies and also picking up their classes.

The races of the Horde and Alliance learned how to wield draconic powers from the Dracthyr

The only way you’d see Evoker opened up to other races is by allowing other races to transform into a dragon, which seems rather weird. Further, the dracthyr model doesn’t lend itself well to other classes.
    You wouldn't have them transform to dragons, cos that's Dracthyr - what you would have is them only adopt some version of dragon for the breadth/tail abilitiies.. And that can be anything -t hey could sprout just wings + tail- like the DHs wing when he glides (partial transformation .. or get a phantom/spectral type. IDea is of you want to be a dragon, you need to roll a Dracthyr.

oPresuambly, with this arrangement, Dracthyr would also be able to be other classes - then the question would enter, do we allow them to fight entirely in visage form, or do we impose some dragonform time.. ultimately i think they'd be in favour of letting the player choose.. but with visage form availble via the Evoker class for all the races who can be Evokers, they may feel it better to re-inforce the Dragonfrom more.

- - - Updated - - -

They’re both. The entire point of the concept is that the class utilizes the innate features of the race. In this case, the draconic features. It’d be like Worgen getting a werewolf class.
    Yeh, they're both, - it is kinda the same with Demon hunters and Death knights - if you really think about it - they're just inserted into several races.. and they could do exactly the same with the Evoker later - those visage forms you saw above? Would work just as well as the Evoker customisation on the race. Just like DHs and DKs - so rather than Dracthy rget other race vsiage forms, other races get the visage form but as the Evoker class - and as I said before, the dragon abilities would then not transform you into a dragon if you're ont dracthyr buut could just partially transform i.e. sprout wings and a tail similar to demon hunter wings when you glide.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    Wouldn't mind opening up Drathyr and Evoker after DF.

The Dracthyr got acquainted to their new allies and were able to craft better form similar to their allies and also picking up their classes.

The races of the Horde and Alliance learned how to wield draconic powers from the Dracthyr
    Why would they do that? They are supersoldiers ALREADY. Why the fuck would they randomly decide to become a rogue?

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

The only one out of these that I see happening is the other classes.
    I guarantee that they’ll be getting other classes in 11.0 or 12.0. They already have all the warrior, rogue, and I believe hunter animations.

Don’t see why else they’d add those animations in if there wasn’t an intention for them to become those classes in the future.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    You wouldn't have them transform to dragons, cos that's Dracthyr - what you would have is them only adopt some version of dragon for the breadth/tail abilitiies.. And that can be anything -t hey could sprout just wings + tail- like the DHs wing when he glides (partial transformation .. or get a phantom/spectral type. IDea is of you want to be a dragon, you need to roll a Dracthyr.
    The difference is that the vast majority of DH abilities are weapon based abilities that don’t require the demonic form, or are general demonic spells like Immolation Aura that don’t require a demon form. However, the majority of Evoker abilities are based on having the body of a dragon. This includes the racial abilities that are tied to the Evoker talent tree. The only way you make it like the DH class is if you fundamentally alter the Evoker class.

Yeh, they're both, - it is kinda the same with Demon hunters and Death knights - if you really think about it - they're just inserted into several races.. and they could do exactly the same with the Evoker later - those visage forms you saw above? Would work just as well as the Evoker customisation on the race. Just like DHs and DKs - so rather than Dracthy rget other race vsiage forms, other races get the visage form but as the Evoker class - and as I said before, the dragon abilities would then not transform you into a dragon if you're ont dracthyr buut could just partially transform i.e. sprout wings and a tail similar to demon hunter wings when you glide.
    See above. Again, you’re looking to fundamentally alter the class, in a rather cheesy way I might add. A Tauren sprouting magical dragon wings and flying around just sounds utterly absurd, and not something Blizzard would ever do.