Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Where do you think dragon isle will be located?

I have seen a few speculating videos and post on where the isle is going to be located

Where do you guys think it will be? Or do we know?
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
    www.twitch.tv/mcitra

Could be bull that I was told from a "bro trust me" source but I always thought they were somewhere between EK and Northrend

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is west of the Maelstrom, north of Kezan.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    Could be bull that I was told from a "bro trust me" source but I always thought they were somewhere between EK and Northrend
    It was there on several early concept maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    It was there on several early concept maps.
    Ah yesh that's where I have it from. Altho I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they're gonna retcon that and put it on the west side of the Maelstrom since Zuldazar/Kul Tiras is on the east side.

Ah yesh that's where I have it from. Altho I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they're gonna retcon that and put it on the west side of the Maelstrom since Zuldazar/Kul Tiras is on the east side.
    It cannot be there. The Dragon Isles wasn't part of Kalimdor pre-Sundering. Most likely it will be between Northrend and EK.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    It cannot be there. The Dragon Isles wasn't part of Kalimdor pre-Sundering. Most likely it will be between Northrend and EK.
    Hence why I said retcon, watch Blizzard do it to make one island expansion on each side of the Maelstrom

Hence why I said retcon, watch Blizzard do it to make one island expansion on each side of the Maelstrom
    Recon the announcement trailer.....?

Pretty sure a interview said North East of the Map. So my guess is close to its old planned location.

The source is a little "trust me bro". I'm not gonna look up an old April interview

10+ Year Old Account
    East of Northrend, north of Eastern Kingdoms.

...I've just realized how funny that reads.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    Recon the announcement trailer.....?

Pretty sure a interview said North East of the Map. So my guess is close to its old planned location.

The source is a little "trust me bro". I'm not gonna look up an old April interview
    Ah if they already stated it that's settled, I thought it was still up in the air except for the concept art from ages ago.

I mean it's where it's supposed to be after all, that part is starting to get a bit crowded though. I don't have the map in front of me but are the Broken Isles on that side of the map as well? EK hoarding all the islands if so, #AllianceBiasConfirmedOMG

Ah if they already stated it that's settled, I thought it was still up in the air except for the concept art from ages ago.

I mean it's where it's supposed to be after all, that part is starting to get a bit crowded though. I don't have the map in front of me but are the Broken Isles on that side of the map as well? EK hoarding all the islands if so, #AllianceBiasConfirmedOMG
    As I said I think they've stated it and even then it was just "North East". My personal guess is North of the Quel'thalas. That's pretty empty.

According to wowpedia its this interview Interview: https://worldofwarcraft.judgehype.co...de-wow-169303/
    Last edited by Wonderment2; 2022-07-18 at 06:28 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Northweast Azeroth, between EK and Northrend.

As per reveal time.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    In WoW's early Alpha (2004), the Dragon Isles was located to the east of Quel'Thalas (specifically the Isle of Quel'Danas), labeled "Alextrasza" in the below image.

Click to enhance image:

The same location as the Dragon Isles are placed in the '01 concept map before WoW was launched.

Click to enhance image:

Remains to be seen if it will remain in the same location in Dragonflight itself.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless they've decided to change it, it's between Lordaeron and Northrend. That's where it was in the Alpha Map, that's where we had those mystery islands on the pre-Wrath World Map.

Though with the first zone being in the north, and the fact that I'm pretty sure that's where we saw the Well of Eternity from in the trailer, I have a fear it's been moved to somewhere around Pandaria.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Because on some videos i saw speculating, the DF announce video shows mealstrom in the distance. But if it is located north of Eastern Kingdom that view is pretty blocked by broken isle no?

Last edited by MCitra; 2022-07-19 at 08:29 AM.
    www.twitch.tv/mcitra

Dragons have always been pretty heavily associated with the north of the world, also based on gameplay I've seen the zone looks like a boreal forest.
    Based on the above I'd say north west of the eastern kingdoms
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by MCitra View Post
    Because on some videos i saw speculating, the DF announce video shows mealstrom in the distance. But if it is located north of Eastern Kingdom that view is pretty blocked by broken isle no?

We won't blame blizzard for three or more inconsistencies. Btw, some of those " broken Isles " were supposed to be underwater , it's been changed to the tomb of sargeras only and then dropped completely, so who knows.

Other point, the world is round , you don't see the base of the maelstrom from afar, juste the top

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's not but always thought they'd be in the sky floating somehow (with magic or something). But probably between Kalimdor and Northrend I suppose.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    We won't blame blizzard for three or more inconsistencies. Btw, some of those " broken Isles " were supposed to be underwater , it's been changed to the tomb of sargeras only and then dropped completely, so who knows.

Other point, the world is round , you don't see the base of the maelstrom from afar, juste the top
    Yeah thats true actually
    www.twitch.tv/mcitra

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post

Well, the part of broken isles that was submerged was the broken shore iirc. so it hasn't been dropped.