Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

Visage Form compromise

What do you think is a fair compromise between player expectations and the reality of Visage Form with a 2022 release? Personally, I don't think all playable races is realistic (though I'd like to be wrong), so this thread isn't about what we think they should be but what would be a fair start for the expansion?

As for me, I think both models of Human, Orc and High Elf is a good start for Visage Form. Male high elf and female human are already covered, so they only have male human, female high elf and both orc models. I don't know about anyone else, but I think Orcs have enough of an association with dragons at this point in the lore, even though they are from an alien world. Dragons were not natural to Draenor, however the Netherwing Dragonflight was formed from black dragon eggs brought by Deathwing (AKA Neltharion, the creators of the Dracthyr). They were altered by nether energies from when the world was torn apart. The Netherwing dragons were born in Outland so if you think about it, a species of dragon is indigenous to Draenor, or the pieces of it at least. The Dragonmaw's culture is heavily influenced by dragons (duh). The origin of the Orcs also goes back to the Titans so you could make the claim that justifies the genetic hybridization of Orcs and Dragonkin.

Evokers likely often use their Visage Form for strategic reasons, such as blending in with a crowd. If you look at it from this perspective, they may choose a form to take based on their needs at the time. That's why I think ultimately speaking, they should be able to shapeshift into a much wider selection of mortal races. If the Visage Form is a magic power, why would it be dependent on the Dracthyr's biological association to the form they take?

Dragonmaw Dracthyr... 'nuff said.
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2022-07-26 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Elaboration

7+ Year Old Account
    I would rather get (zandalari) trolls and night elves instead of humans or orcs.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

This might be unpopular but I don't know why they even needed this 'visage' form anyway. There are multiple dragon species that are just that. Dragons that have humanoid forms are the exception.

I wasn't under the impression that they were gonna add more before launch.

I would've preferred the Visage forms to be what you fight with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

They aren't going to add anything at launch, and likely ever, to the visage forms because it's a tiny lorehead community that wants gnome and tauren with horns. The race was intended to be something new and likely also intended for new fans, hence the most popular race rigs.

Way more likely they will spend time on the assets for playable Drakonid.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2022-07-19 at 03:01 PM.

I think the whole visage form is stupid. Feels like a copout to not work on gear for the Drakthyr.
    Also why do they look like humans and blood elves? Those didn't exist back then did they?

They should only look like Nightelves/Trolls OR if they can decide whenever every single race on azeroth...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think current visage forms are fine. I do think, eventually, they should open visage form options to all races.

I'd rather be a weird dragon than a weird human/belf reskin. Please don't force us into visage form ever, just like worgens

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    I'd rather be a weird dragon than a weird human/belf reskin. Please don't force us into visage form ever, just like worgens
    They are adding riding animations for Dracthyr so you never have to go into visage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    They are adding riding animations for Dracthyr so you never have to go into visage.
    That's good to know. Thanks for the info

At launch? What's there now is fine by me. They put a good foot forward with the visage form customizations that are available now, as far as I'm concerned. But I would be very happy to see other racial appearances being represented eventually. Namely orcs and night elves. Draconic guises besides humans and elves are very much outliers, so it would really surprise me to see work done to give dracthyr visage forms for stuff like tauren and trolls, but it'd be a pleasant surprise, at least. Even if I, personally, would probably stick mostly with the visage appearances we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    They aren't going to add anything at launch, and likely ever, to the visage forms because it's a tiny lorehead community that wants gnome and tauren with horns. The race was intended to be something new and likely also intended for new fans, hence the most popular race rigs.

Way more likely they will spend time on the assets for playable Drakonid.
    You're not wrong, but the race wasn't intended for new players, but for existing. There's literally a warning at the character creation that tells you not to play Evoker if you're new.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    This might be unpopular but I don't know why they even needed this 'visage' form anyway. There are multiple dragon species that are just that. Dragons that have humanoid forms are the exception.
    The draconic form can't wear any armor, and a lot of people (including me) really, really, didn't like that.

At this point there is nothing they can do to fix it. This expansion looks lazy , soulless and uninspired. This new race had promise, but that's the story of Blizzard last 10 years. They have promising ideas and fail at executing.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

7+ Year Old Account
    Unless goblin is on that list i won't be going for it.

My compromise: FINISH WHAT THEY STARTED. ^^^^

Add 'Blood Elf' 'Body Type 2' (or is it 1? which gender gets numerical supremacy?) AKA Blood Elf women, to match Alexstraza.

and add 'Human' 'Body Type 1' AKA Human Men, to match Kalecgos.

It's increasingly obvious they chose Blood Elf Male and Human Female over Human Male and Blood Elf Female because of the masculine/feminine ratio. Human Males are too masculine, Belf females are too feminine,

whereas the notoriously pompous, baby-faced Belf Male is favored, and the Human Female, especially with some boxers on, can look more boyish than the female Belf.

As if the playerbase who plays female chars isn't going to look at that new Alex model and think "dang, wish I could look like that too!", yknow the Poster character?
    Last edited by elderu; 2022-07-19 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elderu View Post
    Kalecgos looks fucking hideous man. What's wrong with his face?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Kalecgos looks fucking hideous man. What's wrong with his face?
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/dragon-...ewer:1:23350:0 (modelviewer link here might show his old model if clicked here? weird.)

https://www.wowhead.com/news/dragon-...ion-and-327700

Mostly lighting and maybe it looks better in the model viewer? but we'll have to just sum this up to preference and that's exactly my point.

from where I'm standing this Kalec face and model is far more appealing than the male Dracthyr visage form. The face is still weirder than my Human Male's, but without the forced pursed lips of the Dracthyr.

edit:

Look at this charming goofball, how could they deprive us.
    Last edited by elderu; 2022-07-19 at 04:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    One thing I always appreciated about FF14 is that the players themselves end up looking cooler than the story characters which is important because you know.. You're gonna be looking at your character 24 / 7

But in WoW they have always given the coolest stuff to the NPCs which is borderline idiotic look at how good Alex looks and compare that to what we get.