Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Gain the Winds of Wisdom 50% Experience Buff

Gain the Winds of Wisdom 50% Experience Buff
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    If you’re just returning after a hiatus from World of Warcraft, leveling another character (or two), or preparing to get a head start on Shadowlands Season 4 then this is the perfect time to jump into the game. Beginning this week with each region’s local weekly reset, World of Warcraft* players level 10-59 will gain an experience buff called “Winds of Wisdom,” which will increase experience gains by 50%!

Players will also be able to take advantage of this experience boost while still using their favorite heirlooms. Don’t delay. The winds will shift once more with the start of Shadowlands Season 4, and the experience buff will no longer be available.

* Experience buff not available in World of Warcraft® Classic titles.

So they turned buff on for retail unexpectedly, while everyone awaits everyweek reset on classic for the same buff that was promised almost 1 month ago "in a few weeks" XD
    HAH

ruh-roh (classic rage inc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we not get some crazy text and just tell us

EXP BUFF WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM July to September or whatever arbitrary dates.

They've evidently reused the description since the last time this buff was available. Heirlooms haven't given any bonus experience for quite some time already.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiruz View Post
    So they turned buff on for retail unexpectedly, while everyone awaits everyweek reset on classic for the same buff that was promised almost 1 month ago "in a few weeks" XD
    HAH
    wasn't that buff meant to be happening 6-8 weeks before Wrath pre-patch? so yeah, that's when the buff is coming to TBC Classic

https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/1549416540436631552

It will be still probably up (this week?) on Classic.

Classic Players: Can we have 50% EXP Buff for Classic?
    Blizzard: We have 50% EXP Buff at Home

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    wasn't that buff meant to be happening 6-8 weeks before Wrath pre-patch? so yeah, that's when the buff is coming to TBC Classic
    The buff is hitting before the prepatch? Does the new servers also open up the moment the prepatch hits?

Kinda makes no sense that they would open up the buff that far before the fresh realms imo. Unless the plan is to open up fresh realms with the xp buff then open the prepatch up later.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somic View Post
    The buff is hitting before the prepatch? Does the new servers also open up the moment the prepatch hits?

Kinda makes no sense that they would open up the buff that far before the fresh realms imo. Unless the plan is to open up fresh realms with the xp buff then open the prepatch up later.
    aren't they giving free server transfers when Wrath drops anyway? they did for TBC. so you could level a character now then transfer when Wrath drops

It's amazing how mismanaged this game is. Can't announce things properly, can't add them during the usual maintenance, what the hell is going on over there? Another walk-out?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    aren't they giving free server transfers when Wrath drops anyway? they did for TBC. so you could level a character now then transfer when Wrath drops
    not for fresh start realms.

Quote Originally Posted by supermany2 View Post
    Classic Players: Can we have 50% EXP Buff for Classic?
    Blizzard: We have 50% EXP Buff at Home
    That's the quality comment I'm revisiting this forum for, thanks

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phob View Post
    not for fresh start realms.
    I mean ok that does kinda defeat the purpose of a fresh start realm, yeah

10+ Year Old Account
    Brace for impact

Blizz is all like "imagine playing classic LUL". they just keep 1 upping themselves on how inept they can be

I hope Blizzard is smart enough to realize that if they can't get Wotlk ready for Q3, to just delay it into Q4.

But yeah, the fact that they haven't announced Classic Wotlk concerns me that they're on fire behind the scenes and try to push out any announcement of a date as long as they possibly can.

Nah the free transfers they gave were just to the next expansion, unless you mean the transfers from overpopulated ones.

I’m asking about the completely fresh servers where everyone starts at level one and transfers are locked.

It wouldn’t make much sense to have the xp buff turned on without the fresh servers opened up but I guess they could realistically. Because imo a lot of people are rerolling on these servers so you would think allowing them some time to level on them and get ready for wotlk would make the most sense. I’ll look it up

YAY! 50% faster to SL content...

Hard pass.

Small dogshit indie company. What else to say? Why is anyone surprised? Blizzard died back in 2008. Microsoft won't save this company.