Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Visage form ideas for different races

This arts not mine, find on twitter, but it’s to good to not share. The Artist: Allisera https://mobile.twitter.com/LochTessArt

“I think players would want to be able to choose what race (from most races, if not all) as a visage form for their Dracthyr in DF, including what has already been given to us.“

I hope you guys enjoy just like I did. I get more hype from this artis towards the new race then the ones in current alpha.

Surely it can't be that difficult to fit the hairstyles and horns to the other races, the only complications I can see are the beastial races but for all of the races with normal human shaped heads it seems like its just lazy not to. The skin colors and scales should be even easier. I really wanted a female Drakthry but the human female model is just hideous and its animations are crap. And then it also has hilariously oversized weapons that make zero sense. They should have chosen the night elf female body if they are going to force us to use one model. At least they have proper weapon sizes and better animations.

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    Surely it can't be that difficult to fit the hairstyles and horns to the other races, the only complications I can see are the beastial races but for all of the races with normal human shaped heads it seems like its just lazy not to. The skin colors and scales should be even easier. I really wanted a female Drakthry but the human female model is just hideous and its animations are crap. And then it also has hilariously oversized weapons that make zero sense. They should have chosen the night elf female body if they are going to force us to use one model. At least they have proper weapon sizes and better animations.
    I agree with you, the human female model just No for me, but look at this:

Just marvelous.

I mean, this looks great. Really would like to see Draenei, please :3

But I would be against giving option to pick Tauren visage and chose Alliance or pick Dwarf and choose Horde at the same time, if an option like this would be a thing. And please no Mechagnome visages :P

And normally I am fine with what we have now as well. For me it is enough, but more options are always welcome.

Those are all infinitely better than what we're actually getting.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

This is where my heart lies..

I know I wont get it but we can only wish right?!

These are incredibly bad.

There is no way to mix skin and scale and have it not be awful.

The visage form is a betrayal of the class' core premise and must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post

Any mix can be made to look good, from an art perspective.
    problem with blizzards fix is just that all they do is fade between 2 types of textures, which makes it look like tattoos.
    They should make it so it looks like the scales are coming out of the skin. They need some skin folds and depth.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    This is where my heart lies..

I know I wont get it but we can only wish right?!
    Hope is still there, I think you not ask much with this options.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by i3ackero View Post
    I mean, this looks great. Really would like to see Draenei, please :3

But I would be against giving option to pick Tauren visage and chose Alliance or pick Dwarf and choose Horde at the same time, if an option like this would be a thing. And please no Mechagnome visages :P

And normally I am fine with what we have now as well. For me it is enough, but more options are always welcome.
    I’m with you, we can hope for more options.

When they announced the Dracthyr I had really hoped that we would get more races for the visages hence why I saved the name kazukusan(hearthstone card) hoping that trolls would be included. More options is usually always better for customization!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    When they announced the Dracthyr I had really hoped that we would get more races for the visages hence why I saved the name kazukusan(hearthstone card) hoping that trolls would be included.
    But they announced Dracthyr and showed visage forms at the same day. It was known back then how they look like and that there were no trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Any mix can be made to look good, from an art perspective.
    problem with blizzards fix is just that all they do is fade between 2 types of textures, which makes it look like tattoos.
    They should make it so it looks like the scales are coming out of the skin. They need some skin folds and depth.
    Not in this case, no. Countless people have drawn such characters, and they are all hideous. No exceptions.

I think this first to, but they are not that bad and the Blizz decide to use the visage form like that. So we can't fight for take them away, but we can ask and hope for more option like this above.

- - - Updated - - -

Not in this case, no. Countless people have drawn such characters, and they are all hideous. No exceptions.
    Don’t be to negative, open your mind a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    If that's what u like, I'm with u

Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    I think this first to, but they are not that bad and the Blizz decide to use the visage form like that. So we can't fight for take them away, but we can ask and hope for more option like this above.
    I intend to fight you and Blizz both every inch of the way, no matter how lost a cause it may be.

Alas, tasteless fools with no sense of aesthetic style are apparently an unstoppable tide these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    -snip-
    Begone, spawn of darkness!

7+ Year Old Account
    The night elf visage forms look GORGEOUS! Hopefully Blizzard does eventually expand the visage options to other races!

These are really good indeed, however I'm afraid its way too much effort to ask for.

It would greatly increase my interest in evokers though so fingers crossed.

I intend to fight you and Blizz both every inch of the way, no matter how lost a cause it may be.
    Fight? Like with 2 comment on a fan forum? Do that if u wish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SynDethroc View Post
    The night elf visage forms look GORGEOUS! Hopefully Blizzard does eventually expand the visage options to other races!
    Yes hope so. Yeah the night elf ones are perfect and even without the horns they can look like naga visage form or something like that

Those elf visages look stunning, especially the female Night Elf one.