Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Netherwing is an offshoot of the Black Dragonflight, but they are their own thing.

That said, I don't expect any Nether Dragons to show up. Blizz has so completely neglected them that wouldn't be surprising that they forgot their existence for the literal Dragon expansion.
    There's absolutely no reason why as Azeroth was never their home. Their story was pretty much finished once we liberated them. But hey let's keep that misguided hate going.

Man its nice to see lore I recognise as Warcraft back. So keen.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well that is some elementary-grade dialogue writing, holy smokes.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Lplatehealer View Post
    cheers for the spoiler tag

Mod Edit: Don't quote a giant post for a one-line reply.
    was accidental. Did not even realize. No need to have a dig.

Avatar and Sig by Serryn. Amazing TY

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    This would be pretty left field for sabellian to pop out of nowhere, so they will probably have some build up to him showing up or we go find him.

Hopefully there may be tidbits of info explaining that because he was in outland for so long the whispers of the old gods were gone along with their death in BFA.
    Suppose its good we delt with the Arakkoa trying to summon an old god in shadowmoon.

He always did seem to be more "friendly" then typical black dragons and even stating Rexxar was a friend.

Ohh i hope that they put a line of text somewhere of them Recognizing the player if they did his quests in outland for killing gruuls sons
    That last portion, they did that for Vashj so I am almost sure they'll do it for Sabellian. He's already a bit of a supposed afterthought, being from TBC and having very little actual relevance since then. So them thinking of him for this expansion is still very surprising to me. That means, they probably haven't forgotten him being known to the player character, especially the long time player or anyone going through Outland on the Chromie Time.
    Last edited by Dismayxz; 2022-07-19 at 04:34 AM.

I don't know if Blizzard would actually let the players choose who actually leads the Black Dragonflight, but the idea that it would mean mortals simply picking their Aspect in lore is a big assumption in itself. It'd make far more sense for you to build reputation by helping them build influence so they're chosen in the end. In other words, they shouldn't be chosen by the players directly, storywise, but whoever gets the most help from players will end up winning the conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    You know, here's a proper tinfoil—what if the reason for the schism is to make the Black Dragonflight split between an Alliance- and Horde-sympathetic leader? Admittedly, we've no reason to believe that Sabellian has any sympathy for the Horde, but we do know that Wrathion has strong Alliance sympathies, or at least prefers them somewhat. This was a long time ago, too, so this all has very iffy grounding, but it's just tickling my fancy. It's a very terrible idea and makes little sense, but I simply had to express that it was there.
    Actually, his dialogue is friendlier towards the Horde back in BC. He considers Rexxar a trusted friend and is relatively nice to the Horde players he sends, but mocks the local Alliance leaders and acts like they're begging for his help. The only Alliance character he comes to respect is you.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    There is going to be an "evil" dragonflight. They are elemental protodrakes called primalists or something. There's only 4 though.
    There's 5 if you count Galakrond, their leader. Unlike the others, he's already dead, but from what we've seen so far, I suspect he'll return somehow as the main antagonist for the expansion. Judging from previous descriptions, he was probably the Primal Incarnate of Decay, which leaves only Spirit as the unrepresented element.

Sabellian could very much NOT be back any earlier. By moving to Outland, Sabellian and any eggs born there were removed from the influence of the Old Gods. To return before the fall of N'zoth would have simply corrupted him again and doomed the eggs. Unlike Ebyssian and Wrathion he just did not have the luxury of being severed from the whispers. Unlike Wrathion he is a mature dragon capable of strategy; for all the emotional connection players have with Wrathion given we've been around for all his character development, most of his plans have backfired spectacularly. Sure he helped save Azeroth from the old gods but he also helped set up TWO invasions of Azeroth by messing with Draenor (though our character is the one most to blame for the Legion invasion). Meanwhile Ebyssian never was interested in leadership or on the affairs of the planet even though he has been around for ages (and would have been able to take the Earthwarder's mantle during Cataclysm instead of Thrall).

Also I think the Dragonflights would be better off spreading the power instead of investing so much into the Aspects anyway. Sure, have a leader but as a first among equals thing instead of an absolute monarch.

If they left it to a vote from the players it's gonna be Wrathion lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    And there’s a suspicious white banner alongside the other 5 in the Aspects meeting hall.
    That is the banner for the zone faction, all of the five flights. It is white cloth with red, green, blue, bronze and black gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

1. No, they can't. I already stated I reject that premise.

2. And again, the question was asked in the context of the expansion, in which we work alongside the dragonflights, and not fight against them, so there is no "forcing" anything.
    1. Do you struggle with the concept of debate? Because this is literally what we were debating. I think they can (based in lore) you think they can't because (????).

2. Yes which is why I phrased it as a hypothetical not a prediction.... If you don't want to argue about a hypothetical then don't engage with hypothetical. I'm not making you reply. You don't want to have "who would win Goku or Superman" discussion, cool. But don't Engage with it then complain it meaningless later on....

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I had to giggle a little bit at the folks who don't know Sabellian is. I guess he got tired of sitting on his ass in Outland.
    I think it was finally safe to leave Outland because N'zoth got killed.

Btw while Sabellian himself did not show up till now, another dragon of Blade's Edge did. Obsidia returned to Azeroth and was said to be the last black broodmother before Alex had us kill her in Cata. I do wonder if Insidion, Rivendark and Furywing will come alongside Sabellian (Furywing could be a new broodmother).
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-07-19 at 10:52 AM.

All the people arguing that it's ridiculous that Mortals would vote on the Black flight's leader, or what we would force them to choose one - wouldn't iot make much more sense for us to just help the one we would want? Approach the dragon you want to help, they beckon us over and "Hey, want to help me with a job or two? I need to look more impressive than [other dragon] and I could use our help with a few little tasks." Then just have whichever dragon had the most quests done in support 'wins'.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    And there’s a suspicious white banner alongside the other 5 in the Aspects meeting hall.
    The long ignored Albino Dragonflight returns!

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    There's absolutely no reason why as Azeroth was never their home. Their story was pretty much finished once we liberated them. But hey let's keep that misguided hate going.
    Wasn't there something said about them being unstable on Azeroth/away from the Nether energies of Outland? Or did that get retconned somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    I don't know if Blizzard would actually let the players choose who actually leads the Black Dragonflight, but the idea that it would mean mortals simply picking their Aspect in lore is a big assumption in itself. It'd make far more sense for you to build reputation by helping them build influence so they're chosen in the end. In other words, they shouldn't be chosen by the players directly, storywise, but whoever gets the most help from players will end up winning the conflict.

Actually, his dialogue is friendlier towards the Horde back in BC. He considers Rexxar a trusted friend and is relatively nice to the Horde players he sends, but mocks the local Alliance leaders and acts like they're begging for his help. The only Alliance character he comes to respect is you.

There's 5 if you count Galakrond, their leader. Unlike the others, he's already dead, but from what we've seen so far, I suspect he'll return somehow as the main antagonist for the expansion. Judging from previous descriptions, he was probably the Primal Incarnate of Decay, which leaves only Spirit as the unrepresented element.
    it could be only for dracthyr in theory the dracthyr are part of black dragonflight

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    Ah, so that idea's less tinfoil. The more I hear about this, the more I feel like Sabby's going to be Horde-sympathetic and Wrathion Alliance-sympathetic. I'm not sure if they're trying to explicitly divide the support of the Black Dragonflight (perhaps it will allow the Dracthyr to be fully integrated into their chosen factions instead of just being auxiliaries following a particular expedition?) or simply to create a slight skew in favor of one faction over the other, but it seems like this is building up to something along those lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    1. Do you struggle with the concept of debate? Because this is literally what we were debating.
    It's what you are debating. I already pointed out that I reject that premise and it's not what I want to discuss. Find someone else who is interested in that topic if you want to discuss that.

2. Yes which is why I phrased it as a hypothetical not a prediction.... If you don't want to argue about a hypothetical then don't engage with hypothetical.
    I'm not engaging with it. I keep saying I don't care for it, yet you insist on bringing it up and trying to make the conversation about it every time.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Knowing blizzard they'll just go with Wrathion because hes more well known. There is also a good chance that he is corrupted.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

hopefully we will see some interactions between Sabellian and Samia Inkling
    Samia Inkling says: Hi there, cutey! Do me a favor... ask the Baron what he wants me to do about you know what.

Baron Sablemane says: Tell her that I don't want to be connected with it at this time. The Cenarion Expedition should be more than happy to rid themselves of them.

Samia Inking says: Deal with them? How am I supposed to deal with them?

Samia Inkling says: What does the baron want?

Samia Inkling says: Has he found the one, yet?

Baron Sablemane says: No. Inform her that I'm still searching for the prophesied one that is to assist me in the battle. There are very few promising candidates.

Samia Inkling says: Tell him that they have refused his "offer".

Baron Sablemane says: Very well, but make certain she knows that the blackwhelps are to be captured first.

Samia Inkling says: Ask him how he wants to proceed, then come right back!

Baron Sablemane says: Tell her to use the druids for that!

Samia Inkling says: Tell him our Cenarion friends have been most helpful.

Baron Sablemane says: Hello, little one. What news do you bring?

Baron Sablemane says: Must I tell her every little thing to do? I have larger issues of my own to deal with here.

Samia Inkling says: Deal with them? How am I supposed to deal with them?

Baron Sablemane says: If they will not bend knee, then she is to see to it that they are destroyed!

I hope to see the little baby as an adult dragon now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post

Btw while Sabellian himself did not show up till now, another dragon of Blade's Edge did. Obsidia returned to Azeroth and was said to be the last black broodmother before Alex had us kill her in Cata. I do wonder if Insidion, Rivendark and Furywing will come alongside Sabellian (Furywing could be a new broodmother).
    This could get way more interesting if Furywing turns out to be the new broodmother, I wonder what Ebonhorn got to say about this and I wonder if he's gonna backpaddle away from the Horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    Isn't also a plot from the old soldier cinematic with thrall that outland is dying out? like the planet is slowly undoing, makes sense why the black dragons there would go to azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    This could get way more interesting if Furywing turns out to be the new broodmother, I wonder what Ebonhorn got to say about this and I wonder if he's gonna backpaddle away from the Horde.
    Since Furywing and the other brooding Black dragons in Ogri'la (Insidia, Obsidia, and Rivendark) were all the targets of a quest to kill and acquire their teeth, it's likely all four are considered canonically dead. The only remaining living members of the Black Dragonflight I can think of would be Wrathion, Sabellian, Serinar (whose whereabouts are currently unknown), Ebyssian, and possibly Nihil (who is permanently banished to an extradimensional realm from which he cannot return).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead