Thread: Genshin Impact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Thank you this will help!
    And yeah I got bad luck. I don't want to spend money, so the only characters I got so far via wishes are (obvi Noel), Barbara who I think I can get for free anyways?, Mona, Xinyan, and Ningguang. So maybe the only 'good' one is Mona but I'm still in the prologue so at least I'm not feeling 'weak' or undertuned
    Don't let anyone fool you. Xinyan is solid physical dps. Granted having C6 really makes a difference, but she can be useful, especially with a limited roster for a new player. Plus she's claymore AND pyro, which comes in handy traveling about. If you don't mind rolling on the current character banner, I also stand by Thoma as a solid shielder. His ult does a lot of good. Heizou is new and I'm still building him so no opinions yet. Ningguang is useful in many ways, but I've never been able to get her as good a dps as she supposedly is. You still have a lot to do, quests, events, etc, so you'll build up plenty of wishes early on.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Don't let anyone fool you. Xinyan is solid physical dps. Granted having C6 really makes a difference, but she can be useful, especially with a limited roster for a new player. Plus she's claymore AND pyro, which comes in handy traveling about. If you don't mind rolling on the current character banner, I also stand by Thoma as a solid shielder. His ult does a lot of good. Heizou is new and I'm still building him so no opinions yet. Ningguang is useful in many ways, but I've never been able to get her as good a dps as she supposedly is. You still have a lot to do, quests, events, etc, so you'll build up plenty of wishes early on.
    I'm so early in literally anything is fine and naturally Noel is my favorite since she can shield, heal herself, and my party. Tbh she nearly plays like a tank pali lol
    Very helpful when learning and taking ridiculous unnecessary damage because I don't know controls and all the typing combos
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Man, I hate Kazuha, this character is so unappealing to me. We get it already, he likes poetry and has a sad past, no need to make every second event about him and force us to reexplore his sad past with 0 new twists when they're supposed to be about other characters. Every time Fischl appears it's gold, every time Kazuha appears it's so damn boring and repetitive. His story has been done and dusted since Baedou event at the latest, get him out of the events already.

I'm not even touching his story quest because I already know it's going to be "boohoo family ruined, here's a poem" chapter 69420.
    I agree that Kazuha isn't the most exciting. I actually thought he had the closest thing to a completed character arc out of everyone after we beat the Shogun but he keeps on coming up. He got an Inazuma quest this patch AND gets to be one of the few on the vacationing trip team AND this vacation somehow shoehorned more about his family background I really don't care about.

Man, I actually like Kazuha as a character, and even I felt like his portion of the event was completely superfluous. Again, he's had multiple resolutions to his character arc at this point, from being able to block the Raiden Shogun's Musou no Hitotachi, to learning about how his clan originally got screwed over during the Irodori festival event. In fact, a big recurring theme with his character is he no longer cares about the past and is trying to leave it behind him; something he reiterated during the Irodori festival. So, having an event where his past gets dragged back up again, and he once more says, "Eh, I've put it all behind me." seems totally unnecessary. Like, the one mildly interesting thing we learned is that he originally tried to revive his clan and eventually gave up, but even that we could have gone without knowing and doesn't really add much to his character since, again, he obviously doesn't really care about it anymore, so why should the audience?

Ah, well. Hopefully the mirages for the remaining characters are more interesting. We haven't seen as much about them so far, at the very least.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just trying to figure out why the queen of summer herself isn't in this event.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sad now:

At least it could be a Keqing.........
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I'm so early in literally anything is fine and naturally Noel is my favorite since she can shield, heal herself, and my party. Tbh she nearly plays like a tank pali lol
    Very helpful when learning and taking ridiculous unnecessary damage because I don't know controls and all the typing combos
    Do yourself a favor and don't put too much attention to people trying to dictate character usefulness to you.

----------

End of the day this is a single-player game, with very limited online or competitive play, which can be completed with pretty much any character as your main (Unless you try to build Barbara into a main DPS you shouldn't have problems with any other chars).

Outside the main glaring issues that are resin system, horrendous RNG artifact system and new-player character lockout, the game is indeed very enjoyable.
    To battle the content drought and resin limitations i've actually revived 2 of my old reroll accounts. (AR31 and AR23 now)

AR31 will be my attempt at maining Thoma and pretty much testing the above "you can make anything work" theory.
    The AR23 account has a Keping, but will be switching over to maining Heizou.

note: on both accounts i'm currently struggling with the new-player char lockout issue described above
    You rolled a new Inazuma char on your 1st rolls? Oh great... now enjoy the next 20 hours of our game not being able to level and play them.

----------
    I'm just trying to figure out why the queen of summer herself isn't in this event.
    She is returning for 2nd half of 2.8...
    Might be showing up in 2 weeks also in the story. I'd take her on a trip instead of Fischl's delusions any day...
    Last edited by Zmagoslav; 2022-07-18 at 08:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noelle was the most useful character when I was getting started. Her kit just plays so well into surviving and learning.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause Mihoyo legitimately hate her. She's shoved in the second banner, between the most anticipated rerun and a brand new element in the next patch.

There'll be dozens of people at most rolling on her banner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Cause Mihoyo legitimately hate her. She's shoved in the second banner, between the most anticipated rerun and a brand new element in the next patch.

And she's worth so much more. Sad that her and Kokomi earned the least out of anyone, since Kokomi also is very underrated.

And she's worth so much more. Sad that her and Kokomi earned the least out of anyone, since Kokomi also is very underrated.
    Mihoyo knows the primary thing that sells are either hot waifus, baller supports (Which never lose value or get power crept), or Damage Per Screenshot characters. Both kokomi and klee miss those marks, even if they can be good otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Mihoyo knows the primary thing that sells are either hot waifus, baller supports (Which never lose value or get power crept), or Damage Per Screenshot characters. Both kokomi and klee miss those marks, even if they can be good otherwise.
    But Kokomi fills two of those...

I guess that would be why Shenhe sold better, despite being the niche-est niche of support.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post

Uhh, it doesn't really matter what banner Klee is on. She's one of, if not the weakest 5* character and only die-hard Klee fans will roll on her anyway. Obviously Mihoyo won't ever make her a primary banner character, they'd have to pair her with Keqing and even then I wouldn't bet on Klee bringing more money. Actually scratch that, Klee's first rerun barely made more money than Childe and less than Keqing, so yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

But Kokomi fills two of those...

I guess that would be why Shenhe sold better, despite being the niche-est niche of support.
    Kokomi was hit pretty hard by the fact that she was released right after most simps spent their allowances on Raiden Shogun; she just couldn't compete there...
    That paired with a community, which resembles a bad-telephone echo-chamber, resulted in her being shafted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Uhh, it doesn't really matter what banner Klee is on. She's one of, if not the weakest 5* character and only die-hard Klee fans will roll on her anyway. Obviously Mihoyo won't ever make her a primary banner character, they'd have to pair her with Keqing and even then I wouldn't bet on Klee bringing more money. Actually scratch that, Klee's first rerun barely made more money than Childe and less than Keqing, so yeah.
    Queen of Summer is Yoimiya my dude. Not Klee.

Guys....i want to cry (TT_TT) someone hug me plz
    SO...
    Ive been rolling on weapon banner for several weeks as completely free to play...weeks of anticipation...for this..
    I got F'ed hard.

I give up...
    Will never roll again on weapon banner as F2P

On a brigther note...i got Heizou with the 10 essence i got from the 5 star weapon (T_T) made me happy

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    SO...
    Ive been rolling on weapon banner for several weeks as completely free to play...weeks of anticipation...for this..
    I got F'ed hard.

I give up...

On a brigther note...i got Heizou with the 10 essence i got from the 5 star weapon (T_T) made me happy
    As far as Skyward weapons go, at least it could be much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    SO...
    I got F'ed hard.

I give up...

I got lost prayer so i can go R1 instead of kazua's sword :hug:
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    I got lost prayer so i can go R1 instead of kazua's sword :hug:
    I highly recommend against refining 5 star weapons until you're absolutely positive you won't want it on someone else ever since weapons are so troll to get and weapon refinement usually doesn't make that much of a difference unless you hard whale them

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    As far as Skyward weapons go, at least it could be much worse.
    I dunno, I think the sword might be the worst of the lot? I suppose Spine is pretty meh, too.

Hard to say, I haven't looked at them in a while. Guess it depends on your characters as well.
    Last edited by Ghost of Cow; 2022-07-19 at 09:56 PM.