Theorycraft: The Smite Healer?

This is just a little Theorycraft of mine:

EDIT: New Talent tree:
    https://www.wowhead.com/beta/talent-...VVURVRJUYIGFBU

My intention of this is following:

This is not a DPS build and i doubt that even with this holy will be a viable DPS alernative. But with the new Profile-System, this might be actually a high dps healer with many Instant-Heals and Holy Words.

My intention: Keeping Holy Word and Renew on as many targets as possible (renew on tank, rest get it throuth PoM), Cast Holy Fire, Fish with Smite for the Surge of Light Procs, using your Holy Words for big heals, then high Flash Heal free instant casts with both SoL and Resonating Words. Since every Holy Word including Chastise, Life and Salvation will Proc RW compared to Cosmic Ripple (that should have quite high uptime to through the many Procs of SoL), the Uptime of it should be quite high thanks to Smites and Holy Fire reducing Chastise's CD with Light of the Naaru.

My issue with the whole build is only one thing: How long is the cast time of Holy Fire? Since it seems, Burning Vehemence will reduce it up to 50%, we would actually have a base holy Fire cast time of 2-3 Seconds. How much damage does Holy Fire deal; since it's no longer instant cast, i really hope the scaling is much better than it is now. If not, the build is DoA

And i really hope blizzard makes this work by overworking this part a bit. They should really make Holy Fire also trigger Surge of Light. With this little change i think this would make this type of Priest that they seems to be pushing work. What they also hopefully consider is that Resonating Words should have 2 Stacks like Surge of Light. Having so many Holy Words up left and right, this will actually be necessary to keep it up.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2022-07-20 at 10:52 AM.

If u are going to use PoM in the rotation, it's a good choice to get the talent that makes PoM reduces HWSerenity cd. Otherwise, just take off that point from benediction and put it on Throes of Pain.

But overall i like the idea of having a dps/holy word focused hpriest, brings some more flavour and utility to a class without dmg reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitt View Post
    If u are going to use PoM in the rotation, it's a good choice to get the talent that makes PoM reduces HWSerenity cd. Otherwise, just take off that point from benediction and put it on Throes of Pain.

But overall i like the idea of having a dps/holy word focused hpriest, brings some more flavour and utility to a class without dmg reduction.
    Yeah, i would love to have the point in here too, but sadly even with the new build that reduced a lot of unnecessary points, i still don't have enough points for Divine Word and the DPS core abilities. And Rune of Fire is more important here than Rune of Mending, since you will cast holy fire a fricking lot and get tons of Holy Words for Resonating Words (that still could use a 2 charge-system)

Sadly you only have 10 Points for the lowest part of the tree.

I had put up a new talent tree, since there were some massive positioning changes; but with the profiles, i would have 2 trees, the one above and one without leap and improved Holy Nova and go down to twins of the sun priestess.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2022-07-20 at 10:56 AM.