Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I mean that isn't always the case. I feel like there isn't a lot of relevant stuff to do just because I don't have the time / patience (reasons I don't want to get into) to deal with pug raids. I do dungeons, finish storylines, go collecting, etc. Just because I do a lot of everything and such doesn't mean that I feel like it is relevant content to current patch/expansion. Are you saying because I feel the same way as the person who was ousted mean that my opinion doesn't matter?
    No, that isnt what i mean, i mean people need to accept that they are playing the wrong game and be done with it, that poster is an outlier obviously, but that thing reached pages of pages of people agreeing and screaming for the CM to get fired for pointing out that

"Dude, you played 4% of the content, what can we possibly add when you dont even play the game".

I couldnt care less about BGs or Arena content, i dont care about PvP gear, i outgrew that, its a waste of time, i literally min/max my time, i refuse to do pointless dumb stuff like +20s, do i do them because we pushed the key or w/e? I have done multiple times, but when my friends ask me to do all of them, i tell them to fuck off cause i dont care about it, i wanna play other games, i am just doing my weekly +15-20 whatever key we have, maybe 2-3 more to help the friends and our alts, but i aint doing that pointless shit.

I dont come on mmo-champion asking for more things because i dont care about a whole concept of the game when its there and i refuse to do it (the PvP part).

And that is the difference, when i am done with the things I WANNA DO, i stop playing, my guildies unsub and return for the patch etc, we dont go screaming about it on mmo-champion.
    Last edited by potis; 2022-07-20 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    And that is the difference, when i am done with the things I WANNA DO, i stop playing, my guildies unsub and return for the patch etc, we dont go screaming about it on mmo-champion.
    It's not that they are screaming about it. They are simply saying what they'd like to see. If no one speaks out then the devs don't know if they should add more, change plans, etc. Sure there are outliers like that one guy who barely touches anything and complains, but there are also a lot of people who enjoy the game but would like to see more aspects expanded on or something further added.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It's not that they are screaming about it. They are simply saying what they'd like to see. If no one speaks out then the devs don't know if they should add more, change plans, etc. Sure there are outliers like that one guy who barely touches anything and complains, but there are also a lot of people who enjoy the game but would like to see more aspects expanded on or something further added.
    But they are.

I am not declining a legit discussion about things and what can be changed, i am declining to accept the opinion of people that dont qualify to hold it after they expose themselves or because they are/have

1))Incapable of discussion, they just want echo chamber acceptance
    2)Lack of game knowledge to qualify to discuss the game.

Most people fall into category 1, what is the point discussing for the 100th time with someone that doesnt want a different perspective but all he cares about is to get validation, even if he is wrong?

I mean, i tried, the decent way, the more pushy way, it doesnt matter, some people on here are incapable of discussion.

No, you wont get Mythic gear from your World Quest, no you wont get full BiS in 1 month cause you dont wanna play WoW a second month. etc.
    Last edited by potis; 2022-07-20 at 01:03 PM.

No, that isnt what i mean, i mean people need to accept that they are playing the wrong game and be done with it, that poster is an outlier obviously, but that thing reached pages of pages of people agreeing and screaming for the CM to get fired for pointing out that

"Dude, you played 4% of the content, what can we possibly add when you dont even play the game".

I couldnt care less about BGs or Arena content, i dont care about PvP gear, i outgrew that, its a waste of time, i literally min/max my time, i refuse to do pointless dumb stuff like +20s, do i do them because we pushed the key or w/e? I have done multiple times, but when my friends ask me to do all of them, i tell them to fuck off cause i dont care about it, i wanna play other games, i am just doing my weekly +15-20 whatever key we have, maybe 2-3 more to help the friends and our alts, but i aint doing that pointless shit.

I dont come on mmo-champion asking for more things because i dont care about a whole concept of the game when its there and i refuse to do it (the PvP part).

You're right. We must never criticize Blizzard, they always knows best and exactly what we want and need. Pathetic...

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    For me, the "casual" vs. "hardcore" distinction isn't really delineated by content options in WoW, but rather by one's playstyle. The hardcore playstyle is more defined by hierarchical and scheduled play, especially progression-oriented play, which more often than not requires a degree of commitment to playing the game in intervals set by a group (scheduled raid days, scheduled M+ times, etc.) The schedule can vary from group to group and player to player, but there's always a sense of regimented play and a sense of duty and obligation that accompanies that. Casual, by contrast, is non-committed and non-regimented play where the player can play the game in spates or intervals of their own devising, often taking long stretches "off" to play other games or indulge in other hobbies, etc. The level of play for a casual player can vary depending on their free time, but the key point is that play is uncoupled from regimented goals or required commitments, and they'll pursue goals haphazardly on their own time, and if they do indulge in group play like raiding or M+ it'll be on an entirely ad hoc basis, scanning for groups in the various queues as opposed to integrating with a guild or the equivalent.

That's the main difference to me, less about the content you play and more about the manner in which you approach play in general. You can approach pretty much any content in WoW with a hardcore vs. casual modality, depending on your group, time commitment, or lack thereof. A casual could play WoW daily, and a hardcore player only log on once a week, in some cases - although the general trend is still that your hardcore player is probably going to log more hours played than a casual player as a matter of course.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I'm saying start the group instead of trying to join one.
    I always had no troubles when i started my own and wrote "help me gear this alt" in the notes.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I always had no troubles when i started my own and wrote "help me gear this alt" in the notes.
    Exactly. Even without a note, its usually easy to get your own key going unless its jist a very unpopular key and range. Like a 13 SD during off hours lol.

So many ppl don't want to put any effort into starting a group and so filling your own is easy. Ppl act like its too much work but then go and refresh and apply and cancel and refresh for 30 mins.

I am not declining a legit discussion about things and what can be changed, i am declining to accept the opinion of people that dont qualify to hold it after they expose themselves or because they are/have
    How about you refrain from determining whether the opinions of others about what the game should be like are legitimate or not. You don't get to make that determination, and you don't get to shut them up either.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    How about you refrain from determining whether the opinions of others about what the game should be like are legitimate or not. You don't get to make that determination, and you don't get to shut them up either.
    I respect everyones opinion until they expose themseleves.

There are also reasons why my opinion is better than yours but i cant be bothered going into it further, cause you wont accept it either way, cause as i said, you are an echo chamberer.

I will simply state this, if my ex-gf that loses her mouse and turns the camera to the cieling when dodging mechanics while squealing at random times in panic about it, can get AOTC, without dying as often as others, and do a 70-80% log at times, and you cant, there is nothing to discuss with you about the game and many others, i know a guy that doesnt have fingers and only has a tiny knuckle of his thumb part that could reach 2000 rating (nothing special, but better than average) and clear HC raids back in Cata and dozens, hundred other examples, its a perk when you have friends and a net cafe culture country and you dont live in the middle of nowhere while also working IT, aka meeting even more and more clueless people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    You're right. We must never criticize Blizzard, they always knows best and exactly what we want and need. Pathetic...
    Not sure where my example states that, but i have seen your posts and you arent worth discussing with, apologies.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. Even without a note, its usually easy to get your own key going unless its jist a very unpopular key and range. Like a 13 SD during off hours lol.

So many ppl don't want to put any effort into starting a group and so filling your own is easy. Ppl act like its too much work but then go and refresh and apply and cancel and refresh for 30 mins.
    Because it requires responsibility toward other human beings, it also requires knowledge of what you averagely want etc etc.

That stuff is scary man, imagine playing an online massively multiplayer game and expecting to INTERACT WITH OTHERS.

"DO YOU EXPECT ME TO KNOW THAT THE VENTHYR DUNGEON IS EASIER IF YOU GET A VENTHYR, WHAT IS THIS AM I GETTING PAID FOR THIS? THIS IS A GAME I PAY, GIVE ME ITEMS".
    Last edited by potis; 2022-07-20 at 01:28 PM.

The note is just icincg on the cake. Plenty of high ilvl folls who just want quick valor that basically carrie me through low level ones and give me a nice boost to the score.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I respect everyones opinion until they expose themseleves.

There are also reasons why my opinion is better than yours but i cant be bothered going into it further, cause you wont accept it either way, cause as i said, you are an echo chamberer.

I will simply state this, if my ex-gf that loses her mouse and turns the camera to the cieling when dodging mechanics while squealing at random times in panic about it, can get AOTC, without dying as often as others, and do a 70-80% log at times, and you cant, there is nothing to discuss with you about the game and many others, i know a guy that doesnt have fingers and only has a tiny knuckle of his thumb part that could reach 2000 rating (nothing special, but better than average) and clear HC raids back in Cata and dozens, hundred other examples, its a perk when you have friends and a net cafe culture country and you dont live in the middle of nowhere while also working IT, aka meeting even more and more clueless people.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure where my example states that, but i have seen your posts and you arent worth discussing with, apologies.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it requires responsibility toward other human beings, it also requires knowledge of what you averagely want etc etc.

That stuff is scary man, imagine playing an online massively multiplayer game and expecting to INTERACT WITH OTHERS.

"DO YOU EXPECT ME TO KNOW THAT THE VENTHYR DUNGEON IS EASIER IF YOU GET A VENTHYR, WHAT IS THIS AM I GETTING PAID FOR THIS? THIS IS A GAME I PAY, GIVE ME ITEMS".
    Exactly. Not even needed either for 95% of the keys. Get any tank, any healer, any 3 dps and u can do 15s. I look for lust and battle rez if I can to make it easier but def not needed. Never bothered seeking out the cov for a 15 either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    The note is just icincg on the cake. Plenty of high ilvl folls who just want quick valor that basically carrie me through low level ones and give me a nice boost to the score.
    Yup. Super easy ever since the valor cap removal. Tier and double lego basically carry as well.

But they are.

1))Incapable of discussion, they just want echo chamber acceptance
    2)Lack of game knowledge to qualify to discuss the game.

Most people fall into category 1, what is the point discussing for the 100th time with someone that doesnt want a different perspective but all he cares about is to get validation, even if he is wrong?

I mean, i tried, the decent way, the more pushy way, it doesnt matter, some people on here are incapable of discussion.

No, you wont get Mythic gear from your World Quest, no you wont get full BiS in 1 month cause you dont wanna play WoW a second month. etc.
    You don't get to decide who gets to have an opinion on something like this or not, it's a video game, not some kind of field study where so-called expert opinions are needed. If someone didn't participate in EVERYTHING there's probably a reason, and those reasons are just as valid as your own. Granted, I understand why taking someone who did like 2 out of 10 things saying "there's nothing to do" seriously is difficult, but there's a reason they're saying that and it typically is because the other 8 things don't interest them at all...which is a valid opinion to have.

Shadowlands has been some of the most un-fun content I've ever experienced in WoW. Ion hit it on the head in the recent interview saying that moving forward they don't want there to be a checklist of things to do every day to stay current/ up to date on stuff. Couple that feeling with the structure of the expansion world and it felt like a lobby game where you just went about checking tasks off a list every day.

I leveled several characters through the story, raided LFR and Normal Castle Nathria, LFR only of Sanctum and not even all of it and none of Sepulcher (because I don't have a character that even meets the minimum item level requirement to enter LFR) did several Heroic dungeons (a LOT) and more than a few Mythic+ dungeons of which I got carried through from my guild because I couldn't find or even create a group to do them within the time slots I could actually play (and I got that on an alt I didn't even care about for the most part). And fuck farming dungeons for gear over and over and over to make the item level requirements. Yes, having a guild helps and can get you the gear, but not everyone has one on the character they want to play, PuGs are unreliable and sporadic, and LFG dungeons give shit gear with low drop chances (I went 5 dungeons in a row without getting a single upgrade).

Logging in and playing felt like a chore. Exploring didn't feel rewarding because of how each zone was structured, world quests felt worthless or like uninspired filler content you walked/flew through unless you were on a quest that required you to do them, Covenants felt like a daily chore list on top of their weekly chore list, Torghast was cool, but felt unrewarding or pointless unless you spent enough time there (which I didn't have or WANT to spend), the Maw felt awful with the daily quests with the restrictions you had there where you literally couldn't go back or participate in it if you were too active there for too long, Korthia and Zereth Mortis also felt mostly unrewarding and like a chore. I love story and lore, and even I couldn't be arsed to slog through the story of those zones because it felt so terrible.

WotLK, MoP and Legion are my top three expansions as far as how fun it was to play and keeping me engaged long term. Shadowlands, BfA and WoD are the worst....with Shadowlands being at the bottom of that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    WotLK, MoP and Legion are my top three expansions as far as how fun it was to play and keeping me engaged long term. Shadowlands, BfA and WoD are the worst....with Shadowlands being at the bottom of that list.
    Yeah i dont understand how you expect me to respond when you describe different things.

What made you feel obligated to do the SL things, that you didnt feel obligated to do in Legion?

For me Legion was a shitshow where i was forced to play daily to keep my character up to par compared to SL where i only had to play Wednesday for 1 hour to do the same keeping up, maybe you enjoyed being useless because you dont care about it?

MoP and its 20 dailies per day? Or its "Collect these fragments at a slower pace for weeks to get your legendary cloak MAKE SURE TO RAID MY GUY"?

And many similar things.

So what is it exactly that you think its different, the fact you didnt understand that everything you said always existed but you just dont care enough, but with SL you were semi-exposed to the reality of the situation and remembered "Hey, this annoys me"?

This is Legion Illidan questline all over "HERE, COLLECT THESE RETARDED THINGS FOR 6 WEEKS TO PROGRESS, OH YOU ARE FORCED TO RAID to do this", versus "Just log on Wednesday, questline unlocks itself over 6 weeks".

"OMG, TIMEGATING BLIZZARD TO PAY A SUB".

I am not saying your feelings are invalidated but are you sure its not that, feelings and not actual data?
    Last edited by potis; 2022-07-20 at 02:11 PM.

Yeah i dont understand how you expect me to respond when you describe different things.

What made you feel obligated to do the SL things, that you didnt feel obligated to do in Legion?
    That's the thing, I didn't feel obligated to in Legion, I did in SL. The Class Halls in Legion felt fine to me, with the quests all leading me to content I was planning on doing anyway so I never felt forced or obligated to do anything. In SL, I hated the Maw, and World Quests felt pointless (unlike in Legion) so doing the set of tasks felt like a chore rather than something I was going to do anyway.

For me Legion was a shitshow where i was forced to play daily to keep my character up to par compared to SL where i only had to play Wednesday for 1 hour to do the same keeping up, maybe you enjoyed being useless because you dont care about it?
    You're equating Mythic raid ready with usefulness. Raiding is not the end all be all for everyone. My experience is very different with the two, where I felt like I could remain "good enough" in Legion playing minimally vs feeling like I had to log-in every day on SL to get the same result.

MoP and its 20 dailies per day? Or its "Collect these fragments at a slower pace for weeks to get your legendary cloak MAKE SURE TO RAID MY GUY"?

And many similar things.
    MoP had a lot of dailies, yes, but I never felt required to do them for the most part it was always a choice. SL the dailies didn't feel like a choice because they were directly tied to your player power and my ability to see the rest of the game, at least at first anyway. Being certain Covenant ranks was a requirement for unlocking certain content when it was first released.

So what is it exactly that you think its different, the fact you didnt understand that everything you said always existed but you just dont care enough, but with SL you were semi-exposed to the reality of the situation and remembered "Hey, this annoys me"?
    What "reality of the situation" are you talking about?

This is Legion Illidan questline all over "HERE, COLLECT THESE RETARDED THINGS FOR 6 WEEKS TO PROGRESS, OH YOU ARE FORCED TO RAID to do this", versus "Just log on Wednesday, questline unlocks itself over 6 weeks".

"OMG, TIMEGATING BLIZZARD TO PAY A SUB".

I am not saying your feelings are invalidated but are you sure its not that, feelings and not actual data?
    I'm not going to respond to everything in this...because you're simply not worth talking to about it. You're not interested in a discussion, apparently just trying to shit on players you don't feel are worthy of commenting because they're not "on your level" or whatever.

This might come as a surprise to someone like you, but the way the game FEELS to play is important. It's one of THE most important things to me personally. I play this game, and any other game, because it's fun, because I want to. It's not a second job. When playing the game starts feeling like a chore, or a second job, because the tasks you need to complete are one's you HAVE to do and not things you WANT to do....it's not fun anymore and I take a break and come back later. The difference with SL from other previous expansions is when I took a break in SL, I felt so far behind when I came back it made the feeling worse. No other expansion has felt like that before.

I'm not going to respond to everything in this...because you're simply not worth talking to about it. You're not interested in a discussion, apparently just trying to shit on players you don't feel are worthy of commenting because they're not "on your level" or whatever.

This might come as a surprise to someone like you, but the way the game FEELS to play is important. It's one of THE most important things to me personally. I play this game, and any other game, because it's fun, because I want to. It's not a second job. When playing the game starts feeling like a chore, or a second job, because the tasks you need to complete are one's you HAVE to do and not things you WANT to do....it's not fun anymore and I take a break and come back later. The difference with SL from other previous expansions is when I took a break in SL, I felt so far behind when I came back it made the feeling worse. No other expansion has felt like that before.
    I ignored the part where your gaming experience is LFR, and i answered you seriously, you repeated with a wrong answer that shows how your knowledge of the game is terrible and you got annoyed in the end instead, especially the World Quest part.

That disgusting feature was fresh in Legion, its your nostalgia speaking and its dailies in another form, OMG, WHAT AMAZING LEGION CONTENT, and go figure, 6 years after the same exact feature doesnt impress you in SL, i guess killing 10 demons is more fun than killing 10 maw demons or something.

You lost this argument to "Covenant dailies being mandatory" what dailies my man? How come i havent done anything like that ever in SL? Are you complaining for the "Collect 1000 anima" weekly that takes 20mins per week along with the weekly world boss, which where obviously tied together so it takes minutes to complete?

Or did Zereth Mortis dailies that you dont have to do at all to get the freebie legendary was the problem? What part was mandatory?

This is exactly what i mean, what on earth are you even talking about? Are you playing a different game that i dont know about and confused and logged onto the WoW discussion?

What mandatory thing did you, a casual player that obviously said you dont care about your character by claiming Legion was a fun experience, and then proceed to claim only Mythic Players care about that, decide my bro, is it whatever fits you ?

Are we gonna have that discussion, that your view of the game is the casual, and everyone else must by a Mythic Raider if they care about their character?

Or, following the facts, you had a useless character in Legion, you have a useless character in SL, but because of the game design, you were 90% useless in Legion, you are 50% useless in SL and somehow that is bad, because you feel it was any different?
    Last edited by potis; 2022-07-20 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    For me, the "casual" vs. "hardcore" distinction isn't really delineated by content options in WoW, but rather by one's playstyle. The hardcore playstyle is more defined by hierarchical and scheduled play, especially progression-oriented play, which more often than not requires a degree of commitment to playing the game in intervals set by a group (scheduled raid days, scheduled M+ times, etc.) The schedule can vary from group to group and player to player, but there's always a sense of regimented play and a sense of duty and obligation that accompanies that. Casual, by contrast, is non-committed and non-regimented play where the player can play the game in spates or intervals of their own devising, often taking long stretches "off" to play other games or indulge in other hobbies, etc. The level of play for a casual player can vary depending on their free time, but the key point is that play is uncoupled from regimented goals or required commitments, and they'll pursue goals haphazardly on their own time, and if they do indulge in group play like raiding or M+ it'll be on an entirely ad hoc basis, scanning for groups in the various queues as opposed to integrating with a guild or the equivalent.

That's the main difference to me, less about the content you play and more about the manner in which you approach play in general. You can approach pretty much any content in WoW with a hardcore vs. casual modality, depending on your group, time commitment, or lack thereof. A casual could play WoW daily, and a hardcore player only log on once a week, in some cases - although the general trend is still that your hardcore player is probably going to log more hours played than a casual player as a matter of course.
    I think that perfectly describes how I'd define casual vs hardcore as well. The distinction for me though is a casual can absolutely be putting more hours in than a hardcore simply by the nature of not "completing the game" for individual patches like a hardcore cutting edge player might in the first 2 months of a patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I think that perfectly describes how I'd define casual vs hardcore as well. The distinction for me though is a casual can absolutely be putting more hours in than a hardcore simply by the nature of not "completing the game" for individual patches like a hardcore cutting edge player might in the first 2 months of a patch.
    Which is whats happening and the complains and the argument between casual and hardcore and how the meme that "Anyone playing less than me is a scrub, anyone more is an elitist".

People refuse to accept that you can achieve some things while barely playing, and it infuriates them when you mention it, because it doesnt fit the narrative of their argument.

That's the thing, I didn't feel obligated to in Legion, I did in SL. The Class Halls in Legion felt fine to me, with the quests all leading me to content I was planning on doing anyway so I never felt forced or obligated to do anything. In SL, I hated the Maw, and World Quests felt pointless (unlike in Legion) so doing the set of tasks felt like a chore rather than something I was going to do anyway.

You're equating Mythic raid ready with usefulness. Raiding is not the end all be all for everyone. My experience is very different with the two, where I felt like I could remain "good enough" in Legion playing minimally vs feeling like I had to log-in every day on SL to get the same result.

MoP had a lot of dailies, yes, but I never felt required to do them for the most part it was always a choice. SL the dailies didn't feel like a choice because they were directly tied to your player power and my ability to see the rest of the game, at least at first anyway. Being certain Covenant ranks was a requirement for unlocking certain content when it was first released.

What "reality of the situation" are you talking about?

This is a complete lie. Shadowlands is far from being a good expansion overall but you were never forced to do any dailies. ESPECIALLY in zereth mortis.
    And yes there are actually worthwhile and non worthwhile opinions on the game whether you like it or not.

Your opinion on the feel of the game is worthwhile when it is shared by the majority of active players.
    The opinion of the guy who participates on 2/10 activities would be worthwhile if the majority of active players also participate primarily on those activities and not the rest. If you have 100 active players and 98 of them participate on all activities with varying participation degrees while 2 of them participate on 2/10 activities and cry about there being nothing to do then their opinion is worthless because the game is not made for what he is looking for and it is pleasing the demographic that it is meant to please. If it isnt pleasing any large demographic then there is a problem.

There is plenty of content for casuals:
    They can do +2 to +4 keys.
    They can run LFR and half of normal.
    They can climb all their way up to 1400.
    They can collect more mounts and pets.

Hours of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    This is a complete lie. Shadowlands is far from being a good expansion overall but you were never forced to do any dailies. ESPECIALLY in zereth mortis.
    It's not a lie.

Maybe it didn't apply to Zereth Mortis, but it applied in everything up until that point.

And again, whether it was literally technically required or not I felt forced to do them because that's how I played the game. I didn't do Mythic+ farming so the dailies are where I got my Covenant Renown.

And yes there are actually worthwhile and non worthwhile opinions on the game whether you like it or not.
    In your opinion....

Your opinion on the feel of the game is worthwhile when it is shared by the majority of active players.
    Majority opinions aren't the only ones that matter, that's not how that works.

The opinion of the guy who participates on 2/10 activities would be worthwhile if the majority of active players also participate primarily on those activities and not the rest. If you have 100 active players and 98 of them participate on all activities with varying participation degrees while 2 of them participate on 2/10 activities and cry about there being nothing to do then their opinion is worthless because the game is not made for what he is looking for and it is pleasing the demographic that it is meant to please. If it isnt pleasing any large demographic then there is a problem.
    Again, this isn't how that works. Majority opinion isn't the only one that matters.

- - - Updated - - -

Or, following the facts, you had a useless character in Legion, you have a useless character in SL, but because of the game design, you were 90% useless in Legion, you are 50% useless in SL and somehow that is bad, because you feel it was any different?
    I'm ignoring the rest.

Yes, it is different.

I played the same way in SL as I did in Legion and I enjoyed myself in Legion, immensely...and am having very little if any fun in SL.

And if you can't understand why, no amount of discussion is going to fix it so it's not worth continuing.