Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Netflix loses 970k subscribers.

https://www.thewrap.com/netflix-q2-e...eport-results/

With baffling decisions like making live-action adaptations of One Piece and Yu Yu Hakusho, I'm not surprised Netflix is bleeding subscribers.

- - - Updated - - -

https://deadline.com/2022/07/netflix...el-1235072665/

Netflix says the binge model is a "significant long-term business advantage".

Netflix is so out of touch, it's hilarious. Imagine if Disney+ dropped all the episodes for a season of The Mandalorian or WandaVision at once.

cant think of a show or movie netflix has put out this year that was good

Wait you telling me works of art like Cuties didn't pull in hundreds of thousands of subs?

It's not really that big a deal in the grand scheme. They actually retained more than expected in Q2.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I doubt the binge model is at fault here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Everyone knows what the issue is, but no one dares say it because it would anger Le Twitters.

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    https://www.thewrap.com/netflix-q2-e...eport-results/

With baffling decisions like making live-action adaptations of One Piece and Yu Yu Hakusho, I'm not surprised Netflix is bleeding subscribers.

- - - Updated - - -

https://deadline.com/2022/07/netflix...el-1235072665/

Netflix says the binge model is a "significant long-term business advantage".

Netflix is so out of touch, it's hilarious. Imagine if Disney+ dropped all the episodes for a season of The Mandalorian or WandaVision at once.
    People just wait and sub to disney+ at the end of a show, they aren't subbed for months while they slowly leak out a finished series. That's if the series is the reason they sub in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Good fk Netflix there are too many streaming services these days anyway cut a few of them down.

- - - Updated - - -

What issue is that? Do ''Le Twitters'' frighten you too much to even say?
    Opinion: Disregarded

Quit netflix when I felt everything is just the same but repackaged.
    Then again I even work with some netflix series so that might exasperate the issue. You can tell when it's a netflix series though. Can't exactly pinpoint what it is...

Forgot...
    The pricing is also a problem.
    They should probably just lower that, they aren't the main source anymore.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-07-20 at 03:47 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Everyone knows what the issue is, but no one dares say it because it would anger Le Twitters.
    It only took two posts for you to be proved right

I think its kind of expected as more and more streaming services gain popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Wait, that's considered a bad thing? Huh?

I remember season 1 of The Boys was released all at once. Season 2 wasn't and people complained at Amazon.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Why would people not dare say that more competitors leads to shows spread out on other platforms and less of a focus on one single streaming service getting all the costumers?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Why would people not dare say that more competitors leads to shows spread out on other platforms and less of a focus on one single streaming service getting all the costumers?
    Because that is not the reason. Dropping regular tv and having 3-4 different streaming services seem to be the mainstream thing for people in my age group(30-40) with decent disposable income.

3+ Year Old Account
    Easy as it may be to pick the low-hanging fruit on this one, the most prominent factor is likely that more and more companies are taking pieces of the pie, and that some people are likely not going to just subscribe to everything, for sake of financial wellness.

Plus, as I understand it, there have been some unpopular changes made to the service in relatively recent times.

They are right that their model is the best. People want to binge all at once. Disney and Amazon drag it out and drip feed you a little at a time to keep you subbed. Netflix also has the best of the best original content. I’m sorry but stranger things and umbrella academy are far better than any Star Wars or marvel crap. Disney hit a home run with mandalorian but everything else has been lackluster. They lose subs because people get bored and there are other options people are curious about. Everyone has a stream platform nowadays.

Oh and the problem nobody wants to mention is that Netflix is woke. They pander to the lgbt community and try to force some fake positive lgbt agenda in their shows.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Good fk Netflix there are too many streaming services these days anyway cut a few of them down.

- - - Updated - - -

What issue is that? Do ''Le Twitters'' frighten you too much to even say?
    I mean I know what he's saying. Not frightened of them, just wouldn't be allowed to post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynicalnerd View Post
    Oh and the problem nobody wants to mention is that Netflix is woke. They pander to the lgbt community and try to force some fake positive lgbt agenda in their shows.
    Amazon and Disney do the same thing.

Since this thread is already trending in the wrong direction, this is closed. If you want, try again, but off-topic discussions of social agendas will not be allowed on this subforum. If you want to discuss those sort of topics - GenOT exists for you.