Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It's not a lie.

Maybe it didn't apply to Zereth Mortis, but it applied in everything up until that point.

And again, whether it was literally technically required or not I felt forced to do them because that's how I played the game. I didn't do Mythic+ farming so the dailies are where I got my Covenant Renown.

In your opinion....

Majority opinions aren't the only ones that matter, that's not how that works.

Again, this isn't how that works. Majority opinion isn't the only one that matters.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm ignoring the rest.

Yes, it is different.

I played the same way in SL as I did in Legion and I enjoyed myself in Legion, immensely...and am having very little if any fun in SL.

And if you can't understand why, no amount of discussion is going to fix it so it's not worth continuing.
    It is becuase you cannot possibly please everyone with a single product which is why you try to please a specific audience. And when the majority of that audience is pleased it is pointless to epxend resources to please outliers that can be pleased elswhere as you are risking losing your main audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    It is becuase you cannot possibly please everyone with a single product which is why you try to please a specific audience. And when the majority of that audience is pleased it is pointless to epxend resources to please outliers that can be pleased elswhere as you are risking losing your main audience.
    That doesn't mean majority opinion is the only one that matters though.

I understand the logistics of only taking action on the more popular ideas so you please the most people, that doesn't mean the minority opinion is worthless or irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Xummy View Post
    Casual players say this game is made for the hardcore.
    Hardcore players say this game is made for the casuals.
    This is what happens when you try to please everyone. You end up pleasing no one. Which is where this game is currently
    This times infinity.

This is why the whole "Elden Ring should have a baked in easy mode" debate existed and why players were heavily against adding it.

If you have a game idea that caters to a specific audience, don't dilute it by trying to draw in more people that are outside of that niche.
    Now, unfortunately, that isn't going to happen because publicly traded companies that make games have a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders to maximize profits so like... Of course they will just try to dilute their product to maximize sales. A 6/10 product that gets 20 million sales is "better" than a 10/10 product that only gets 5 million sales.

Oftentimes creating a 10/10 game means you've created a game for a niche audience. Those who realize the game isn't made for them will usually just not buy the game and will not create a review. It's understandable after all. I don't like seafood, so I'm not going to leave a review on a seafood restaurant and say that all of the food they serve is trash. Usually a dedicated seafood restaurant will have better seafood than one that serves multiple types of food.
    Or you can try to get more people in your doors by having many different types of food with middling quality. The more types of food you have, the less good each one will likely be.

And again, whether it was literally technically required or not I felt forced to do them because that's how I played the game. I didn't do Mythic+ farming so the dailies are where I got my Covenant Renown.

I'm ignoring the rest.

Yes, it is different.

I played the same way in SL as I did in Legion and I enjoyed myself in Legion, immensely...and am having very little if any fun in SL.

And if you can't understand why, no amount of discussion is going to fix it so it's not worth continuing.
    Again, the Covenant Renown was 2 weeklies, collect 20 souls (5mins) and collect 1000 anima (5mins for world boss, 15-30mins based on distance for the rest from treasures/repeatable rares/World Quests), again repeating something does not make it true, what is true is the fact that you are lying, but somehow you did non-existent dailies for them.

But somehow you are doing something in SL that exists somewhere, but the rest of us havent done but i must accept your opinion about the game and Legion and fun.

Repeat after yourself how that sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    what is true is the fact that you are lying, but somehow you did non-existent dailies for them.
    Eh there are "dailies" in Covenants. Tier 2 anima conductor has a set of actual dailies, but all 6 spots the anima conductor feeds to is also considered a daily.

Again, the Covenant Renown was 2 weeklies, collect 20 souls (5mins) and collect 1000 anima (5mins for world boss, 15-30mins based on distance for the rest from treasures/repeatable rares/World Quests), again repeating something does not make it true, what is true is the fact that you are lying, but somehow you did non-existent dailies for them.

But somehow you are doing something in SL that exists somewhere, but the rest of us havent done but i must accept your opinion about the game and Legion and fun.

Repeat after yourself how that sounds.
    Covenant Callings are a thing too, so you can stop lying about that part. They gave gear rewards that I felt I needed to try and get because I wasn't doing Mythic+ runs and wanted to get the gear in order to even try and participate in some of the rest of the content.

So again, I played the same way in SL as I did in Legion and enjoyed myself significantly more in Legion than I am in SL.

Maybe it's because Legion catered more to the kind of player I am than SL does. That's a BAD thing IMO, that they regressed like that for players like me.

Whether you believe me or think my opinion is real or worthwhile means fuck all to me, so keep whinging about how my opinion doesn't matter or whatever you're trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Eh there are "dailies" in Covenants. Tier 2 anima conductor has a set of actual dailies, but all 6 spots the anima conductor feeds to is also considered a daily.
    I am simply following his words. "Mandatory dailies for power progression" when they havent existed in any way, shape or form in SL, and Blizzard even tripled downed on that with Zereth Mortis, which he said he didnt play so i cant call him out for that part, which he claims the amazing fun WQs from Legion were better, when i know all i did myself the weekly "mandatory" renown, was

A)Kill World Boss, ~5mins.
    B)Do the active World Quests that rewarded 105 or 140 anima, BLESS THE HEAVENS, Maldraxxus 250 one is up in averagely 5-10mins.
    C)Kill a rare cause it happened to be on the way of the World Boss or after for random anima or chest.
    D)Log off, do 2-3 WQs tomorrow in 5-10mins-->Return quest.

So i am trying to figure where those mandatory dailies to player power are.

As i said before, everyone can have an opinion until they show they shouldnt, and thats the problem with subscription games, everyone is this special snowflake that think they are entitled to everything with half-baked knowledge and complete ignorance of the actual gameplay because of 15$.

- - - Updated - - -

Covenant Callings are a thing too, so you can stop lying about that part. They gave gear rewards that I felt I needed to try and get because I wasn't doing Mythic+ runs and wanted to get the gear in order to even try and participate in some of the rest of the content.

So again, I played the same way in SL as I did in Legion and enjoyed myself significantly more in Legion than I am in SL.

Maybe it's because Legion catered more to the kind of player I am than SL does. That's a BAD thing IMO, that they regressed like that for players like me.

Whether you believe me or think my opinion is real or worthwhile means fuck all to me, so keep whinging about how my opinion doesn't matter or whatever you're trying to do.
    I am not trying to do anything, i am simply stating why you should not get an opinion on anything game related cause you showed you have no clue what you are talking about because you thought that if you repeated the narrative you heard online "CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO DO" "CHORES" and the similar repeated bullshit everywhere, that it reflects to actual facts.

And you double downed on it, so i simply repeated what you said.

I posted exactly what i did for my Covenant weekly, its up there, but somehow you got exhausted by "checklist of things to do" dailies?? that you found somewhere, that blocked your power progression.

Now enough, you mentioned you did Heroic Dungeons and Covenant Callings for gear, we are worlds apart in the game, if SL wasnt fun to you, acceptable, but that doesnt give you a right to criticize the game when you are obviously playing it in a way that makes it take much longer thats needed.

Which is the same for others on here, your personal terrible experience which happens because of lack of skill/knowledge of the game, does not reflect the actual game experience.

I will respect your experience because i can understand that are 20453534 billion different aspects as to why, but i cant accept you as a person that understands the game in order to judge it.
    Last edited by potis; 2022-07-20 at 04:20 PM.

But how are the callings any different from the Legion callings?????

I am not trying to do anything, i am simply stating why you should not get an opinion on anything game related cause you showed you have no clue what you are talking about because you thought that if you repeated the narrative you heard online "CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO DO" "CHORES" and the similar repeated bullshit everywhere, that it reflects to actual facts.
    What part of I'm not having fun in SL even though I'm playing the same way I did in Legion (and every other expansion) is not computing for you?

Shadowlands is the least fun version of WoW I've ever played.

And you double downed on it, so i simply repeated what you said.

I posted exactly what i did for my Covenant weekly, its up there, but somehow you got exhausted by "checklist of things to do" dailies?? that you found somewhere, that blocked your power progression.
    I don't give a shit what you did for your Covenant weekly. I played the game the way I've always played it and didn't have fun with it. You don't get to tell me I'm "doing it wrong."

What part of I'm not having fun in SL even though I'm playing the same way I did in Legion (and every other expansion) is not computing for you?

Shadowlands is the least fun version of WoW I've ever played.

I don't give a shit what you did for your Covenant weekly. I played the game the way I've always played it and didn't have fun with it. You don't get to tell me I'm "doing it wrong."
    Whatever floats your boat echo chamberer, now do answer the guy about the difference between callings in expansions, i would love to read the answer of how one was mandatory and the other wasnt.

But how are the callings any different from the Legion callings?????
    I didn't feel like I HAD to do them in Legion. I could play the game other ways, that I would normally do, and still make progress. In SL, I didn't feel the same way. The only ways I was able to get gear (notice I said "I," and not everyone...) because I didn't do Mythic+ runs, was to do those callings, get the rewards and hopefully get a gear upgrade, all while doing the other tasks that were available while I was waiting in queue for dungeons or LFR.

I played the game the way I've always played it and didn't have fun with it. You don't get to tell me I'm "doing it wrong."
    if you didnt have fun then YES, you are doing it wrong... thats like the main point of playing games...

I didn't feel like I HAD to do them in Legion. I could play the game other ways, that I would normally do, and still make progress. In SL, I didn't feel the same way. The only ways I was able to get gear (notice I said "I," and not everyone...) because I didn't do Mythic+ runs, was to do those callings, get the rewards and hopefully get a gear upgrade, all while doing the other tasks that were available while I was waiting in queue for dungeons or LFR.
    So wait a second lemme get this straight.... You did not feel like you had to do them FOR GEAR UPGRADES IN LEGION where for 75% of the expansion they were one of the most efficient ways for you to fish for a random class legendary but you felt like you had to do them in SL where they give a meaningless low ilvl purple at a very low chance that you could outlvl by doing a bg or doing a world quest after finishing the campaign or do a M0, or do an LFR or lvl up a rep?
    Excluding the endless power grind that was the AP that most people whined their asses off about because this was actually mandatory please again enlighten me how were you progressing you character outside of M+ and raids in legion in ways that you cannot in SL?
    Because if you are unironically telling me you were leveling your weapon by spamming normal/heroic dungeons I do not believe you. The AP gain was meaningless.

Again this is not a case of why you like Legion better than SL. I also liked Legion better than SL. I just feel like your argument is entirely disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    if you didnt have fun then YES, you are doing it wrong... thats like the main point of playing games...
    I understand what you're saying, and that's exactly my point. I played WoW the same way I've always played it from Vanilla all the way through BfA and now SL.

SL is the first time I've not had fun doing it that way

SL is different.

Casual or bad? Lol, but no really my friends and I are working 10 hour days, and then spend time with our families and doing what we need to do in life. and they still hop online to do a heroic raid with me, or push some +15-18 keys, Arena is fun with friends and no pressure until 1900.

But if you truly don't like doing the three end game systems the entire game is built around, you can do the collecting.

In Dragonflight, it looks like professions have an overhaul and you can make an insane amount of gold this way, dragon flying and customizing the dragon. Alts look pretty easy to keep up with, So you could always work on alts and then drop them the minute you have to start doing content that slightly challenges you.

I understand what you're saying, and that's exactly my point. I played WoW the same way I've always played it from Vanilla all the way through BfA and now SL.

SL is the first time I've not had fun doing it that way

SL is different.
    Maybe you're just different. Its been like 18 years. You've either changed or you're burnt out

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Casual or bad? Lol, but no really my friends and I are working 10 hour days, and then spend time with our families and doing what we need to do in life. and they still hop online to do a heroic raid with me, or push some +15-18 keys, Arena is fun with friends and no pressure until 1900.

But if you truly don't like doing the three end game systems the entire game is built around, you can do the collecting.

In Dragonflight, it looks like professions have an overhaul and you can make an insane amount of gold this way, dragon flying and customizing the dragon. Alts look pretty easy to keep up with, So you could always work on alts and then drop them the minute you have to start doing content that slightly challenges you.
    I'm very much looking forward to Dragonflight because it does seem like it will have less focus on the end game systems.

SL felt very much like a raid or die expansion. WoD felt similar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Maybe you're just different. Its been like 18 years. You've either changed or you're burnt out
    Maybe, not going to discount that entirely.

Post skipped cause it made too much sense I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    The casuals did not complain about that or in the way you have described. That is completely false. The hardcore min/maxers were the ones complaining about systems and their checklist of "chores".

To answer the OP, new feature wise - Dragon Riding. Standard content wise - transmog hunting, achieves, raids, dungeons, pvp etc.

Outside of that? Nothing. It's seeming to be a very much raid or die (and mythic+) expansion. Essentially its WoD with Mythic+.
    No hardcore player has ever cared about "grinds" as all hardcore content has been cleared before the caps on "grinds" even unlocked.

- - - Updated - - -

someone that raids anything past LFR and clears M+2 and above is an elitist scum that must play 100 hours per week but lies about it
    The claim of every "streamer" summarized.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Absolutely none of this is true...Casuals (including myself) bitched about these dumb systems because god forbid somebody wants to play a 2nd character? Or 3rd or more?
    If you played a 2nd character, you'd have tons of AP since every activity gave AP.

When people claim they want to play a 2nd character, they mean they want a fully geared 2nd character, without doing any of the gearing, so they can run 1-2 dungeons and then not play it again.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Post skipped cause it made too much sense I see.
    What did you expect It doesnt fit the narrative.