Why is some stuff allowed on some sites, not allowed on others?

Because i find it confusing how some sites allow discussion of some issues, while other sites don't allow discussion of issues that are of concern to people.

https://debatepolitics.com/threads/i...turday.485719/

10+ Year Old Account
    Because we are not a hivemind, and are, in fact, different people in very different environments?

Certain topics are banned, because they never go well, and always turn into flamefests that get the threads locked. I'm sure that's not the case everywhere, but in here, a video game forum, they go bad rather quickly. The moderators are also unpaid volunteers, and can't be here all of the time.
    Last edited by Santti; 2022-07-21 at 03:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Because we are not a hivemind, and are, in fact, different people in very different environments?

Certain topics are banned, because they never go well, and always turn into flamefests that get the threads locked. I'm sure that's not the case everywhere, but in here, a video game forum, they go bad rather quickly.
    Ah.

I often on discord and parts of discord seem mostly a safespace for marginalized people in society

5+ Year Old Account
    This is closed. It's been repeatedly explained by moderators and admins why your threads end up closed. Trying to find various ways to ignore those explanations and requests is inappropriate.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."