Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Social Contract: Coming Soon to a Classic near you!

We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Was this a surprise? It's just an updated rebranded TOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Game's ruined now, unbelievable Blizz

Ahh MMO Champion fighting for their right to be a dick stay classy

It's crazy that a gaming company has to explicitly tell people not to be bigoted jerks to each other...and even crazier that people will flip out over being asked not to be a bigoted jerk.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    It's crazy that a gaming company has to explicitly tell people not to be bigoted jerks to each other...and even crazier that people will flip out over being asked not to be a bigoted jerk.
    Especially after they already agreed to what is in the social contract in order to play the game in the first place.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

It's just a distraction. Like turning women into bowls of fruit. It's meant as good PR. So Blizz can say, 'See, we really care! Forget about the atrocious, rampant sexist behavior at the company.'

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I don't really wanna be preached at by a soulless corporation under investigation by the state for sexual misconduct and a ceo that threatened to kill people

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    that's odd, I thought it would've been added to TBC Classic already; it making an appearance in Wrath Classic should surprise nobody

I treat the social contracts like how I treat those people who put pronouns in their bio, just pretend like they don't exist, in-game and IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yeah I don't really wanna be preached at by a soulless corporation under investigation by the state for sexual misconduct and a ceo that threatened to kill people
    You aren't being preached at. You're being told not to be a bigoted jerk toward others. It's not really that complicated.

15+ Year Old Account
    You aren't being preached at. You're being told not to be a bigoted jerk toward others. It's not really that complicated.
    By a company under investigation by the state for sexual misconduct and a ceo that threatened to kill people. Perhaps they should lead by example before they tell others to :^)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm personally 100% behind the reminder of "Don't be a dick" every time you log in.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

By a company under investigation by the state for sexual misconduct and a ceo that threatened to kill people. Perhaps they should lead by example before they tell others to :^)
    Are you basically saying cause people at Blizz are rapey douches you should also be a rapey douche?

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I'm personally 100% behind the reminder of "Don't be a dick" every time you log in.
    I want it when you log in every time, I want it when you enter a queue, I want it when the queue pops, and more, just to piss off certain people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelMadcow View Post
    I treat the social contracts like how I treat those people who put pronouns in their bio, just pretend like they don't exist, in-game and IRL.
    I bet they are actually quite happy if you actually manage to ignore them. You don't sound like someone they would want to talk to in the first place.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Factician View Post
    Posted by Vrakthris on the CS forum:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...nces/1268904/8
    if it was already in the game, why recreate it as a signable Contract that can be reiterated at any point they wish?

Oh right, so they can pander to the bubblewrap babies of "current year"

"As more People claim to be Victims of more useless shit, we will need to update your behaviour rules to protect their precious mental illnesses"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Are you basically saying cause people at Blizz are rapey douches you should also be a rapey douche?
    I'm actually saying because I am a better person than the people who work at blizzard, why do I need to sign a contract that their employees don't even abide by? Maybe I should make them sign a contract before I give them any money.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2022-07-21 at 05:21 AM.

I'm actually saying because I am a better person than the people who work at blizzard, why do I need to sign a contract that their employees don't even abide by? Maybe I should make them sign a contract before I give them any money.
    Or you just don't give them money? Cause if that's the case if you did a little research pretty much every company you buy from probably does some sort of human rights violation at a level that makes Blizzard look like they jaywalked