Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    It's not selfishness to demand that the dragon class and dragon race has a dragon thematic.

Currently, the visage is being used by Blizzard to do two things:

- Justify not bothering to give the dragon form full proper transmog
    - Drive sales because elf fanatics will drool over the hideous visage form, but these people don't care about it being a dragon, they just want elf

Both of these are a betrayal of the entire point of having a playable dragon. The whole class is made the lesser for it by being feature incomplete and marketed at the wrong group of people. Visage is actively detrimental to the dracthyr because it sabotages the dragon form by not giving it the proper support that it needs.

Visage form must be destroyed.

Wait for the moment they make it possible to play the Evoker class using only the visage form and completely avoiding the Dracthyr form... I would bet on that

There's just no way for me to make the Visage form look like an interesting Warcraft character to me. No matter how much you trim back the scales or subdue the more extravagant options you still end up with a character that looks like a confused drag queen. I wouldn't even care if that was just one embarrassing set of options for some people to choose from, but we can't even try to look like Alexstrasza, Nozdormu, or Kalecgos.

It breaks my heart, man. You can't even put gear on the Dracthyr form which is at least passably cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

Compromise, leave it as it is. It's fine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    Dragon NPCs have a disguise because you can't put Chromie in Andorhal without shrinking her down into, say, a humanoid. Likewise, it's very difficult to put dragon NPCs in capital cities or on top of Wyrmrest in a way that would be pleasant for a player to interact with if they are huge.

To a dragon PC, none of that is a concern. There may be a lore excuse for them to be able to have such a thing, but if there is no gameplay reason at all, then it doesn't need to exist. A druid would realistically be able to shapeshift into a squirrel form or any variety of other critters if they wanted, and some people might find that cool for the purposes of roleplay, but they can't actually do that because it's pointless. That's the space the visage form occupies. Hell, that druid example would be more useful because we don't have any toys that can do that kind of thing, but we do have a ton of toys that can change your form into a massive variety of humanoids, which covers the wish to turn into a human form.

In short, lore is not a valid excuse in its own right for this kind of thing to exist.

And, more importantly, because the visage form is a cheap excuse to not give dracthyr support for transmog, which is crucial functionality that is utterly unacceptable to be missing from a playable character.
    Actually, there is a toy that transforms you into your battle pet, including a squirrel. And "old transmog" would look super bad on Dracthyr anyways. The barbershop armour is a 1000000000 times better solution.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    They are adding riding animations for Dracthyr so you never have to go into visage.
    Is this optional or do we not know? Personally I feel that Dracthyr form would run into the same problem as Worgen/Tauren/Kul Tiran/Draenei and look dumb on most mounts that aren't huge themselves. So I would prefer if it autoswapped to visage for mounts (also dragon riding dragon is silly)

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    Is this optional or do we not know? Personally I feel that Dracthyr form would run into the same problem as Worgen/Tauren/Kul Tiran/Draenei and look dumb on most mounts that aren't huge themselves. So I would prefer if it autoswapped to visage for mounts (also dragon riding dragon is silly)
    Dracthyr will now choose "their identify". If you choose:
    - Draconic form: You will always be in draconic form even during riding mounts unless pressing skill that changes you into visage.
    - Visage form: You will always be in visage form except using draconic-specific abilities. When exiting combat or finishing soaring, you will automatically turn into visage again. Unless you'll press skill to change your form.

Player will be able to chose their identity by new racial skill that eventually will be acquired in Stormwind/Orgrimmar when questline of starting Dracthyr experience will be completed.

Quote Originally Posted by i3ackero View Post
    Dracthyr will now choose "their identify". If you choose:
    - Draconic form: You will always be in draconic form even during riding mounts unless pressing skill that changes you into visage.
    - Visage form: You will always be in visage form except using draconic-specific abilities. When exiting combat or finishing soaring, you will automatically turn into visage again. Unless you'll press skill to change your form.

Player will be able to chose their identity by new racial skill that eventually will be acquired in Stormwind/Orgrimmar when questline of starting Dracthyr experience will be completed.
    This Im fine with, removing options is not the way to go but this was a good fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Your opinion is wrong on this, that is all I am going to say.
    What a thrilling argument. In conclusion, you are unwilling to face up to how awful of a design decision the visage is, just because you like how it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    Wait for the moment they make it possible to play the Evoker class using only the visage form and completely avoiding the Dracthyr form... I would bet on that
    Blizzard does have an unfortunate precedence for choosing the worst possible option, so I wouldn't put it past them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Actually, there is a toy that transforms you into your battle pet, including a squirrel.
    This is good. But the case remains that druids don't have such a class ability, and that too is good, because it's unnecessary.

And "old transmog" would look super bad on Dracthyr anyways. The barbershop armour is a 1000000000 times better solution.
    Absolutely fucking not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    I wouldn’t. The entire point of the Evoker class is the Dracthyr form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noooo absolutely DON'T kill visage form, I love how the loud minority seem to want to kill this concept but most of the players love the idea of it for roleplay and other purposes, you don't have to use it, stay in Dragon form if you want just don't force perma Dragon form on everyone that's pure selfishness.

Plus I love all the jewellery and customisation options of the current visage form, they just need to open up all races with all the same customisation but that will take time.
    I didn't say force Dragon form on everyone, I said to let them just transform in to all of the currently available races. Then, make a few of the bedazzled customization options unlockable rewards for all of those races, slowly adding in more over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    I didn't say force Dragon form on everyone, I said to let them just transform in to all of the currently available races. Then, make a few of the bedazzled customization options unlockable rewards for all of those races, slowly adding in more over time.
    Or just play a different class…..

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    ALl player races are realistic. check out fan art work.

ut should all races be available though? Or jut larger more magical races? Or only Azeroth based races ? il.. all but Orcs, Mag'har, LF draenei, Draenei and Mechgnomes (because of the machine parts)
    These do look amazing and I'd wholeheartedly welcome them, but realistically speaking, this is more artwork than Blizzard has ever bothered putting into anything, and they've always claimed that the art department is largely their limiting factor for what is realistically possible to put into the game.

In other words, this would, no joke, cost a raid tier. You may be willing to make that sacrifice, but the majority of WoW's playerbase likely wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    These do look amazing and I'd wholeheartedly welcome them, but realistically speaking, this is more artwork than Blizzard has ever bothered putting into anything, and they've always claimed that the art department is largely their limiting factor for what is realistically possible to put into the game.

In other words, this would, no joke, cost a raid tier. You may be willing to make that sacrifice, but the majority of WoW's playerbase likely wouldn't.
    Even so, .. it would get a lot more people excited over it and DRacthyr.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    As for me, I think including both gender models of Human, Orc and High Elf would be a fine start for Visage Form on release.
    Careful now, you can't use that term around here anymore. It's "body 1" and "body 2"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    As for me, I think including both gender models of Human, Orc and High Elf would be a fine start for Visage Form on release. I think this selection makes sense when you consider where each race stands in the canon. Humans lead the Alliance, Orcs lead the Horde and High Elves are split between as the Void Elves and Blood Elves.
    If they can't make a visage of every race, then I'd rather get trolls instead of orcs, who are not even from azeroth
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

This Im fine with, removing options is not the way to go but this was a good fix.
    Bad fix for me personally, as I was perfectly fine with being Dracthyr for everything but mount unless I chose to (which was the original afaik?)

Oh well too bad for me I guess, if the swap to Visage is instant I might be able to macro it if it isn’t on the GCD to swap when I mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post

Just looking at the blood elf ones alone. If they looked this good, I would not complain about the visage forms. The ones they implemented are just so damn ugly i am never going to use it.

On topic I wish other races were options for Visage. I dont need all the fancy customizations. Just more options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Some people reminds me of children.

I want, I want, I want!
    Oh gratz, you've discovered Consumer culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Noooo absolutely DON'T kill visage form, I love how the loud minority seem to want to kill this concept but most of the players love the idea of it for roleplay and other purposes, you don't have to use it, stay in Dragon form if you want just don't force perma Dragon form on everyone that's pure selfishness.

Plus I love all the jewellery and customisation options of the current visage form, they just need to open up all races with all the same customisation but that will take time.
    While I think the Visage form is fucking horrendous looking, I still want to be able to use it in combat, the skills that need a dragon form such as Breath could just temporarily transform you into a dragon for the animation and then pop you back into visage form when it ends, that'd be a perfect compromise imo

If this race is gonna have one single class then I would like to be able to use any of the forms in combat at the very least seeing as one supports transmog and one doesn't

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Dude I dont even need scales and crazy stuff. Literally jist the normal races with no extra customization would be better.

Chromie doesnt have horns. Ebonhorn doesnt have glowy eyes. The point of a visage form is to blend in.

All races or bust.
    My thought exactly. I'm not sure why they decided they had to go the extra mile here when they should've done every race. If they really wanted to go further, they could've just made horns and jewelry options to help you "stand out" as a dragon-person, and skipped all the unique hair styles, the scales stuff, eyes, and so on. I would much rather be able to choose what mortal race my dragon-person looks like than have a few customization options I'm probably not going to have anyway, since I dislike the look of them.