Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    Bad fix for me personally, as I was perfectly fine with being Dracthyr for everything but mount unless I chose to (which was the original afaik?)

Oh well too bad for me I guess, if the swap to Visage is instant I might be able to macro it if it isn’t on the GCD to swap when I mount.
    Does anyone have a link to this change? I haven’t seen it anywhere.

Is this optional or do we not know? Personally I feel that Dracthyr form would run into the same problem as Worgen/Tauren/Kul Tiran/Draenei and look dumb on most mounts that aren't huge themselves. So I would prefer if it autoswapped to visage for mounts (also dragon riding dragon is silly)
    You can't please everyone I suppose and in your case I would suspect its an extreme minority want,

The choice is yours you can choose whether you want to perma stay in Dragon form for everything or Choose it so Dragon form falls off when combat ends, picking and choosing what you want these forms for in every activity is just being facetious.

All I'm gonna say to those who have been hating on the Dracthyr Evoker since it's inception is "Either find another class to play or find another game" because you people are eternally miserable and complain at every opportunity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    You can't please everyone I suppose and in your case I would suspect its an extreme minority want,

The choice is yours you can choose whether you want to perma stay in Dragon form for everything or Choose it so Dragon form falls off when combat ends, picking and choosing what you want these forms for in every activity is just being facetious.

All I'm gonna say to those who have been hating on the Dracthyr Evoker since it's inception is "Either find another class to play or find another game" because you people are eternally miserable and complain at every opportunity.
    That’s actually a solid change. That’s more aligned with the theme, where some would choose visage until certain abilities pull them out of it, and others would choose dragon. As to your final comment, I agree. There are people who are simply not satisfied regardless of what improvements Blizzard makes to the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Does anyone have a link to this change? I haven’t seen it anywhere.
    https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic...dback-evokers/

2nd blue post about feedback. I'm crossing my fingers on swapping from Dracthyr to Visage being like Worgen and just being a puff of smoke that doesn't trigger the GCD (iirc), then I can macro it so i swap to Visage when mounting up, as Dracthyr on a mount will most likely look a bit odd to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic...dback-evokers/

2nd blue post about feedback. I'm crossing my fingers on swapping from Dracthyr to Visage being like Worgen and just being a puff of smoke that doesn't trigger the GCD (iirc), then I can macro it so i swap to Visage when mounting up, as Dracthyr on a mount will most likely look a bit odd to me.
    Thank you.

You would think a change like that would satisfy the transmog folks. However, I doubt it will.

I wouldn’t. The entire point of the Evoker class is the Dracthyr form.
    Alright, let's play! Wanna bet on that, Teriz? So far I've seen more excitement for the visage forms than for the actual Dracthyr...

(edit: not my case, let's make it clear x'D)
    Last edited by Lorca; 2022-07-21 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is an OK start, ofc I want all races, BUT with how deep they went with the customization in these ones is unrealistic to expect that they will do the same at launch.

I do think they should add tauren and gnome to the mix if they can, kind of a nod to Ebyssian(this is his name right?) and chromie. And them, slowly trickle in more customization. If they ever do that. It might be one of those things that are on the list of things they want to do but never get to it. Like so many other things.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    Alright, let's play! Wanna bet on that, Teriz? So far I've seen more excitement for the visage forms than for the actual Dracthyr...

(edit: not my case, let's make it clear x'D)
    Not my point. My point is that the Evoker class was created to emulate being a playable dragon, not a mere spellcaster.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Careful now, you can't use that term around here anymore. It's "body 1" and "body 2"
    You are aware that there are still gender stringes in the files? It seems like the idea is that Blizzard will allow you to choose your pronouns. So gender will still be there - just independend from the body types. As it should be.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Not my point. My point is that the Evoker class was created to emulate being a playable dragon, not a mere spellcaster.
    Doesn't matter what reason it was created for, but if you got there a bunch of loud people asking for the visage form to be able to be used for fighting... I wouldn't roll out that option so quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter what reason it was created for, but if you got there a bunch of loud people asking for the visage form to be able to be used for fighting... I wouldn't roll out that option so quickly.
    Who cares what a bunch of loud people are asking for? Blizzard’s design goals are clear, and there’s no reason to deviate from them. It absolutely matters WHY Blizzard designed the class in the first place.

Who cares what a bunch of loud people are asking for? Blizzard’s design goals are clear, and there’s no reason to deviate from them. It absolutely matters WHY Blizzard designed the class in the first place.
    Blood/High Elves would like to have a word with you

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood/High Elves would like to have a word with you
    Yeah, you got Void Elves instead of High Elves.

What point were you trying to make again?

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    According to this thread, mechagnomes have the following slots visible: helm, shoulders, chest, cloak, waist, and legs (lower torso only; the actual legs are metal). Dracthyr will have shoulders, waist, and tabard as of the last I read.
    From what I've seen in the alpha streams they only display shoulder, waist and tabard that you chose while creating them. It doesn't update when you put on different gear. At the moment it works like druids. Equipment is only shown in visage form and dracthyr form is completely separate but can be modified at the barber.

Yeah, you got Void Elves instead of High Elves.

What point were you trying to make again?
    I didn't get anything my dude. Anyways, I don't wanna open the Pandora box here with Blood/Void/High Elves and what they are, but you are smart enough to get what I meant. If people keeps asking for the visage form to be able to be used for combat, sooner than later you'll get the option to play in combat as the visage form.
    Last edited by Lorca; 2022-07-26 at 07:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't get anything my dude. Anyways, I don't wanna open the Pandora box here with Blood/Void/High Elves and what they, but you are smart enough to get what I meant. If people keeps asking for the visage form to be able to be used for combat, sooner than later you'll get the option to play in combat as the visage form.
    Except you can already use visage form in combat. Not the entire time, since the point of the Evoker class is to be a playable dragon, but there are spells that you can cast and remain in visage.

If you don't want to turn into a dragon, why are you playing a dragon class?

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    This might be unpopular but I don't know why they even needed this 'visage' form anyway. There are multiple dragon species that are just that. Dragons that have humanoid forms are the exception.
    Nah, actually I think you nailed this take perfectly.

I hadn't thought about it, but typically the only dragons that take a visage form are the ones that are gigantic, and it's usually so they can fit into society better.

The new dragon race we're getting doesn't require a visage form for any reason at all. It's certainly NOT for subterfuge purposes since they have horns and scales on their bodies. It's certainly not to fit through doors better since they're already humanoid sized creatures.

I think it all kinda just comes back to Blizzard idea of not letting players be a big dragon. It would have been cool to stay and fight mostly in visage form and then certain cooldowns or abilities have you turn into a drake-sized dragon of sorts giving reason why a visage form would be required in the first place.

Could even make it fit into the lore as to why they would prefer to stay and fight in visage form. "My normal form is too large and unwieldy to fight alongside other mortals without collateral damage." I mean it makes sense. If you're in a raid group with 19 other people, you probably don't want to be thrashing your tail around and sending your healers into the whelp eggs especially considering you're a spellcaster anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I think it all kinda just comes back to Blizzard idea of not letting players be a big dragon. It would have been cool to stay and fight mostly in visage form and then certain cooldowns or abilities have you turn into a drake-sized dragon of sorts giving reason why a visage form would be required in the first place.
    Uh, the new alpha patch allows you to do exactly that. Except once you enter dracthyr form in combat, you don't turn back until you leave combat.

Uh, the new alpha patch allows you to do exactly that. Except once you enter dracthyr form in combat, you don't turn back until you leave combat.
    He was talking about a proper full dragon form, not a humanoid dragon. The proper full dragon would be far preferable but evidently isn't on the table.

But you don't have a reason to be fighting in visage form is my point.

If you were a larger sized dragon that relied on magic and not their claws to fight, you'd have to no real reason to be a large dragon while fighting alongside other mortals.

Whether or not you're a human sized Blood Elf or a human sized dragon is irrelevant for anything other than aesthetic purposes when they could have easily made it more gameplay/lore related reasons why you'd shift between forms and stick primarily to your humanoid one.