Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleWhiskey View Post
    how was it taken care of quickly lol? timeless isle? they released that at the very end to counter guild wars 2, alongside the jumping puzzles

i can't remember anything from the story in pandalands, my brain shut off at "you're fighting your shalalala bad emotions"
    They added the tokens that doubled rep gain and the daily rep boost for dungeons and the zandalari rares that popped every 30 minutes that gave rep for the factions removing the need for dailies

Again it was a huge problem that definitely caused burn out but by 5.2 it was gone and the only remaining grinds were legendary rep, thunder king trove, and Dino bones.

You didn't enjoy the daily grind and neither did i...until the last patch where I used it for gold

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    TOT is considered by many to be one of the top 5 best raids, and Thunderking one of the best designed fights.

As for content, the first patch introduced the offensives and brawlers guild and several scenarios. The second gave us Isle of Thunder with content to do every day. The third gave us a new bg and arena, as well as heroic scenarios and new scenarios. And the final gave us SOO and Timeless Isle with tons of gear catch up for alts. Just cause you dont like something, doesnt mean it lacked content.

Mist had a significant amount of content each patch, and daily quests were only a big deal at the very beginning.
    ok now i know you're trolling

thunder king a good fight?
    literally get spammed by waves of lightnig and run around from corner to corner avoiding them?

omg, that literally rivals Yogg'Saron and Trial of the champions, such design, wow

- brawler's guild: no one did that
    - offensives: more dailies
    - isle of thunder: more dailies and some jumping puzzles to counter GW2
    - new BG: one of the most hated BGs in wow, and an arena, which was barely anything different from nagrand arena
    - scenarios: everyone hated scenarios, no one did heroic scenarios

You didn't even mention the only "content" worth mentioning this expansion: the gardening, which was actually pretty fun and made you travel places to get extra ingredients and equipment and such

crapdaria was just that: crap, a cringe setting full of boring content

And I'm fking glad we finally getting something more old fashioned without all those overdone systems. Just make the villains interesting and builds fun to play and I'm all in.

literally get spammed by waves of lightnig and run around from corner to corner avoiding them?

omg, that literally rivals Yogg'Saron and Trial of the champions, such design, wow

- new BG: one of the most hated BGs in wow, and an arena, which was barely anything different from nagrand arena

You didn't even mention the only "content" worth mentioning this expansion: the gardening, which was actually pretty fun and made you travel places to get extra ingredients and equipment and such

So now we know you're trolling.

Pandaria was a fantastic expansion whose main problem was SOO lasting too long.
    Last edited by Myradin; 2022-07-21 at 07:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Man, from looking at your other posts, you are obviously just a troll on an alt account trying to bait arguments, so i know this is just feeding the troll but here goes.

A large majority of high end players that were raiding at the time, consider TOT the best of MOP, and Thunderking frequently lands in most top 5 lists (maybe just edged out now with Halondrus). As for Timeless Isle and Isle of Thunder, those were both some of the most active open world zones the game as ever had. You had tons of stuff to collect, and it was extremely prone to spontaneous bouts of PVP. Also MOP added Flex raiding which was a huge quality of life boost for a lot of raid guilds. As for brawlers guild and scenarios, i know plenty that played them. I did Brawlers on my DK, and we ran scenarios with my wife and some of the less active players of the guild because it was a quick pick up and go.

Also gardening was nothing special, and but it was still kinda neat. Other games have done it better.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Kinda agree,

All i see is that people on the alpha say that dragonflight is fun.
    Then again after your 50e run or daily i wonder if this feature still is. (Dont see this carry a two year exp pack)

All the rest is what both weak and strong exp packs had before. Raids, dungeons, zones, gear sets.
    The playable race looks bad, a race that can only wear armor that is given in the creation screen tells me its an unfinished race. All i hear is that people are happy this exp pack has no features but what do you have then….

You hear nothing about exiting lore or storylines, the new models is a mixed bag some are good some are pushing it all the way to disney content, the woke stuff might be news for the crazies but all i see is a waist of our money into these changes.

And then these Alpha testers say that blizzard devs are now listening to the community…. They set a release sate in 5 months so how can they actually listen this time qround when they set this date even before 1 of the community got in to test it or give their feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Kinda agree,

All i see is that people on the alpha say that dragonflight is fun.
    Then again after your 50e run or daily i wonder if this feature still is. (Dont see this carry a two year exp pack)

All the rest is what both weak and strong exp packs had before. Raids, dungeons, zones, gear sets.
    The playable race looks bad, a race that can only wear armor that is given in the creation screen tells me its an unfinished race. All i hear is that people are happy this exp pack has no features but what do you have then….

You hear nothing about exiting lore or storylines, the new models is a mixed bag some are good some are pushing it all the way to disney content, the woke stuff might be news for the crazies but all i see is a waist of our money into these changes.

And then these Alpha testers say that blizzard devs are now listening to the community…. They set a release sate in 5 months so how can they actually listen this time qround when they set this date even before 1 of the community got in to test it or give their feedback.
    Addressing the bold only.
    The Evokers will display all the major pieces of armor, as confirmed by blizzard. They even have a tier set, so i am not sure what this narrative of only wear armor given during creation is on about but its patently wrong.

As for feedback, blizzard has been exponentially more responsive to feedback this go then last. Already they have made vast changes to talent trees based on feedback. Its easier to respond and navigate feedback when you don't have to navigate a system like Covenants or Artifact weapons that have to get more powerful constantly through the expansion. Not saying it will be perfect, but we are already getting better vibes from the first few weeks of alpha than we did 4 months into SL beta.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Litteraly ANY other expansion released at the same state DF is in now, would be the most boring expansion ever.

Hands down this Alpha probably has more content and of higher quality then tbc/woltk

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    What? That number is the cumulative number of accounts that have ever been created. It cannot "peak", since it's cumulative. It increases monotonically with time.

As mentioned, that number was from MoP. More recently, mmo-population (yeah, yeah) puts the number above 120 M. Since the game likely has a current number of accounts in the low millions, we get the 95% estimate. Granted, the cumulative number includes trial and bot accounts, but even without those the number is likely in excess of 40 M at this point (giving ~90% ex-players.)
    When I said "peaked", I meant that the largest concentration of those created accounts could be found in that timeframe. My bad on the vague way of putting it.

Either way, my point still stands that this could simply suggest low player retention in general since we don't have access to the activity of said accounts—unless we have a chart showing the concentration of new accounts over time, we can't be sure of the cause. I'm not trying to argue from ignorance, of course—it's just as possible that it is true that this is a very recent problem, but I do feel that the alternative explanation fits better with how we know for a fact that subscribers peaked around 12m.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2022-07-21 at 08:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    This is actually going to be the expansion I might drop inscription for mining

The professions are insane and the elemental shaman getting two charges of stormkeeper means I found my first alt

If this thread has shown one thing it's that people don't like changing opinions and will sit and argue with no intention of meaningful discussion like "professions will be boring and there won't be any reason to have someone else craft for you because it will be so cheap but also expensive"

4 months till release

- - - Updated - - -

Oh god it's "the game needs to stop adding stuff because I can't handle it"

No thank you
    However I have heard of magical secret versions of the game that stop at a point in time

The game has an unhealthy amount of collectibles right now. Started in Legion with Paragon mounts, and continued with hundreds of rare mob drops etc as well as stuff like the mounts/pets you craft in ZM. Not to mention all you gotta farm with Anima.

If you have 1 character like me, getting 100% of mounts/pets/toys/transmog/achivs etc is more than a full time job. Like I said before a fresh account going from 0 to 100% would probably take far over 10 000 hours, that is INSANE, doesn't have to do with my behaviour, cause I know I am not alone to want 100%.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

As someone that returned to wow at 9.2.5 launch, after quitting in 2017 during Legion, I have loved every aspect of the game. In roughly 2.5 months I've managed to level two characters 60 (I believe I started around 45-50 on each), complete the full story and a single covenant campaign on both, and get both ilvl to 250 by only doing LFR and ZM gearing routes. I'm now investigating which class/spec combo I want to do next while unlocking all the allied races from BfA. This is completely foreign to me as even back in 2017 it felt difficult to maintain multiple characters without significant time investment in dungeons and raids, which soaked up most "extra" time for alt progression.

However, through communication and forum threads, I'm learning that this has not always been the SL experience, and is rather unique post 9.2. What a shame that is as I can't imagine slogging through The Maw, Korthia, and Covenant content for 1.5 years chasing anima and minor covenant upgrades. I do hope the experience is more open and refined early in DF but part of late expansion systems feeling "right" is that it takes time to master tuning and balance. My expectation as a player is Dragonflight will be similar, but not at the fault of the developers but more because this is the natural life cycle of design. And while I expect the developers to listen to the player base, I also expect exciting new design that shows they are still interested in the product they dreamed up 23+ years ago and not just letting players decide what's next. I fell in love with WoW because of the game they created and while there are many things I want, most important overall is to maintain the sense of awe and wonder that has, for the most part, always existed when playing the game. I still get excited when treasures or rares require a special sequence or mini-game to unlock. My 10 year old son will sit next to me watching and say "wow that's incredible how they did that and do you think many people figured it out??" What a fantastic experience planting seeds for future gaming design and development. That's the wow I want more than anything so show me some secret/unexpected stuff and let me give my feedback on how it's working.

I'm hopeful however given the transparency so far that the developers are learning to move away from gated, convoluted systems and more toward accessible content and character power. Design a world that is completely open and offers rewards that match our goals. For me, my immediate goal is to experience as many class and specs as I can through DF while mastering the new systems and discovering the Dragon Isles. My son and I are very slowly leveling alts together so he can experience Dragonflight on release. We're reading quests, exploring caves, taking detours I know lead nowhere, climbing mountains, discovering treasures, and dueling just about everyone we see (not the thrill I'm after but whatever he enjoys PvP)... the same type of stuff I was addicted to in 2005 he is experiencing now and can't wait to see what Blizzard is going to offer later this year.

Now I just need to find a guild with similar passion for the game with members that log in, communicate with one another, and group for content. That's all I'm missing at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    The game has an unhealthy amount of collectibles right now. Started in Legion with Paragon mounts, and continued with hundreds of rare mob drops etc as well as stuff like the mounts/pets you craft in ZM. Not to mention all you gotta farm with Anima.

If you have 1 character like me, getting 100% of mounts/pets/toys/transmog/achivs etc is more than a full time job. Like I said before a fresh account going from 0 to 100% would probably take far over 10 000 hours, that is INSANE, doesn't have to do with my behaviour, cause I know I am not alone to want 100%.
    It's called personal responsibility and control
    You might not be alone but that doesn't mean the game should change

There's people who want the character models to function in ERP and I think that's likely a bigger group but it doesn't mean blizz should give us 10.1: Elwynn Fantasies

This is a game that has constantly added stuff for the last 18 years but you want them to stop because you want to have everything in the game and can't see it as finished.

After seeing your sig I finally realize you are a troll

There's people who want the character models to function in ERP and I think that's likely a bigger group but it doesn't mean blizz should give us 10.1: Elwynn Fantasies

This is a game that has constantly added stuff for the last 18 years but you want them to stop because you want to have everything in the game and can't see it as finished.

THANK YOU. I literally made an account just to respond to this. First, this is an MMO. 100% completion of collectibles is admirable...but why would you want less content? It should be hard to complete such a feat. I want them to add more and, specifically, more unique mounts instead of reskins.

Blizz is so trying to play catch up. From what I have seen and tried the selling points of the new xpac seem to fall a bit short. And for the record I love WoW. New way to fly, new race, new animations...lmao, welcome to 2022 Blizz. Its almost like the Madden franchise now. These things are barely even notable imo
    Make something that REALLY matters or makes a difference Blizz...so far I am unimpressed

Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    Blizz is so trying to play catch up. From what I have seen and tried the selling points of the new xpac seem to fall a bit short. And for the record I love WoW. New way to fly, new race, new animations...lmao, welcome to 2022 Blizz. Its almost like the Madden franchise now. These things are barely even notable imo
    Make something that REALLY matters or makes a difference Blizz...so far I am unimpressed
    What would do it before you? Like what would really matter. Do you want player housing?

10+ Year Old Account

Here, I do believe it should change, there simply is TOO MUCH, no matter how you look at it.

This can all be calculated, take number of items/things to farm and multiple with droprate etc, and the time it adds up to becomes unhealthy high. Even if you had 100% collected pre-Shadowlands, this expansion alone is unhealthy.

To get 100% of all things you can collect, pets, mounts, toys, transmog, achievements, FoS etc, you probably have to play 8 hours a DAY, that's a full time job. To ask a player to play that much is wrong.

And you cannot say "just don't go for 100%", cause it's HUMAN NATURE to collect things. If you see something like 3/10 or 7/10, it's natural to want 10/10, it's natural to wanna collect them all. It's no wonder Pokemon became big, cause they understand that so many people like to collect and complete. There is no wonder the Youtube channel "the Completionist" is huge. Gamers have always enjoyed collecting things.

And what does my love for Diablo Immortal (signature) have to do with anything?
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

3+ Year Old Account
    Here, I do believe it should change, there simply is TOO MUCH, no matter how you look at it.

This can all be calculated, take number of items/things to farm and multiple with droprate etc, and the time it adds up to becomes unhealthy high. Even if you had 100% collected pre-Shadowlands, this expansion alone is unhealthy.

To get 100% of all things you can collect, pets, mounts, toys, transmog, achievements, FoS etc, you probably have to play 8 hours a DAY, that's a full time job. To ask a player to play that much is wrong.

And you cannot say "just don't go for 100%", cause it's HUMAN NATURE to collect things. If you see something like 3/10 or 7/10, it's natural to want 10/10, it's natural to wanna collect them all. It's no wonder Pokemon became big, cause they understand that so many people like to collect and complete. There is no wonder the Youtube channel "the Completionist" is huge. Gamers have always enjoyed collecting things.

And what does my love for Diablo Immortal (signature) have to do with anything?
    You people are nuts.

You lunatics are actually ASKING for LESS content. Because if you don't have 100% of the stuff you feel inadequate.

Wow.

How about you seek treatment for your disorder instead of asking for the game to be made worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    You people are nuts.

You lunatics are actually ASKING for LESS content. Because if you don't have 100% of the stuff you feel inadequate.

Wow.

How about you seek treatment for your disorder instead of asking for the game to be made worse.

Why do you think more "content" is actually better?

Have you no sense of being overwhelmed? HOW is it good one zone has like 50 mounts to collect? What exactly is good with that? ¨

This is just filler content they add to trick people to play more. All it creates for many of us is stress and more boring grinds based on RNG. This is PURE PAIN and a HELL for completionists, there is nothing fun or enjoyable with this.

The game would be BETTER if it had less collectibles, cause then people could realistically get 100% without sacrificing too much in their lives. 100% should be doable for everyone who play normally. Right now it's near impossible.

Why do you think more "content" is actually better?

Have you no sense of being overwhelmed? HOW is it good one zone has like 50 mounts to collect? What exactly is good with that? ¨

This is just filler content they add to trick people to play more. All it creates for many of us is stress and more boring grinds based on RNG. This is PURE PAIN and a HELL for completionists, there is nothing fun or enjoyable with this.

The game would be BETTER if it had less collectibles, cause then people could realistically get 100% without sacrificing too much in their lives. 100% should be doable for everyone who play normally. Right now it's near impossible.
    Why try to get 100% in WoW? Find something else to pursue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    You people are nuts.

Wow.

Good and correct take.