10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I have no issue paying for a product that I'll use, however my "concern" (I don't care, as it doesn't affect me at all but I do think about it) is the "legality" (broad term to encompass any and all rules or laws) of charging for a mod to somebody else's IP, especially an IP that has made it very clear that mods/ third party tools are not allowed.

Unless SE outright comes out and says this kind of thing is acceptable, similar to GShade, I'll steer clear.

That said, this is amazing work.
    Honestly, if you just want to dabble with mods there is a myriad of free stuff - i only paid for specifics that i wanted for my character - something unique.

Before even thinking about it i'd try out the free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Honestly, if you just want to dabble with mods there is a myriad of free stuff - i only paid for specifics that i wanted for my character - something unique.

Before even thinking about it i'd try out the free stuff.
    I'll check some out, maybe, but in my experience because of how much I care about this kind of stuff (which is very little) mods have been more trouble than they're worth. So we'll see.

I think the base game is fine as is, personally, or rather, I just accept it for what it is and don't feel the need to change it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a LOT of work to create such a mod, even if you can re-use assets and ideas from other IP. So I kinda understand paying a small fee for it.
    Generally though, I'm not fond of clothing mods. The knowledge that others do not see my character as I do is immersion breaking for me.

I kinda wish there were WoW mods that let you change animations, but I think that's something WoW wouldn't even let you near.

Welp i finally got a house after almost 8 years of trying and instantly have someone walk up and tell me to get out because "our FC is buying out this ward". Didn't yoshi specifically say they were going to take action on FC's trying to pull this shit again?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Welp i finally got a house after almost 8 years of trying and instantly have someone walk up and tell me to get out because "our FC is buying out this ward". Didn't yoshi specifically say they were going to take action on FC's trying to pull this shit again?
    Did you report that they do that, if they want to against it?
    At worst, they'll all try to harass you to some degree to get you away there, but well... the report button and blocking them all is certainly appropriate if they'd actually start harassing

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd laugh my ass off and start waving at them every morning
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Did you report that they do that, if they want to against it?
    At worst, they'll all try to harass you to some degree to get you away there, but well... the report button and blocking them all is certainly appropriate if they'd actually start harassing
    No i just said if they wanted them that bad their dumb asses wouldn't have left the small plots empty since launch.

IIRC, they specifically made it so that you can't own multiple houses as an FC or player now, as in the game won't let you. That said, multiple FCs' can have the same name so maybe they're doing the whole 'We're a massive FC that is doing this' crap. Either way, you've got the house, so there's nothing they can do to you. I'd just set up a chair in the front of the house and set up a macro to laugh constantly when they're nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    You can have multiple chars make multiple fcs and each one buy a plot, not sure what the fix is honestly.
    I meant as far as the same FC/characters. If people are wanting to effectively go through the trouble of making another character AND either playthrough/pay for a boost, and then spend the time moving your money over to said other character, going and putting money down on a house and (Especially now) winning the lottery, then sure, the person is free to do it.

I honestly think that's more than enough hoops for the fact that you're not going to get a huge amount of people doing it out of the mega desperate/whales.

Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    You can have multiple chars make multiple fcs and each one buy a plot, not sure what the fix is honestly.
    I'm fairly certain you can't anymore. I thought it was a maximum of one private, one FC house per account/server or did I get that wrong?.
    Of course there's still people who got theirs before the rule and have been grandfathered in. And people with separate accounts, but the latter you can't really do anything about.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    It's a LOT of work to create such a mod, even if you can re-use assets and ideas from other IP. So I kinda understand paying a small fee for it.
    Generally though, I'm not fond of clothing mods. The knowledge that others do not see my character as I do is immersion breaking for me.
    I think charging for it is a reasonable ask given the amount of work and time goes into these kinds of things. My question is more whether they're ALLOWED to do that, not just mod wise since SE has outright said mods are a no-no, but legally.

In the same vein as seeing merchants on the road side selling their hand made goods. I have no issues with them charging for it, and have bought things from them before, but legally they're not allowed to do business without a license or in that area, or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I think charging for it is a reasonable ask given the amount of work and time goes into these kinds of things. My question is more whether they're ALLOWED to do that, not just mod wise since SE has outright said mods are a no-no, but legally.
    Normally, mods and fan-made machinima fall under the "fair use" clause but I do know that people got sued by Blizzard, that went too far (Big Patreon account, basically making their living by creating adult animations).

So, I think it depends on the "how much". If a modder needs very expensive programs like 3DSmax to design the mods that he could not afford otherwise, I think it's okay. If he starts making a profit, that's where the line is crossed. Definitely a legal grey area, with a lot of wiggle room.

On the topic of these awesome and harmless mods. I find Dalamut's Weatherman almost irreplaceable experience at this point. Clear and sunny skies in every zone I visit. I might sometimes switch to fog in Gridania themed places if I'm in a mood for it. What really is amazing about Weatherman and other color enhancement mods is having things like permanent night in U'ldah with enhanced ambience/lighting and no more OG bleached colors any longer. God it warms my heart so much.

You can truly never go back to normal after seeing how good things can get. My other favorites are Viera hats and tail removals, and of course some well deserving NSFW. Since we all here are consenting adults (including your digital avatar), NSFW mods are great for targeted parties <3

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I don't understand the problem with the Hildebrand quests. I did the ARR version, didn't laugh once watching all the cutscenes, and then did every other Hildebrand quest in a few hours skipping cutscenes. Don't even know why I did them, more because everyone seemed to think they were the height of comedy.

Nothing in the world has made me more convinced that gamers have shitty taste than the Hildebrand quests. It falls in the same line of people who think FFXIV's story is the best story every told when it's derivative and tropey at best.
    You're a fucking moron. Not for not enjoying the Hildebrand quests, though. You're a fucking moron for assuming anyone gives a fuck about your low opinion of other gamers who DID enjoy it, and a fucking moron for throwing condescension on the gamers who have gotten a great deal of enjoyment from the MSQ. MUCH MORE intelligent people than you have remarked about how well the story and many of its characters are written. You expose yourself as an asshole when you make thoughtless remarks like that. You're not as clever as you think you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    On the topic of these awesome and harmless mods. I find Dalamut's Weatherman almost irreplaceable experience at this point. Clear and sunny skies in every zone I visit. I might sometimes switch to fog in Gridania themed places if I'm in a mood for it. What really is amazing about Weatherman and other color enhancement mods is having things like permanent night in U'ldah with enhanced ambience/lighting and no more OG bleached colors any longer. God it warms my heart so much.

You can truly never go back to normal after seeing how good things can get. My other favorites are Viera hats and tail removals, and of course some well deserving NSFW. Since we all here are consenting adults (including your digital avatar), NSFW mods are great for targeted parties <3
    While I know that Amnamnesis can freeze the weather/daytime, I don't think you can "fix" the weather when it comes to things like weather depending fishing though.

For the whitewash, I've been using Re-Shade (formerly sweet-FX) since the early Heavensward days. Agreed, impossible to go back to stock. :'D

You know what the best part of the NSFW body mod is? NO MORE PERMANENTLY GLUED ON SHOES! Kitty can finally relax in bed after an arduous day of running around w/o heels. Having an anatomically correct character when taking a bath is just a bonus. Really, the shoes were the driving force that led me to mods.... and no: I do not have a foot fetish. It was just a design decision that bugged me beyond belief. *chuckles*

BTW: Trashmobs can be pretty darn scary when you start posing them.... I feel that they are somewhat underappreciated, considering we nuke packs in a few seconds.

No worries, they were professional stunt dogs, kitty has not been harmed.
    But one gets to imagine what a wipe might look like if the screen didn't graciously fade to black.... look at these teeth, sheesh!!
    Last edited by Granyala; 2022-07-21 at 10:13 AM.

Oh dear this is almost too good of a shot. I'm surely saving it for educational and recreational purposes. I'm glad you are having fun.

Thanks for sharing.

There needs to be a mod to pose geysers of blood squirting out of an artery or throat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Oh dear this is almost too good of a shot. I'm surely saving it for educational and recreational purposes. I'm glad you are having fun.

Thanks for sharing.
    Haha.. it's just a quicky pose after I found out that I could load and pose enemy mobs in Amnamnesis a well.
    It is a lot of fun but it also takes hours to make a complete pose that looks realistic and good from all angles.

It is cool that you can place NPCs you like anywhere you want, even in your own house.

Sure isn't easy to be small!

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    There needs to be a mod to pose geysers of blood squirting out of an artery or throat.
    I'm sure something could be arranged *chuckles*. Then we just add tormented screams, the sound of tearing flesh and breaking bones.

I do wonder how serious people would take wiping if their favorite character visually got torn to shreds.
    I wouldn't touch dungeons with a 10 foot pole if my dear Ifalna had to suffer that much. :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    skip
    That's also my main reason for bibo+ - no shoes glued.