Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    They added Tuskarr with tits. There are just some races they decide don't make sense to have female bodies, like Sethrak and Jinyu.

Dracthyr prove that they don't have to have tits to be playable, so this is a non-issue.
    I guess it should apply to reptilian races, since they don't have udders. But, a Hyena should definitely have them.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleWhiskey View Post
    It's the Disneyfication of everything. They're making wow for the kids of the players now, and the kids will grow up to be a bunch of wimps. I grew up with WC2, hence why to me all this new artstyle is a travesty.
    Exactly.
    One example is removing the word "bitch" from Garrosh because one of the developers' kid was playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Given they're based on Hyena's it makes sense. Female hyenas have generally evolved to be as masculine as possible due to how competitive their females are. Effectively, they're bred to blend in, so other females don't kill them.
    Dude, in real life, female Hyenas have a bigger shlong than males.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Look how they massacred my boy!

Seriously, I usually love when they update models. The WoD/Legion demons, the updated kodo mounts, the new nightsabers..... what were they thinking turning the gnolls into fucking Disney puppies???

This guy eat bones, man, not Scooby Snacks!
    You guys took Gnolls way to seriously...lol, I always thought they were dumb Hyenas like that from the Lion King lol

Quote Originally Posted by AppleWhiskey View Post
    Exactly. I don't know who spearheads AR but HOTS is Samwise Didier himself, one of the if not the last artists who's been there since the beginning and has created so many iconic characers and models.

That's why every time you'd see a new character introduced in HOTS it would look so faithful to its IP. I can't think of a single example that made me think "wtf they got this so wrong!!!".

These guys grew up with D&D, rock and roll, action movies and "violent" tv shows. They just made what they knew was cool and everyone loved it.
    Nowadays the lead artists are people with 15 arm tattoos, 12 nose piercings, update their facebook status to the flavor of the month "thing to be offended about" and care more about the amount of vacation days they get than what the hell they're doing.

And that leads us to today's so called "new" Hogger model.

But in an age where they want to make female space marines because apparently 40k doesn't have female representation, what do you expect?
    I mean, all these things seem to work out, both in terms of being able to persue a higher education and archieve a career in the gaming industry and in terms of relationships, considering that we never see this kinds of people forming a movement about being involuntarily celibate. While more often than not, life doesn't work out sooo well for the people who know whats cool and get offended by the disney stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    You guys took Gnolls way to seriously...lol, I always thought they were dumb Hyenas like that from the Lion King lol
    If the hyenas from Lion King stood upright, wore clothes, and held crude weapons... so... nothing like the Lion King Hyenas. :P

I would hold the actual hyenas in WoW more closer to the Lion King Hyenas :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-07-21 at 06:07 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    I mean, all these things seem to work out, both in terms of being able to persue a higher education and archieve a career in the gaming industry and in terms of relationships, considering that we never see this kinds of people forming a movement about being involuntarily celibate. While more often than not, life doesn't work out sooo well for the people who know whats cool and get offended by the disney stuff.
    i have no idea what your first sentence was supposed to say

as for your second i can barely guess

we're talking about iconic blizzard art styles and the artists that created them and you're talking about incels

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    If the hyenas from Lion King stood upright, wore clothes, and held crude weapons... so... nothing like the Lion King Hyenas. :P

I would hold the actual hyenas in WoW more closer to the Lion King Hyenas :P
    Oi' we got ourselves a smartass over here lol
    Talking about their personalities, they're dumb. I find Gnolls dumb,goofy,pest, minor annoyances..just like the Hyenas in Lion King
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2022-07-21 at 06:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talking about their personalities, they're dumb. I find Gnolls dumb,goofy,pest, minor annoyances..just like the Hyenas in Lion King
    I wouldn't call them dumb, those poor things... goofy yes, pesky yes. But there is one thing Gnolls are not, and thats cute. Unless you are one of those weird types.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Because they want to fuck them.
    I mean you know the gnolls will now be in all the Warcraft-based sex games.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean you know the gnolls will now be in all the Warcraft-based sex games.
    You mean they werent before?

And they don't need to be more than that. For better or for worse. They don't need to be more dangerous or more vicious, but they also don't need to be more relatable. The whole point of a MMO is that threats come in all forms and sizes. Gnolls capture one specific niche and they do it well. They're a nuisance and when they congregate more like in Redridge, they become a threat. But they're not plotting world-domination (or maybe they do and they overestimate their chances). Likewise, they also don't need to be a tragic misunderstood antagonist either. It would be okay if there's a few gnolls on that track, like that pacifist Ogre in Cataclysm, but beyond that, there's no need to revamp a particular species into something else when it already does the thing it needs to do so well.

5+ Year Old Account
    fuck you op suck my big tasty cook you furry ass bitch i hope you gonna get cancer

Needs armor too aswell as needing the old skin color.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    No, I don't think it has much to do with the lower polygon count/limited tech that they had in the old days.
    Art style is art style regardless.

You can see this with some of the remastered games which are praised for being true to the art style of the older game. People will say things like, "This is exactly how 6 year old me imagined this game looked!!!"

I think it's just the WoW team changing their art direction slowly over the years. Not sure why everything looks all plastic-like in the modern day of gaming though. Like the update hyena's snout looks like it's just plastic.
    I'd be curious to see if it was due to an exec decision to discuss potential toys. Afterall, Blizzard owns Skylanders right? Food for thought on why things might start to look toy-ified.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    I'd be curious to see if it was due to an exec decision to discuss potential toys. Afterall, Blizzard owns Skylanders right? Food for thought on why things might start to look toy-ified.
    You cracked the case, Scooby! Those darned execs would've got away with it, too, if weren't for us meddling forum posters and our ability to construct elaborate conspiracy theories from thin air extremely potent detective skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    You cracked the case, Scooby! Those darned execs would've got away with it, too, if weren't for us meddling forum posters and our ability to construct elaborate conspiracy theories from thin air extremely potent detective skills.
    Or just pay attention to journalism

https://www.well-played.com.au/arcli...t-mobile-game/

Also, "I'd be curious to see" means "must be fact"
    Last edited by wushootaki; 2022-07-22 at 09:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendraeg View Post
    It kinda makes sense. It looks like, to me at least, that they're redoing the models to make them rig-able with the same armor and gear as player models. I'm in agreement about the faces for the gnolls (I mean, really, they're hyenas, not chihuahuas), but the updated models are a good thing for greater flexibility, which their engine sorely needed.
    Except that it's not wearing player armor, so it has the same issues as the old models, while looking nothing like them.

Someone at some point said that gnolls didn't look like actual hyenas and instead of accepting that Warcraft gnolls have a unique, established design, decided to make their own, despite it being inconsistent with their other products (HotS, Rumble, Hearthstone, official artwork, comics...).

the new model is way too cute

messed with it for 5 mins in photoshop
    must say it was pretty fun

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NaNaaru View Post
    messed with it for 5 mins in photoshop
    must say it was pretty fun

That's a huge improvement!

I like that u made the head more massive, not the child-like fox head blizz made...

Good ol' Hogger...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post

I found this. Much, much better than I could do and fixes all the problems perfectly.
    daymn! that's savage

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I like that u made the head more massive, not the child-like fox head blizz made...
    idk why but recently blizz art team is making some weird decisions on head/upper body proportions