Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleWhiskey View Post
    it goes much deeper than that...read between the lines with everything else that's happening in the game and the world....connect the dots...it's not hard

- - - Updated - - -

Phenomenal. Nailed the face and body, just fix the armor model and it's 100% improvement
    Nah dude. Hogger's new fucking model isn't proof of 4chan's latest unsourced conspiracy theory. This culture war bullshit really needs to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    1.) I do not like furries and 2.) This is straight up conspiratorial thinking. You're drawing connections where none exist. And most importantly, 3.) Even if the connection did exist, who the fuck cares? Oh no. A furry designed an anthropomorphic character in a MMO, better get Ben Shapiro on the line so he can remind everybody how degenerate "these people" are.
    I'm not suggesting you like furries, I simply was pointing out that it's a matter of design, not culture. Secondly, there is a connection—for one, the artist who designed the Dracthyr's model was actually a furry artist (and admittedly a fairly good one—I actually think the 2d art looks really good. Their 3d art seems to be of a different style and vastly lower character design quality than their 2d art). This, of course, does not strictly suggest the Gnoll model was designed by furries, but the neotenous character design is very in-line with furry art. Finally, I'm not saying it's inherently bad that there may have been furries involved, simply that there is a furry-esque character design trend that I think just doesn't fit World of Warcraft's preexisting design tendencies at all and which I think constitutes bad character design for some creatures (such as Gnolls).

Please do not assume I have a political motive—I really don't. My political opinions are hugely out of the standard for the western world and the whole culture war can be very silly. I don't particularly like the furry culture (nothing against the people in themselves, I just find it creepy), but I'm not assuming some kind of insidious conspiracy is going on in Blizzard—I'm simply saying that the new art direction isn't particularly good, clashes with the preexisting style, and that I find it awkward and it also doesn't appeal to me as a matter of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Nah dude. Hogger's new fucking model isn't proof of 4chan's latest unsourced conspiracy theory. This culture war bullshit really needs to die.
    You're right, it does, the problem is the new blizzard keeps instigating it and pissing off its longtime fans who came to WoW with the WC1, 2 and 3 background, as well as the original WoW up to WOTLK/BC.

Covering women's breasts in paintings with images of fruit, removing male/female sexes, turning white NPCs into black NPCs, pushing a thinly veiled narrative that pelagos is trans are just some more examples that come to mind.
    The second and third I'll grant you as trying to appease public consumers (though this doesn't suggest an internal conspiracy, just responsive marketing and somewhat bad priorities), whereas the first is a response to a specific event and is a matter of reconciling with the public, though not particularly effectively. The Pelagos issue I think is a matter of a specific writer—these suggest responsiveness to a different market, but nothing to indicate an internal conspiracy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    She would have no influence at all she’s was an outside contractors not even working at blizzard proper.
    That's what I was saying—the question was rhetorical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread isn't about furries or unrelated political tweets, let's return to the actual topic of discussion.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    The second and third I'll grant you as trying to appease public consumers (though this doesn't suggest an internal conspiracy, just responsive marketing and somewhat bad priorities), whereas the first is a response to a specific event and is a matter of reconciling with the public, though not particularly effectively. The Pelagos issue I think is a matter of a specific writer—these suggest responsiveness to a different market, but nothing to indicate an internal conspiracy.
    I don't even label it as a conspiracy, just as a group of people who've taken control through the entire woke decade that's been 2010 onward and are now wasting everyone's time and patience with an attitude that is unbecoming of the game's themes, atmosphere and story, which keep eroding under their guidance.

I don't even label it as a conspiracy, just as a group of people who've taken control through the entire woke decade that's been 2010 onward and are now wasting everyone's time and patience with an attitude that is unbecoming of the game's themes, atmosphere and story, which keep eroding under their guidance.
    I'd love to continue talking about this, buuuuut ...

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This thread isn't about furries or unrelated political tweets, let's return to the actual topic of discussion.

Yikes. Looks way too cartoonish, even for Wow's standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The topic of discussion is "Hogger: WHAT THE FUCK".

In order to understand "what the fuck", you need to determine the root causes that have gotten us here.
    Some of these causes are determined by investigating the personalities and beliefs of the artists, which are sometimes revealted through their tweets and personal tendencies.

I doubt Samwise Didier, Chris Metzen and Jason Lee dressed up as blue tigers and proclaimed that all men are evil, if you see where I'm going.

Body type 1 Hogger

It's not about being anthropomorphic, Gnolls have been anthropomorphic since the start, alongside many other creatures.
    Nah.

They were originally a hybrid of gnomes and trolls (hence their name, which itself came from a poem/story about mythological 'gnoles') and looked like tall but hunched-over goblinoids when they were first introduced in D&D. But Gygax and co. quickly realized how dumb that was, so they 'improved' the concept by giving them a form of hyena lycanthropy. Because, you know, that's just how those guys operated.

It was only then that they evolved into what most people think of as gnolls as more books and editions came out; a race of anthropomorphic hyena-men.

Then Blizzard came along and stole all of their ideas from D&D and Warhammer, leaving people like yourself thinking that they were the original creators of those ideas.
    Last edited by Rocksteady 87; 2022-07-28 at 12:49 PM.

This is what happens when you hire a bunch of people with no skill but based on race and other stuff.l that isn't relevant to good design.

You get this lame cookie cutter Disney trash, this looks like some furry trash

He's too pretty lol

Quote Originally Posted by Varly View Post
    He's too pretty lol
    Agreed, looks like he'd perfectly blend in to today's animated movies.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    Body type 1 Hogger
    Do we ever saw Gnolls of body type 2? pink furr or dress and long hair.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

My problem is that lot of these new models look playdoughy and lack the grit that's often been part of Warcraft artstyle.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Shit some one should probably tell blizzard they are doing it wrong adding male blood elf and female humans to the drac’s when they aren’t suppose to know what male and female is, not to mention the new tuskar, centaur, and giant models.
    Except they aren't? Please show me where they added what you claim and I'll direct you to the fact that they are exactly what the person you quoted said. You are wrong and the person you quoted is absolutely correct or did you miss that update?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Except they aren't? Please show me where they added what you claim and I'll direct you to the fact that they are exactly what the person you quoted said. You are wrong and the person you quoted is absolutely correct or did you miss that update?
    Centaur
    https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...al/1067541.jpg
    https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...al/1067549.jpg

Giant
    https://media.wowdb.com/renders/creature100218.jpg
    https://media.wowdb.com/renders/creature100328.jpg

Tuskar
    https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...al/1067875.jpg
    https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...al/1067878.jpg
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shit some one should probably tell blizzard they are doing it wrong adding male blood elf and female humans to the drac’s when they aren’t suppose to know what male and female is, not to mention the new tuskar, centaur, and giant models.
    Why are they not supposed to know? What did I miss?
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Why are they not supposed to know? What did I miss?
    What male and female is and that all model's as all model's are suppose to be genderless.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.