Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    That statue costs more than my car.. ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    Apparently riot has their own issues.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...arassment-case
    Everyone has issues. The difference is Blizzard molests their employees and drive them to suicide, then sell shitty statues for 1100 to cover legal expenses.

The Reinhardt statue is pretty awesome looking. Not worth $1100 dollars, but definitely pretty sweet looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winoralu View Post
    That statue costs more than my car.. ouch
    I miss cheap cars. My dad bought a 1992 check cavalier for 200 bucks when I was 15 or so to teach me how to drive and do basic car maintenance. Good luck buying a car door for 200 bucks these days...

10+ Year Old Account
    People thinking Blizzard is the reason the statue is 1100 dollars.

Cute.

I'm sure the same people think that a Tesla is so expensive because Elon Musk is a piece of shit.

I think the bigger issue with the statue isn't necessarily the price on its own, but whether there's even a market for the statue in conjunction with the price. I'm not too connected to the OW crowd, but if it's anything like the current WoW crowd you'll have a hard time moving the product. Maybe the price is higher because they know they'll move less product than they would have in the past? Similar mindset to servicing/targeting whales in your gaming community... wouldn't be surprised if that was their angle now.

Even die-hard fans and collectors have a limit to how much they'll pay for something. If the statue was a couple hundred dollars, I wouldn't have a hard time seeing the statues being sold even with everything's that going on within Blizz, economic issues in varying regions, etc. It's a nice statue, but it's probably priced out of the range of most people who would want to buy the statue. There's similar products with different IPs that get crowd-funded or sold at a fraction of this price. Even if it's reasonably priced based upon the commission rates, supply issues, inflation, and what not, that doesn't mean it'll sell at their demanded price if there literally isn't a demand for the statue.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2022-07-22 at 08:07 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

They wanted to pair WoTLK announcement with a different cash shop item since this one was hyped by the beta.

I would never spend that much, but they are hand painted. That adds significant cost. I imagine this is a limited run item.

The sheer incompetence of these Classic devs continues to impress.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    The sheer incompetence of these Classic devs continues to impress.
    A private server would handle this better, and they have for years. All I wanted was a server where there wasn't a threat of the admin going insane and deleting everything or getting taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleWhiskey View Post
    Oh nice, maybe we'll finally get the feature announced 6 expansions ago

Maybe we'll finally get those new dances that was advertised at the 2007 blizzcon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2IvDjY3CtQ (2:30)

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    A private server would handle this better, and they have for years. All I wanted was a server where there wasn't a threat of the admin going insane and deleting everything or getting taken down.
    A retarded monkey could have handled this whole project better than these clowns.

They took an epic 120 v 120 server battle and turned it into a cross-realm 40v40 boring, bland, generic battleground.

Who in the literal *^%*&^ is paying 1100 for that?

Also September 26 can't get here soon enough, I'm bored out of my mind right now.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    Everyone has issues. The difference is Blizzard molests their employees and drive them to suicide, then sell shitty statues for 1100 to cover legal expenses.
    You didn't click on the link did you? riot was (and some say still are) molesting there employee's just like blizzard.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Christerpher View Post
    Who in the literal *^%*&^ is paying 1100 for that?
    Somebody with a.) $1,100 of disposable income to spend on limited production collectible and more than likely also b.) understands that it'll be worth tenfold twofold what it is currently in about 25 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    You didn't click on the link did you? riot was (and some say still are) molesting there employee's just like blizzard.
    Honestly, one could argue Riot's situation was worse since it was the fucking CEO themselves in the hotseat.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-07-23 at 12:49 AM. Reason: it has been brought to my attention that the word 'tenfold' is too optimistic for this hopelessly cynical community.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I mean, 1100 Dollars for a statue? I could 3D print one for like pennies on that dollar
    I'd be interested. Can you post a photo when you printed one?

so community, how do you feel now that another community not affiliated with your server now controls your servers VA raid. if those servers arent good at pvp and never have control, the server imbalance will worsen as most will flock to what faction controls WG the most. so what happens when an alliance and horde each from the same server, que up in different instances and both lose WG. how is that represented on their server? leave servers to fend for themselves. if servers are dying allow them to transfer for free and not to other low pop servers that just delays the inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I'd be interested. Can you post a photo when you printed one?
    "Mom, I want the $1,100 Reinhardt statue!!!"

Mom: We've got Reinhardt statue at home.

I used to collect high quality statues (like the big sideshow x-men stuff) back when I had the disposable income (and space) to do so (granted by "collect" I have like..5 and I paid in installments). Prices have gone up across the board $1100 is not surprising but also 10 years ago that same statue would have cost $600 give or take. I think the most expensive one I got was $550.

I'm not going to blame blizzard for this one. It's an issue for collectable statues in general across almost all brands.

Oh yeah it's Games Workshop time