10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Testiculos View Post
    [IMG]https://i.redd.it/9fpurn8nrpb91.png[G]
    There's a suspiciously Chaos Dwarf sized hole south of Grimgor

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why they have moved Manfred von carstein so far south, is it just to spread out the vampire count factions?

Was his starting position any different in mortal empires to this or to what it was in the original game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    I don't understand why they have moved Manfred von carstein so far south, is it just to spread out the vampire count factions?

Was his starting position any different in mortal empires to this or to what it was in the original game?
    WDYM? He started in Sylvania since WH1, they never moved him. Lorewise he spent plenty of time in Nehekhara, so his new starting position fits. It's a great gameplay change, too, since Vlad/Isabella and Mannfred campaigns were virtually the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

While not on the level of Khorne warriors, this simple kitbash with unique armaments and helmets looks so much better. Why CA. Why couldnt you do it from the start. Were they that much pressured to release the game?

Its simply to spread it out, in Mortal empires both VC and Carstein start right next to eachother.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

It was mostly because the start positions for VC lords were just awkward. Mannfred started in Drakenhof, and Vlad+Isa started literally next door and had every interest to steal it from him as fast as possible, you could do it turn 2 or 3 pretty easily even and from there you basically played the same way Mannfred plays except your capital was some shithole instead of the actual capital of Sylvania.

Now Vlad and Isa have Drakenhof and Manny is off in Nehekara looking for eldritch lore, which is consistent with is background. They said he's going to have a special mechanic to collect books of Nagash before Tomb Kings or Volkmar do. This will all make his campaign far more unique.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

East side of the map is looking really empty and Southlands has overtaken Lustriabowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    East side of the map is looking really empty and Southlands has overtaken Lustriabowl.
    Yeah, for a region that's a footnote in lore Southlands looks to be the most savage of all battlefields in WH3. Could explain why Skarbrand landed there, he took one look at other people's start positions and went off to have some fun destroying skellies and punting stunties.

Mountains of Mourn and Darklands look really empty, even more than in Realm of Chaos. Chaos Dwarfs will fix the latter to a large extent but MoM aren't much of a fertile ground for new LLs and will probably stay barebones, unlike say Cathay which will definitely fill up as DLCs come. TBH I'd have put Skrag in the northern Mountains myself instead of inserting him in Tilea which is already quite the hotly contested zone even before Dogs of War drop, if they do.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Yeah, even accounting for the Chaos Dwarfs the East is going to be the most empty part of the map at this rate.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The east is pretty obviously going to be populated by Chorfs, Cathay DLC (although I hope they send a dragon somewhere else for variety though) and a Tzeentch LL. don't forget the ogres have their icy unit dlc to come as well.

It's mostly for start variety but it's also because
    1. Vlad never really existed outside of Sylvania and his war with the empire so it makes no sense to move him; and;
    2. Manlett has two TT minis. Count Manlett who represents his tenure as the head of the VCs in Drakenhoff and Acolyte Manlett which is his student days roaming around. His new position is clearly a wink to the latter.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

List of changes to some of the older races for IE.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/twwh3-ie-race-updates/

Alas for lizardmen geomantic web still isn't fixed, even though they acknowledge its an issue and 'hope' to fix it at some point. Slann are getting barriers like tzeentch though.

Stunties still getting shafted, though I guess they are getting a complementary rework when spiky stunties come out.

The others are getting updates as well for IE, those are just the first they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Stunties still getting shafted, though I guess they are getting a complementary rework when spiky stunties come out.
    What do you want them to change?

Their units already have magic resistance baseline, they are basically set for WH3 by default.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    What do you want them to change?

Their units already have magic resistance baseline, they are basically set for WH3 by default.
    Their roster is fine, I guess, they have 99 problems but roster isn't one. My issue is with their campaign map performance, they are borderline unplayable on legendary. Terrible early game economy, expensive units, low growth, public order problems, near-zero post-battle cash, combined with enemies on all sides... So you have to turtle, except the enemies include orks that will Waaagh your ass with 40-60 units on turn 20 after either Wurrzag or Grimgor confederate half of the Badlands. These are all thematic issues for stunties, but in-game they are just crippling.

I'm referring here to Thorgrim/Grombrindal campaign, Thorek is definitely easier on account of starting in a more defensible area and being a runelord (another issue, they only have 1 proper lord type and 1.5 relevant agents). Haven't played Ungrim, but I imagine he is way easier, since he doesn't really have strong enemies early, just has to deal with Azhag and he can roll down south. But they still suffer from all the issues Thorgrim is minus Waaagh bomb on turn 20.

It's not really going to get easier for Thorgrim in IE, Grimgor may be moving out, but that just means Wurrzag will have more factions to confederate, and Skarsnik and Tretch are moving in right on to his doors.

Love the change that you can now upgrade troops after gaining experience like going marauder to chaos warrior to chosen etc etc no more disbanding troops, well not like before anyway.

Just hope they add that for all factions like going empire swordsman to greatswords and so on.

Kinda like bannerlords troops trees.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Yea, they just wanted to spread them out. When WH1 and Mortal Empires were first released all the Vampires had the same start location, except Vlad and Isabella who where literally next door.

Then CA moved Heinrich Kimmler to the Grey Mountains, and his campaign is much more fun now.

Moving Manfred to the Southlands makes a lot of sense since he has a hard on for Nagash it seems. Vlad and Isabella are going to start in Drakenhof.

Helman Ghorst may get frickin rolled where he starts, but at least he has a different start point than Manfred and might actually get played.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Love the change that you can now upgrade troops after gaining experience like going marauder to chaos warrior to chosen etc etc no more disbanding troops, well not like before anyway.

Just hope they add that for all factions like going empire swordsman to greatswords and so on.

Kinda like bannerlords troops trees.
    Right now this is only for Chaos+Vassal troops, isn't it?
    I think it should remain that way.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Right now this is only for Chaos+Vassal troops, isn't it?
    I think it should remain that way.
    Yeah comes with the Azazel dlc/lord i think.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Their roster is fine, I guess, they have 99 problems but roster isn't one. My issue is with their campaign map performance, they are borderline unplayable on legendary. Terrible early game economy, expensive units, low growth, public order problems, near-zero post-battle cash, combined with enemies on all sides... So you have to turtle, except the enemies include orks that will Waaagh your ass with 40-60 units on turn 20 after either Wurrzag or Grimgor confederate half of the Badlands. These are all thematic issues for stunties, but in-game they are just crippling.
    They need to normalise (or at least buff the game one factions) post-battle options, not having the option to replenish after battle is absolutely crippling for blitzkrieg campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    They absolutely won't. Gameplay wise it's WoC special mechanic and thematically it's meant to represent getting blessed by the dark gods. There's always hope for mods though depending on how they spaghetti coded it.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?