Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    That's an issue of won't, not can't.

- - - Updated - - -

You forgot heroic raids in your list of things that are casual. Hell, by the end of most tiers, even mythic raid is at least semi-casual.
    How the hell do you call heroic raiding casual? You literally have to set aside a huge chunk of time for it, often on a schedule. Heck m+ is even more playable casually if you ignore the fact that you can't get into groups because of raider.io.

Everything except mythic raiding is for casuals in this game. Every other content is literally so easy, that you can do them with very little time investment and skill. You can also raid mythic with very little time invested, if you have the skill to compensate.

People mix for example raiding as something that is "not casual" because it requires you to be online at certain times. But that is what every group activity in the world requires, casual doesn't mean playing group content when it best fits you. It's not a single player game.
    Last edited by facefist; 2022-07-23 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    How the hell do you call heroic raiding casual? You literally have to set aside a huge chunk of time for it, often on a schedule. Heck m+ is even more playable casually if you ignore the fact that you can't get into groups because of raider.io.
    Raid heroic a few hours a week
    It's not a huge chunk of time and there are people who do it without a schedule

Time management is a useful skill especially with hobbies. Most people who claim not to have time likely spend hours binging Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Raid heroic a few hours a week

Time management is a useful skill especially with hobbies. Most people who claim not to have time likely spend hours binging Netflix.
    Or really long commutes

I'm pretty sure i can clear heroic faster on a monday afternoon with a full PuG group than i can clear LFR (queue time included) on Primetime on tuesday/wednesday (depending on region). No schedule required. Just dedication. But i guess that's something most "casuals" (by the terms of this forum) don't have.

Huge chunk of time? You can literally do HC with one 3hour raid/week, and clear it before next tier hits. And that is with a bad group. With skilled group you will do it in 1-4 weeks, depending on tuning.

Also why do people think that having a schedule means something is not casual? With that logic any group hobby is not casual. I mean I play football in a very casual manner but a schedule is a must so we get the people together..

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Its this new-age excuse, the casual term always moves around fitting the discussion, it doesnt matter what you actually do, people like him will always complain and move the "casual".

He literally tried to pull the "BUT YOU PLAY EVERY WEEK" argument now.

Apparently if you play 10 hours on the 3rd Saturday, you are a casual, but if you play 2 hours every Saturday for 4 Saturdays you arent a casual.

Its just lack of acceptance that some things arent how they think they are, but byproducts of their choices.
    In reality those "casual" players probably spend more time playing than others who do harder content, because they need to compensate skill with time. For example HC guilds do only up to HC because they don't have enough skill for mythic, but they use time as an excuse why they don't do mythic. Same applies for normal guilds and so on.

So to all non-mythic raiders out there: it's not time, it's just that you are not skilled enough.
    Last edited by facefist; 2022-07-23 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    In reality those "casual" players probably spend more time playing than others who do harder content, because they need to compensate skill with time. For example HC guilds do only up to HC because they don't have enough skill for mythic, but they use time as an excuse why they don't do mythic. Same applies for normal guilds and so on.

So to all non-mythic raiders out there: it's not time, it's just that you are not skilled enough.
    Things arent so black and white about everything, as i said, everything is a byproduct of choices, those people are still part of the 1%, and miles better than the rest.

I wont go into semantics, everyone is entitled to their opinion about others, as long as they remain realistic.

The same way all the self-proclaimed casuals on here, that arent casual, but bad at the game, the wannabe "Mythic Raidurs", that get CE after 3 wave nerfs or the 3/10 Mythic 9/10 HC for the first 3-4 months "Mythic Raidurs" with 9-12h/week raiding thinking they are hot shit arent much different.

Both are equally annoying in the end, mostly because the latter is risky as fuck, at least i know the bad are gonna be bad, why are this 8/10 Mythic/3k R.IO guys i just invited so terrible at the game in my weekly M+?
    Last edited by potis; 2022-07-23 at 01:10 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You think you speak for the 99%, you dont, you speak for a tiny % of an even smaller %, of an even smaller %, segregation of players is massive, there arent 2 categories, there are 2000 categories of players.
    I think he just speak for himself, like every single poster.

I don't envy people on Blizzard that search through feedback. Most discussions are completely chaotic, you can see random complains from people who didn't play since X years and often talk about issues that were resolved years ago (or were resolved, people hated it even more and reverted them back - for example PVP scalling) or just spew hateful comments that they don't want to play game made by rapists. Similar story when you look at content creators - either blind hype before expac or doomsaying/presenting current issues as make or break for game - whatever gives most clicks at the moment.

That's kinda key difference between casual and invested (because hardcore is wrong word here) people. No matter if it's mythic+, heroic raiding or farming rare for mount/transmog - if you do it on schedule, you're simply not casual.

So yeah, almost all content could be done by casuals, including M+20, heroic raiding and rated PVP below some insane levels. Anything that skilled player can hop in any time.

What people seems to confuse in this thread is difference between CASUAL player and SOLO player.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2022-07-23 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Or really long commutes
    45 miles one way 5 days a week
    Leave a couple hours early in the morning to make sure I'm not late

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Similar story when you look at content creators - either blind hype before expac or doomsaying/presenting current issues as make or break for game - whatever gives most clicks at the moment.

What people seems to confuse in this thread is difference between CASUAL player and SOLO player.
    Thats just the internet.

And no one is confusing anything, mmo-champion cant have any threads anymore cause its the same weirdo posters that come and infect it with their narrative, and every day its a different explanation of what is a casual, that fits the narrative of the certain discussion.

First it was everyone that plays at least once a week, 10 pages down its anyone that schedules anything, its laughable by now.

People just need to accept that the game plays a certain way and unluckily for them, its group content, it wont be converted to what they want and they should consume the content they want and unsub, without crying about it, the way any sensible human being would do and does.

But for me the funniest part is, how they claim "XX GAME DOES IT BETTER", but they are on the WoW fan forum, begging for their echo chamber to agree, cause they know that XX game is a pile of shit, whether its because of graphics or gameplay or something else, so they want the stability/smoothness and size of WoW to create the content they want out of thin air and discard 20 years of game genre being a "Gear chaser".
    Last edited by potis; 2022-07-23 at 01:42 PM.

Things arent so black and white about everything, as i said, everything is a byproduct of choices, those people are still part of the 1%, and miles better than the rest.

I wont go into semantics, everyone is entitled to their opinion about others, as long as they remain realistic.

The same way all the self-proclaimed casuals on here, that arent casual, but bad at the game, the wannabe "Mythic Raidurs", that get CE after 3 wave nerfs or the 3/10 Mythic 9/10 HC for the first 3-4 months "Mythic Raidurs" with 9-12h/week raiding thinking they are hot shit arent much different.

Both are equally annoying in the end, mostly because the latter is risky as fuck, at least i know the bad are gonna be bad, why are this 8/10 Mythic/3k R.IO guys i just invited so terrible at the game in my weekly M+?
    Yeah obviously by mythic raiders I mean the ones who clear the whole raid in M. Even after nerfs they are miles ahead any HC raider, because HC is simply easy and proper mythic guilds clear HC during first reset, whereas it takes months for HC guilds.

If you see someone raiding with active schedule and only kill HC bosses, you can be 99% sure that the person is not good at raiding.

Is this a thread where casual means" plays for a few hours a week" or is it " so utterly dumb the mere concept of cast 2 abilities overloads it mind".

I've seen casual be used for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    There are far superior games for the casual tribe.

ESO comes to my mind as the perfect game for casuals and hardcore crowd.

Its a superior game in every way.
    Is there a PvE gear path that revolves around running dungeons to get the best gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubim View Post
    Is there a PvE gear path that revolves around running dungeons to get the best gear?
    Its a scammy fake casual system game, but if it works for you, you might like it.

ESO its literally Skyrim online gameplay wise, you can sub and play the DLCs etc if you arent sure what you want to buy, for me that i played for a month, some parts didnt interest me, some others did so i played those while leveling and skipped others.

Until max level and decide to gear up and thats when the game is kinda eh, basically the best gear usually comes from the latest DLC dungeon(raid?), not because of the gear itself, but the set bonus apparently (Not sure this is 100% accurate, but basically following the written guides you tend to see it), usually there might be a mix of set bonuses, like 5 set item+ 2 set item, which you get the 2 set item from Daily Dungeon Quest, RNG god vendor, doing HC daily (You wont do it as i explain below) or spam Normal Daily Cleave down and roll every couple of days.

Problem is, the dungeons of the original game/first DLCs/leveling and their scaling is joke levels easy, i mean after we realized from the first dungeon we did while leveling, we literally rushed from entrance to <whatever boss locks the door> and cleaved down everything all together, its THAT pathetically easy at some dungeons, this while being level 20, in a level 20 dungeon.

This keeps happening even at the max level, the normal dungeons are literally braindead waste of time where you can get your non-heroic-non max ilvl gear even at the active/new DLC, unless there is an actual mechanic to do, then you are fucked.

Now why is this bad, cause the game has an upgrade system from professions, which you get 1 upgrade thingie every 2-3 days (daily profession quest) and you need like 10-12 for each item , therefor averagely 2 months for 3 items of doing dailies, i do think you can buy them from the auction house.

Or you could go and clear the HC version of the dungeon a few times, get lucky and get your ready dropped HC gear and be done with the game.

So basically the game is either, 1 week gameplay if you have friends or a group willing to learn to rush the dungeon down 10 times and be done with it, or collect upgrade crafting tokens for half a year.

Because of the above, the community is so insanely low skilled that any sort of actual mechanic is almost impossible even on the normal dungeons eventually, and forget about HC dungeons of the latest DLCs with a pug, A BOSS THAT HAS 3 MECHANICS? WHAT IS THIS, World of Warcraft? Of course we wipe !

Rest of that, is Quests, upon Quests, upon Quests, upon Housing, upon Housing, upon even more Housing.

It is not a very exciting endgame game if you understand what is going on, but its a very interesting Single Player experience + TBC mechanics.
    Last edited by potis; 2022-07-24 at 11:51 AM.

Its a scammy fake casual system game, but if it works for you, you might like it.

ESO its literally Skyrim online gameplay wise, you can sub and play the DLCs etc if you arent sure what you want to buy, for me that i played for a month, some parts didnt interest me, some others did so i played those while leveling and skipped others.

Until max level and decide to gear up and thats when the game is kinda eh, basically the best gear usually comes from the latest DLC dungeon(raid?), not because of the gear itself, but the set bonus apparently (Not sure this is 100% accurate, but basically following the written guides you tend to see it), usually there might be a mix of set bonuses, like 5 set item+ 2 set item, which you get the 2 set item from Daily Dungeon Quest, RNG god vendor, doing HC daily (You wont do it as i explain below) or spam Normal Daily Cleave down and roll every couple of days.

Problem is, the dungeons of the original game/first DLCs/leveling and their scaling is joke levels easy, i mean after we realized from the first dungeon we did while leveling, we literally rushed from entrance to <whatever boss locks the door> and cleaved down everything all together, its THAT pathetically easy at some dungeons, this while being level 20, in a level 20 dungeon.

This keeps happening even at the max level, the normal dungeons are literally braindead waste of time where you can get your non-heroic-non max ilvl gear even at the active/new DLC, unless there is an actual mechanic to do, then you are fucked.

Now why is this bad, cause the game has an upgrade system from professions, which you get 1 upgrade thingie every 2-3 days (daily profession quest) and you need like 10-12 for each item , therefor averagely 2 months for 3 items of doing dailies, i do think you can buy them from the auction house.

Or you could go and clear the HC version of the dungeon a few times, get lucky and get your ready dropped HC gear and be done with the game.

So basically the game is either, 1 week gameplay if you have friends or a group willing to learn to rush the dungeon down 10 times and be done with it, or collect upgrade crafting tokens for half a year.

Because of the above, the community is so insanely low skilled that any sort of actual mechanic is almost impossible even on the normal dungeons eventually, and forget about HC dungeons of the latest DLCs with a pug, A BOSS THAT HAS 3 MECHANICS? WHAT IS THIS, World of Warcraft? Of course we wipe !

Rest of that, is Quests, upon Quests, upon Quests, upon Housing, upon Housing, upon even more Housing.

It is not a very exciting endgame game if you understand what is going on, but its a very interesting Single Player experience + TBC mechanics.
    WoW! Thank you for the answer.

It is one of the reasons i like WoW so much is the current MYTHC+ for getting gear as high as Mythic Raiding and PvP Glad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubim View Post
    WoW! Thank you for the answer.

It is one of the reasons i like WoW so much is the current MYTHC+ for getting gear as high as Mythic Raiding and PvP Glad.
    Yeah, there everyone gets the same gear, if you are decent you can get it in a few days, if you arent, farm it over half a year by doing daily professions after getting it from Normal, it just might be best gear for Class 5, is from DLC 6, Class 6 best gear is from DLC 4, etc.

As i said, its a very oriented Single Player experience basically its like GW2, a great secondary MMO for when you want to play something different and semi-interesting Story Wise (depending what stories you like, i got "Ehh" from the vampire storylines, but i liked the dragon storylines as example) that is in the same genre as WoW during its droughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    Is this a thread where casual means" plays for a few hours a week" or is it " so utterly dumb the mere concept of cast 2 abilities overloads it mind".

I've seen casual be used for both.
    Honestly it depends on the poster
    The definition of hard core is just as well defined
    I guess putting aside a few hours on the weekend is equivalent to method now

Honestly it depends on the poster
    The definition of hard core is just as well defined
    I guess putting aside a few hours on the weekend is equivalent to method now
    Doing something casually is very well defined. Imagine you're dating a girl casually, does that mean that you're not invested or does it mean that you don't know where to stick it?

Casuals get to zoom zoom on the drag drag.. lfr, normal, dip toe into heroic? normal and heroic 5 mans.. maybe dip a toe into m+.. all the world content that anyone else is doing because I am sure their will be some sort of reps or something.. the profession thing is pretty casual time consuming.. bgs and stuff are pretty casual..

I mean truth is its most the game is there for casual players. Only the very tip top is hard to do very casually..

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Doing something casually is very well defined. Imagine you're dating a girl casually, does that mean that you're not invested or does it mean that you don't know where to stick it?
    well according to this thread if you schedule a date you are essentially married