Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Thumbs up The deletion of the sexes from the main character creation screen.

I don't see why it would be transphobic to keep them. Most trans people understand that people are born in 2 sexes and then they believe they can change their gender.
    Are the devs saying that in this case those types "1" and "2" are not even sexes? What are they then? Fluid amalgamations of combinations of elements of them?
    In that case they should do it correctly. Have penises and vagina options. The way it is now you sound as if you try to sexualize children's toys for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I don't see why it would be transphobic to keep them. Most trans people understand that people are born in 2 sexes and then they believe they can change their gender.
    Are the devs saying that in this case those types "1" and "2" are not even sexes? What are they then? Fluid amalgamations of combinations of elements of them?
    In that case they should do it correctly. Have penises and vagina options. The way it is now you sound as if you try to sexualize children's toys for no reason.
    It's not about Trans people in the slightest as they identify as the sex they choose you are pointing your finger at the wrong member of the LBGTQ+ community there and thats NOT a good start to your very ignorant post.

This is for non binary people and to help them feel more comftable in the game, This change fundamentally changes NOTHING and bringing it up as an issue shows you have an agenda of your own, so I will stop there and just let you know it's probably wise to request this thread be closed as it's controversial.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    It's not about Trans people in the slightest as they identify as the sex they choose you are pointing your finger at the wrong member of the LBGTQ+ community there and thats NOT a good start to your very ignorant post.

This is for non binary people and to help them feel more comftable in the game, This change fundamentally changes NOTHING and bringing it up as an issue shows you have an agenda of your own, so I will stop there and just let you know it's probably wise to request this thread be closed as it's controversial.
    Perfect and accurate response. BRAVO!

Who cares if i identify as a man but my genitals are different? and that's the most basic example of all of all the examples. If someone identify himself as an "ALPHA" male, that's good! u can do it by choosing your body, voice and appearance! and the best of it is that is only your business, no one else's. We are in 2022 and probably we should worry about important things and i don't think that worrying about my neighbor painting his nails blue it's one of them

i hvae better question: WHY should i care?
    honestly, this is only gonna be "on the eyes" while im creating characters, and even then i dont care if the label says "male" or "Body type 1" or "tyrisbfvdhjgvd"...
    ill pick option, LOOK AT IT, think "is this the option i want?" if yes i no longer even care and if not i click the other option...
    i agree pushing for agenda in all sorts of media is too much lately but this? this is such a non issue ffs...

- - - Updated - - -

pretty much this, its a "Benefit" to people, not many to be sure, but for the rest its absolutely non issue...
    i honestly believe if this wasnt brought up on forums (and other sites) 99% people wouldnt even notice it ingame (same goes for the changed paintings)
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-07-24 at 10:51 AM.

is for non binary people and to help them feel more comftable
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathos View Post
    Perfect and accurate response. BRAVO!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    pretty much this
    The fact nazis don't like the change, doesn't mean it would be "more nazi" to not change it.
    Extremism exists in both sides of the political spectrum.

then why remove them, why not just add a non binary option like most other games do?

tho lets just be reall blizz would just take the quicker and easier option of just deleting them, which imo is anti choice.

if i want to identify as male in this game i should get a choice, if i want to identify as female in this game i should get a choice, if i want to identify as non binary i should get a choice.

the choice of something is a good thing
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2022-07-24 at 11:07 AM.

I don't care very much, it's just kind of a pointless change to me. But it feels like they've backed themselves into a corner with it, to be sure. It's 100% misgendering by implication to disallow body type two from being fully topless when his pronouns are he/him.

I mean what does it truly matter? Its changing 2 words
    I mean Sure blizzard have done alot of questionable things in the past but some things they do are good. For example the Gay couple in the Ardenwelde quest. Other games would Ram the fact they are gay down your throat thinking it makes them Diverse. Blizzard did it right by making it a "Oh this is my Husband" and moved on. Made it seem more orangic.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    then why remove them, why not just add a non binary option like most other games do?
    This is the thing, nothing is being removed it's only being reworded.

If you want to be a female with female VO's and pronouns you still can, if you want to be male with male pronouns you still can.. Please Tell me whats being removed?

Again this is a rewording and most newer popular RPG's (Elden Ring) are doing this sort of thing these days to allow more freedom of expression, nothing is removed it's just reworded and people are falling on swords over that.

You will only see this rewording on the Character creation screen or in the Barbershop which is where you probably spend the least amount of time in the entire game, any other time you will be referred to as your preferred gender/pronouns you assigned your character upon Creation/Recustomisation.
    Last edited by Kiria; 2022-07-24 at 11:11 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    and here we go again. in before thread lock

I guess.

Imagine giving a fuck

Most reasonable people understand that male/female in the character creator refers to the genitalia/biology and not the gender. The gender doesn't exist in the character creator, it's a RPG so you can come up with whatever the fuck you want there.

But then again these people are anything but reasonable.

This is for non binary people and to help them feel more comftable in the game
    Male and female refer to sex, not identity. Nonbinary people were already free to apply whatever identity they wanted to their characters.

This is the thing, nothing is being removed it's only being reworded.

If you want to be a female with female VO's and pronouns you still can, if you want to be male with male pronouns you still can.. Please Tell me whats being removed?

Again this is a rewording and most newer popular RPG's (Elden Ring) are doing this sort of thing these days to allow more freedom of expression, nothing is removed it's just reworded and people are falling on swords over that.
    ah i see i misunderstood then, tho i got a feeling that PC is getting into absolutely everything.... (and if im wrong on that also well...)

Not every trans person agree with theses stupid changes please don’t target us

this is a game where you can play as a dwarf, an orc, a werewolf, goblin, etc. it doesn't have to be grounded in realism. BUT it doesn't hurt to add more options whether those options be from a fantasy perspective or from real world views
    some people who are gender neutral will prefer to be able to have their character be as well. these options are there for them and everyone else (after all I'm not a female fox warlock in real life either but it can be fun to be so in a game. I didn't have to join NASA to play Mass Effect either, fortunately). so long as these options are additions, which they are, there's nothing for anyone to get upset about
    the presence of gender neutral characters in your games is no more offensive than the presence of non-realistic characters like dragons, ghosts or trustworthy politicians

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    You will be able to choose your pronouns (he, she or they) at character creation. So no worries, genders still exist. And the cool thing - you will finally be able to make a bearded dwarf lady!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Im completely away from this debate, but i just find funny that people say "who cares? nothing of this matter!", well, if no one care, and nothing of this matter, why change in the first place? then of course it matters and some people care.

On that note, its obvious blizz is just doing it to score some twitter points, ask then fi they will let you freely change your body type, no, you have to buy it, what is gonna be called now, body change? it will look like a bad joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Im completely away from this debate, but i just find funny that people say "who cares? nothing of this matter!", well, if no one care, and nothing of this matter, why change in the first place? then of course it matters and some people care.

On that note, its obvious blizz is just doing it to score some twitter points, ask then fi they will let you freely change your body type, no, you have to buy it, what is gonna be called now, body change? it will look like a bad joke.
    This tbh.
    Schrödingers importance. It's both irrelevant and non-important but at the same time important and helpful.

If it's important to not be called male / female for non-binary I think it's fair that for binary people it's important to be called male and female.
    Personally I don't care either way, it's just fascinating to me that people care about this on either side of the coin and the bad arguments provided is just a bit of comedy.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

From my understanding, Blizzard has been turning women into fruit and into body#2, which means they are beneath men.

This is Blizzard's way of being "woke" by undermining women.