Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

[Movie] Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever

Looks amazing. After being let down by Ms. Marvel, Moonknight, and Thor, I think this movie will kick us back into the qualities of No Way Home and MVOM, WandaVision and Loki.

Also is that Killmonger?!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    I for one, am extremelly disappointed the next Black panther isn't going to be m'baku, my next pick was Killmonger, but i don't think they will do it.

I still hope they change the figurine from atlantis, those "wings" in his feet looks so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I still hope they change the figurine from atlantis, those "wings" in his feet looks so dumb.
    They look perfectly fine, and you should know better than to think they're going to change that iconic feature of the character after already deciding to put them in.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I for one, am extremelly disappointed the next Black panther isn't going to be m'baku, my next pick was Killmonger, but i don't think they will do it.

I mean they would have to resurrect Killmonger for that to happen. I thought it would be Shuri but the Queen does specifically say that all her family is gone; so that would include Shuri, yes? so she's either been killed or is missing (and comes back as BP)

10+ Year Old Account
    That black and gold suit is most certainly Killmonger's from the first film, doesn't mean it's him in it.

Which means one of three things if it's him in the suit:

1. They retcon his death at the end of 1, technically we never see him die as such, they could just have said he passed out and was shoved in a prison somewhere. Personally I reckon that's the lamest reason for it.

2. It's an afterlife scene, and we're only seeing his spirit.

3. Multiverse. Weird shit be happening as of late, no reason it's not an AU Killmonger.

Gonna struggle with this one, Chadwick's death is still a sore spot, and all the drama around someone playing the smartest scientist on earth is a RL antivaxx clown has me slightly soured on future BP's. If it weren't for Ayo in Falcon and the Winter Soldier continuing to be a BAMF, and the promise of Duke's M'baku getting much more screentime I'd have little motivation to see this in the cinema, and just wait for it to drop on D+
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Gonna struggle with this one, Chadwick's death is still a sore spot, and all the drama around someone playing the smartest scientist on earth is a RL antivaxx clown has me slightly soured on future BP's. If it weren't for Ayo in Falcon and the Winter Soldier continuing to be a BAMF, and the promise of Duke's M'baku getting much more screentime I'd have little motivation to see this in the cinema, and just wait for it to drop on D+
    yeah I wonder how they're going to do it. Given that Wright has reportedly been causing problems on set with her bullshit beliefs they probably don't want to cement her as BP for future projects. My guess is they will kill her off along with her brother, and M'Baku will reluctantly inherit the title

Doesn't feel like there's gonna be a Black Panther in this. It's more about his legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I mean they would have to resurrect Killmonger for that to happen. I thought it would be Shuri but the Queen does specifically say that all her family is gone; so that would include Shuri, yes? so she's either been killed or is missing (and comes back as BP)
    From what I've heard, Killmonger is alive iirc. Can't remember the reason off the top of my head because I'm exhausted right now (I want to say he takes over as Black Panther?), but this is Disney we're talking about. Shuri should still be around because of Ironheart, as well as her need to genetically reproduce the flowers that were supposedly all burned up. There's a lot more that's been leaked about the plot weeks ago (similar to Dr Strange 2 and Thor 4, which were all accurate in the end), I'm just too tired to remember all of it. Worst case, people can search for the leaks, they aren't necessarily hard to find nor verify if the source's leaks in the past have been accurate.

Regardless, this movie's probably going to perform similar to the original Black Panther if all the leaks are true: just a meh to okay movie at best, more of a dedication to Chadwick while will likely inflate its box office performance compared to other. Just from the shots in the trailer, it's likely going to have a lot of the similar issues when it comes to plot and logic unless things are very out of context.

All the Phase 4 Disney movies aside from NWH (which was technically Sony, but that's neither here nor there) have been underperforming and either may roughly break even or lose money (due to initial budget, advertising, theater cuts, load interest, etc. likely pushing their need to break $1bil to make any substantial profit nowadays), which is the theme of this phase thus far. This upcoming movie probably has a decent chance of making money, but it'll likely do it for the same reason the original Black Panther did despite being mediocre. There's far superior movies in the previous phases, and NWH is the only one that comes close despite all the movie's issues.

While I'd love to sit back and tell everyone "The MCU's back, baby!"... there's just no indication of it anytime soon, and this movie's probably not going to be an exception. Which is a shame since it'll guaranteed be dedicated to Chadwick. I think another theme of the Phase 4 movies will continue with Black Panther 2 as it has with all the movies and shows thus far: severely wasted potential. Disney is their own worst enemy right now, and as I've said earlier there's no signs of that changing anytime soon.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2022-07-24 at 07:44 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    If Killmonger is alive, I'd expect them to go the Illidan in WC3 storyline of "We're getting the shit kicked out of us, we need help" "What about him?" "Fuck no, we put that monster in prison for a reason"

Then we send someone deep underneath Wakanda to a cell where you see Michael B Jordan chained up by vibranium.

I would roll my eyes at the plot contrivance if I weren't so thrilled to see him back.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The end scene shows a Black Panther.
    Yeah but I mean as in "THE Black Panther". Like a leader for Wakanda.

I mean, whoever is wearing it, it’s the same suit.
    That looked like Kilmonger's suit though. Unless I'm not remembering correctly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man, Disney is gonna milk the hell out of Chadwicks death in this movie. So many people breaking in tears with the new trailer.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account

The wings are part of Namor's mutation, for sure they shouldn't change them lol.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

But not the same king.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Doesn't feel like there's gonna be a Black Panther in this. It's more about his legacy.
    Definitely going to be a Black Panther in it. It's pretty much a given who's taking up the mantle in the movie.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    If they did brought Agent coulson(?) back, i think the most powerful nation in the world can do as well. If isn't him i think its going to be meh

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    They look perfectly fine, and you should know better than to think they're going to change that iconic feature of the character after already deciding to put them in.
    Am i looking at Hermes or fucking Namor? lol, its funny that they changed so much by now and decided to keep something so dumb like wings on his feet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    The wings are part of Namor's mutation, for sure they shouldn't change them lol.
    Which is weird to me, cause the other blue people don't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    We literally get a shot of someone suited up at the end of the trailer.

Loved the trailer. Of course the movie is going to be sad, but I think they won't make it just about sadness. The music choice went from no woman no cry to everything's gonna be alright for a reason.

I'd really like for them to bring back Killmonger, if they do it right. I mean, he didn't actually die at the end of BP, T'challa explicitly told him, they had good enough medicine to save him. Killmonger said, he didn't want to live in chains but rather die. I wondered even at the time, if he even could die by only getting stabbed. I mean he was a Black Panther and that isn't just a suit. They could have worked something out with him and made him an agent of some sort, so he doesn't have to "live in chains".

I also loved the shot of Namor with the headdress.

I'm very much looking forward to this.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If they did brought Agent coulson(?) back, i think the most powerful nation in the world can do as well. If isn't him i think its going to be meh
    you do have a point there. we know he "died" did we ever see a funeral scene? or just his body with T'Challa?

It's not. Just because it has gold accents, doesn't make it the same suit.

This one has raised gold plates. His just glowed gold with that stored kinetic energy.

I am glad with the route they seem to be going with respect to Boseman's death. The last thing we needed was a CG stand-in...
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-07-24 at 02:54 PM.