Page 93 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I didn't even use the event, it was doable without it Anyway i'm leveling my Arcanist, damn if she's fun to play.
    Without the event, the fail rate is too high, like 85%.

I killed argos. Thanks to a P2W guy who did 60% damage in a 8man raid !
    I got 30 blood first week. After that 10 blood each week.
    That will take 5 weeks for a full set.

Nothing else will help me to progress.

It really is stupid easy to reach 1370 now in comparison to before Wednesday. Not just the honing chance buffs, but also for the massive reduction in mats. I understand that it goes back to being a shitshow again after 1370, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    It really is stupid easy to reach 1370 now in comparison to before Wednesday. Not just the honing chance buffs, but also for the massive reduction in mats. I understand that it goes back to being a shitshow again after 1370, though.
    Not really imho. You just stop going for honing and hunt for soecific engravings and talents. Honing is limited by the weekly drops so you just use all you have and then wait for the next week or use alta to funnel more materials.

Gear is just meant to be an unlock system for content. When you reach a threshold, you have enough of everything to beat the bosses.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Without the event, the fail rate is too high, like 85%.

I killed argos. Thanks to a P2W guy who did 60% damage in a 8man raid !
    I got 30 blood first week. After that 10 blood each week.
    That will take 5 weeks for a full set.

Nothing else will help me to progress.
    You can complete the Argos set with Oreha’s. That’s good enough

Not really imho. You just stop going for honing and hunt for soecific engravings and talents. Honing is limited by the weekly drops so you just use all you have and then wait for the next week or use alta to funnel more materials.

Gear is just meant to be an unlock system for content. When you reach a threshold, you have enough of everything to beat the bosses.
    I never said anything about engravings or talents, just reaching 1370 item level and that is objectively, substantially easier and cheaper now. I went from 1345 to 1370 with less than what I gathered from last week in terms of gold and mats from doing dailies/weeklies/Unas on a single character and my comment was specifically about that, nothing else.

I never said anything about engravings or talents, just reaching 1370 item level and that is objectively, substantially easier and cheaper now. I went from 1345 to 1370 with less than what I gathered from last week in terms of gold and mats from doing dailies/weeklies/Unas on a single character and my comment was specifically about that, nothing else.
    You said it was a "shitshow again" after 1370, pretty sure that's what they were replying to.

nah, 1400 is still real easy after 1370. honestly 1415 is pretty easy as well if you do the 2 pieces to 17 method\\

any f2p player that has been playing with release should be 1460 min easily by now and likely have a few 1400 alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    You said it was a "shitshow again" after 1370, pretty sure that's what they were replying to.
    Fair enough, I misread it then.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    nah, 1400 is still real easy after 1370. honestly 1415 is pretty easy as well if you do the 2 pieces to 17 method\\

any f2p player that has been playing with release should be 1460 min easily by now and likely have a few 1400 alts.
    That's kind of a stretch. I started soon after release, playing casually, and my main is still not 1415. About 1-2 months to get through the first continents and reach T1, then roughly a month per tier - T3 obviously much more, as 1302-1370 is (was) slower than T1 or T2, and 1370-1415 is again slower. I'm getting roughly enough mats for one item from 14 to 15 per week right now, so only 1410 to 1415 on the entire gear is about 5 weeks (seeing weapon mats go on the side, and usually when I have everything else up, the weapon's up, too).
    Maybe "any f2p player that has been playing a lot since release and has been pushing chars and item level, maximizing alts and doing everything every week on multiple chars should be 1460 now..." would be more accurate.

[e] 1415 now. After having weapon, gloves, shoulders at 100%, head went well in the hone before reaching 100%, and legs / chest went well in the first try (just using 10% books).
    Last edited by Frostfred; 2022-07-24 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    That's kind of a stretch. I started soon after release, playing casually, and my main is still not 1415. About 1-2 months to get through the first continents and reach T1, then roughly a month per tier - T3 obviously much more, as 1302-1370 is (was) slower than T1 or T2, and 1370-1415 is again slower. I'm getting roughly enough mats for one item from 14 to 15 per week right now, so only 1410 to 1415 on the entire gear is about 5 weeks (seeing weapon mats go on the side, and usually when I have everything else up, the weapon's up, too).
    Maybe "any f2p player that has been playing a lot since release and has been pushing chars and item level, maximizing alts and doing everything every week on multiple chars should be 1460 now..." would be more accurate.

[e] 1415 now. After having weapon, gloves, shoulders at 100%, head went well in the hone before reaching 100%, and legs / chest went well in the first try (just using 10% books).
    1-2 months to reach t1 is far slower then casual. thats barely playing at all. the story is only 15 hours or so for a first timer. you would not need to min/max to be 1460 by now playing from release, my buddy has 125 hours played and is 1415 with a 1400 alt. dude plays once or twice a week for 2-3 hours, sometimes less.

it is worth noting luck is a factor too. especially for hyper casuals like yourself, it will play a much bigger role. the more you play, the less honing luck matters. so people playing a very tiny amount will have very different item levels based on luck alone.
    Last edited by The Oblivion; 2022-07-24 at 07:19 PM.

1-2 months to reach t1 is far slower then casual. thats barely playing at all. the story is only 15 hours or so for a first timer. you would not need to min/max to be 1460 by now playing from release, my buddy has 125 hours played and is 1415 with a 1400 alt. dude plays once or twice a week for 2-3 hours, sometimes less.

it is worth noting luck is a factor too. especially for hyper casuals like yourself, it will play a much bigger role. the more you play, the less honing luck matters. so people playing a very tiny amount will have very different item levels based on luck alone.
    Only if you spacebarred your way to 50 while ignoring everything other than the orange quests. I like to explore a bit the world, systems and side quests when I first start an MMO and it took me about 50 hours to get there. Not saying one way is better or worse than the other, just that it should not be expected that everyone plays the same way.

As Fkiolaris mentioned, 15 hours seems rushed. Doing main and side quests on the way and reading all the quest texts, I think it took me around 3 times as much time (pure guess). Also, as I play with friends from EU but live in the US, we were limited in the overlap of our spare time. We only played on Saturday for 'progress', delaying the part till we reached T1. These days, we keep the weekly stuff for the weekends, but also play individually during the week and (at least I) try to never overcap the rested energy. But, even disregarding that initial time, I seriously doubt we'll be able to reach 1460 within 1-2 months now.

The part with luck is so true, though. I already did the T3 tower, and all the mats from it + around 5k gold extra in the auction house were needed just to keep the item level in line with my other friend still playing, and she hasn't even set foot in the T3 tower or bought anything. Add to that the extra gold spent on tries and to craft fusion mats in the stronghold. She was just that much more lucky when honing.
    Last edited by Frostfred; 2022-07-24 at 09:27 PM.

Damn, that honing buff + powerpass is crazy. Went 1302-1370 on my sharpshooter in two days, with only the mats given from the event itself. Only needed to buy ~10 Oreha green mats to finish the +14>+15 on my weapon as it decided to go one step before pity.

But then the downsides... Impossible to do Argos P1 matchmaking due to the amount of unstuff people who didn't even try to get good engravings (despite the 50 boxes of legendary accessories that give you a correct chance at getting some good ones). I've painfully done it on my Gunslinger after like 7-8 different groups, but didn't succeed on the sharpshooter.
    The lack of patience of this community doesn't help, even when the first try was good, some dude always called for raid cancelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Basically this. 1370 is where the endgame starts and you're locked by weekly raid lockouts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Damn, that honing buff + powerpass is crazy. Went 1302-1370 on my sharpshooter in two days, with only the mats given from the event itself. Only needed to buy ~10 Oreha green mats to finish the +14>+15 on my weapon as it decided to go one step before pity.

But then the downsides... Impossible to do Argos P1 matchmaking due to the amount of unstuff people who didn't even try to get good engravings (despite the 50 boxes of legendary accessories that give you a correct chance at getting some good ones). I've painfully done it on my Gunslinger after like 7-8 different groups, but didn't succeed on the sharpshooter.
    The lack of patience of this community doesn't help, even when the first try was good, some dude always called for raid cancelling.
    Poit is you just need to buy some in the AH XD it's really easy to get some nice thigs going until we're taliign Grudge/Cursed because that's the real gear wall you're going to find.

Especially since they're really worth at max level and not really before that.

Poit is you just need to buy some in the AH XD it's really easy to get some nice thigs going until we're taliign Grudge/Cursed because that's the real gear wall you're going to find.

Especially since they're really worth at max level and not really before that.
    Well, Grudge and Cursed Doll's problems is that it's not really usable on 1370 char anyway, as it's Rank 3 or nothing - so when you have limited gearing options, probably better to have multiple R2 engraving than one R3.

But this week, it seemed none of the boosted chars even tried to get proper things. I spent some time opening my 50 boxes in a smart way to optimize my stats+engravings on accessories as much as I could and I got some cool results, but it seems other people didn't even try, they preferred hopping directly into Argos hoping to be carried...

Well, Grudge and Cursed Doll's problems is that it's not really usable on 1370 char anyway, as it's Rank 3 or nothing - so when you have limited gearing options, probably better to have multiple R2 engraving than one R3.

But this week, it seemed none of the boosted chars even tried to get proper things. I spent some time opening my 50 boxes in a smart way to optimize my stats+engravings on accessories as much as I could and I got some cool results, but it seems other people didn't even try, they preferred hopping directly into Argos hoping to be carried...
    Yeah, on my wardancer (the only char i have at 1370 cause i stopped playing after 300 hours or so) i worked my way to 3-3-2 with raid captain and ambush master as they are the best ones after Grudge/Cursed. Now i can do the content and try to reach 3-3-3-something with one of the two

3x3 is fairly easy at 1370, as legendary stuff is so cheap, and there's a lot of influx of high quality jewelry with class engravings from Abyss Dungeons into the market. Most people don't want to spend too many Pheons on it, so stuff barely sells. Though maybe that changed now with the influx of 1370 chars.

Relic on the other hand... damn. I don't go for high end engravings (i.e. Grudge and Cursed Doll), and even then it was a pain, because class engravings are also incredibly expensive. The cheapest items with Demonic Impulse, high quality and Specialization as stat started at around 10k with a useless second engraving. In the end I went for 4x3+1, and just use both engraving slots for the class engraving. Not many people play Spirit Absorption or Raid Captain, so these were comparably cheap. Only downside was, I needed a 7/6 stone, because the items to go for a smaller one were not available at the time (and I'm impatient ). Took me 18 tries to get one, and that one sadly also has 5 in the negative AP engraving. Still, full 90+ quality gear all with spec just plays so nicely on DH.

3x3 is fairly easy at 1370, as legendary stuff is so cheap, and there's a lot of influx of high quality jewelry with class engravings from Abyss Dungeons into the market. Most people don't want to spend too many Pheons on it, so stuff barely sells. Though maybe that changed now with the influx of 1370 chars.
    Yeah I've bought a few legendary equipment for my alts but... that Pheon cost, so boring.
    Apparently the best strategy is to buy an P1+2+3 Argos bus for 2k gold, as Argos gives you more anyway, just to get some legendary stuff with class engraving without having to use Pheons.

I love this game but the simple fact Pheons exist is beyond moronic.

Relic on the other hand... damn. I don't go for high end engravings (i.e. Grudge and Cursed Doll), and even then it was a pain, because class engravings are also incredibly expensive. The cheapest items with Demonic Impulse, high quality and Specialization as stat started at around 10k with a useless second engraving. In the end I went for 4x3+1, and just use both engraving slots for the class engraving. Not many people play Spirit Absorption or Raid Captain, so these were comparably cheap. Only downside was, I needed a 7/6 stone, because the items to go for a smaller one were not available at the time (and I'm impatient ). Took me 18 tries to get one, and that one sadly also has 5 in the negative AP engraving. Still, full 90+ quality gear all with spec just plays so nicely on DH.
    Yeah relics are crazy. I'll be waiting to get some myself (no luck so far haha). I also hate the Gems cutting minigame, every time I spent money, I had terrible lack of luck and I threw it away (like one legendary for which the 7 first tentatives at 75% failed <3).
    The other day I looted a great Relic (same engravings as the legendary I was using), tried to cut it and got an awesome 6/4/4...
    I enjoy the gearing aspect in Lost Ark but there are some parts which are just infuriating.

And yeah I think the Shadowhunter engravings are among the most expensive ones, at least in my region. That's also part of why I stopped caring about mine (that and the fact I prefer Ranged chars).

I love this game but the simple fact Pheons exist is beyond moronic.
    Yeah, i don't really know the reasoning behind their existance. Some sort of "bot countermeasure" or to make so people cannot just buy everything from the AH and will go actually do the content?

Yeah, i don't really know the reasoning behind their existance. Some sort of "bot countermeasure" or to make so people cannot just buy everything from the AH and will go actually do the content?
    Point is to put monetization and microtransactions EVERYWHERE to make ALL THE MONEY.