Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    KSM and AOTC (and Glad) are super easy when you spend enough tokens to pay for a carry anyway, so the actual acheivement is almost meaningless.

What I want to see, however, are those random pug groups that come in and slam out no voice AOTC in 1 pull per boss in the second or third week that people on the forums keep talking about like they fall from trees. The only pug AOTC I ever got was Nighthold, and that was a 6-hour shitshow with at least 4 full group reforms. Luckily I had an off-tank that hung with me through the whole thing, but it's so much easier in a guild.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is that Destiny 2 sucks. It's Team Fortress 2's hat-and-weapon-cosmetics simulator in space, only with worse character animations and design.
    I mean, vast majority of people are also not wealthy enough to pay for AOTC consistently, let alone KSM. Sure, there are people who do, and that does devalue the achievement I suppose (not that I give a shit personally) but I strongly doubt they're a statistically significant portion of the playerbase.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, even KSHero is easy. I took a toon at 88io to 2800 in 9days.. should hit KSH today.
    Currently 3 with KSH and 3more inc one above with KSM. 99% all pugs. Hardest part is pugging as a Non Meta class.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station Light or Battle Station Dark

Quote Originally Posted by pinglong View Post
    I enjoy the difficulty of getting KSM, it's not too hard, even just using pugs. I agree that Mythic raids need better gear to justify the effort of getting 20 peeps together as well as the insane difficulty.
    Back in 8.2 we recruited a Frost DK for our Mythic Azshara kill who was a pure M+ player and was 0/8 in Mythic and without AOTC either. I always thought that was kinda shitty he had gear equal to us raiders and got pretty much a free Cutting Edge.
    This is the sort of attitude that scares players away. He's your team mate that you recruited and you look down on him? No wonder your guild couldn't find a raider with experience.

I find nothing wrong with people having "full mythic" gear from M+. They earned it too The thing about this gear is that it generally isn't bis, just really good gear. I would say that maybe mythic gear should have very distinct and awesome look to it but the way some of you people treat others shows you don't deserve it.

It's pathetic how some people are threatened by what others achieve in this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Mechanics go up with higher keys because they actually exist then. When you kill a boss in 30 seconds it effectively has no mechanics.
    No that you ignored kicks before doesn't mean they suddenly start existing at 20 it just means you were ignoring mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    This point of view is one of the stupidest ones still kicking around today about WoW.

Do you feel this way when someone wins a car comparable to yours? Is your car devalued because someone else has one? How about if someone’s family helps them buy a house of the same value as yours? Are you insulted if someone has the same clothes, the same shoes? Someone else having the same book, or maybe winning a lottery to go the same musical as you, is insulting?

Who gives a flying fuck if someone else you don’t know, or will ever know (in real life, or in game), gets something that you have? How does that diminish the work you put in for what you have? Does that somehow magically erase the time you spent working for it? Do you genuinely believe anyone , aside from your in-game friends, actually gives a shit what gear you have? You’re not special, or cool, or an icon, a hero, a role model.

Stop worrying about what other people do or get in-game.
    So we might just as well drop leveling and gearing totally, because if I get insta 60 on all classes and can buy bis from vendors, it doesn't take anything away from anyone, right? Might just as well give everyone every single mount, pet, achievement and transmog.

And yes, I agree with you that it is pretty meaningless in wow wether someone gets the same gear that you have, you just made it too extreme and black and white. I think there needs to be some way of progression, instead of "give stuff to everyone who wants it because it doesn't affect others".

And getting gear for +15 is perfectly fine, even though it is easy, because it is quite slow progress after all.
    Last edited by facefist; 2022-07-24 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Spoken like someone who's never run much higher than a 15, honestly. Efficiently doing 25+ keys, if you actually want to time and push them, requires effort. "Numbers going up" makes mechanics actually mean something, and not something you can just zerg through.

If you've been on this site for 12 years and don't know what KSM is, that's definitely a "you" problem.
    Again not new mechanics just because you ignored them at lower key levels doesn't make them new mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    You'll end up doing the 20man alone. No one cares about epic. We care about fun and rewarding. People have lives. No time for "epic". That was a kind of mmo that existed almost 20 years ago. We aren't going back to it. Mmo's aren't new and exciting. There are tons of online games out there that can give fun and rewarding that compete with WoW for gamers time. Time to move into the present.
    Weird how when gear rewarded was the exact same 10 man had a massively lower amount of participation and was largely considered a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    No that you ignored kicks before doesn't mean they suddenly start existing at 20 it just means you were ignoring mechanics.
    When they are effectively meaningless until you get to higher keys, they for all realistic intents and purposes don't exist. Mechanics are only mechanics when you actually have to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    So we might just as well drop leveling and gearing totally, because if I get insta 60 on all classes and can buy bis from vendors, it doesn't take anything away from anyone, right?

And yes, I agree with you that it is pretty meaningless in wow wether someone gets the same gear that you have, you just made it too extreme. I think there needs to be some way of progression, instead of "give stuff to everyone who wants it because it doesn't affect others". And getting gear for +15 is perfectly fine, even though it is easy, because it is quite slow progress after all.
    If it means they spend more time on raid content and pvp has no gear element I know very few high end players who would be against templates.

- - - Updated - - -

When they are effectively meaningless until you get to higher keys, they for all realistic intents and purposes don't exist. Mechanics are only mechanics when you actually have to do them.
    Again just because you ignored mechanics doesn't make them new we had to do the mechanics on 15s at the start of each season they are nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    That's exactly what it is. Before you answer: answer this simple question: you think people would play this game if it was purely single player?
    Before you answer again answer this: do you think the majority would do it if there were no rewards/items/currencies to show off to others?
    Some weird argument there.
    Whether the game is single player or not isn't exactly what's being discussed. It's about the challenge.
    Do you think people don't play Souls games or something or they only do to show off to exactly... What, the no one else to see that they killed a boss?

On top of that, wow is obviously built around playing with friends. That doesn't suddenly mean that it MUST be to epeen flex.

Lastly, you're not actually giving any reasoning for me to believe you, you're just asking questions wanting me to prove your point for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering how easy it is to take a fresh 60 from 2 to 15 in a week yeah it's pretty damn face roll I've done it multiple times without linking new character to io or getting friends to help. It's insanely faceroll for the rewards you recieve. It's like if you got max ilvl pvp gear for hitting 1600 or mythic gear for clearing heroic anduin those are about on par with a 15.

The only time it isn't facroll is the first couple weeks of the season when you are still in full last tier gear.
    With hours of grinding or a group carrying you, because you're certainly not easily getting into pugs with no gear and no score.

For some reason people love this argument though

What is or isn't difficult is relative to the person doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I mean, vast majority of people are also not wealthy enough to pay for AOTC consistently
    I just hopped online and looked at Trade chat and AOTC is going for 150k, tokens are over 200k, if someone can't afford like $20 every like 6 months when new tiers come out then I hope their living situation improves lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I just hopped online and looked at Trade chat and AOTC is going for 150k, tokens are over 200k, if someone can't afford like $20 every like 6 months when new tiers come out then I hope their living situation improves lol.
    In some fairness, if you're on a dead server good luck finding a group even in trade chat. And I don't remember Sylvanas aotc getting that low, along with the fact that tokens just spiked up coz of the expansion pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    In some fairness, if you're on a dead server good luck finding a group even in trade chat. And I don't remember Sylvanas aotc getting that low, along with the fact that tokens just spiked up coz of the expansion pre-order.
    Buy a carry on another realm
    idk about sylvanas either
    It's not like it spiked up from 20k lol

This is over a 1 year period, the lowest it has been in that time is 153k where I'm hovering

Even if it was 100k and you had to buy two tokens are you saying that 80 disposable dollars a year makes you wealthy?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Nope. I haven't even reached max whatever. I logged in, determined the character creator and options were terrible and played with my son for a while (he's big into Destiny 2). I hated the worldbuilding, hated my Ghost's voice, hated the fact that character motion feels like Starseige Tribes with the jumpy jumpy double jump floatiness, found the enemies, weapons, and gear ugly and uninspired, and finally: the dungeons were nothing more than careening to the end as fast as humanly possible with a fireteam of three people whose roles are "shoot things" "stab things" and "shoot things differently", followed by an advertisement asking me to buy the new expansion. In fact, that fucking advert popped up on every loading screen---of which there are hundreds of them, since every damn thing is instanced and locked behind watching your spaceship fly against a generic starfield for 3 minutes.

I don't need to play more Destiny 2, TYVM.

- - - Updated - - -

The "Attunements are awesome!" thing reached its apotheosis and final death with Wildstar. No one who has a positive game design opinion on attunements should ever be taken seriously.
    So you barely played a game you don’t know, literally know not a single thing about how it works considering how you’re describing it, and come up with an opinion that completely mischaracterizes the game completely and think that the game then must be bad.

Whether you like it or not destiny 2 is a wildly popular game that has been praised and is actually loved by its playerbase that actually understands the game.

Go to the wow forums and see how much negativity surrounds the game, then go to the destiny 2 forums or Reddit and see how much praise the game gets. It’s night and day.

Buy a carry on another realm
    idk about sylvanas either
    It's not like it spiked up from 20k lol

This is over a 1 year period, the lowest it has been in that time is 153k where I'm hovering

Even if it was 100k and you had to buy two tokens are you saying that 80 disposable dollars a year makes you wealthy?
    Blizzard frowns upon that nowadays, hence their changes to group finder and advertising.

And the point is just that one point of view isn't the only situation in that regard

Again not new mechanics just because you ignored them at lower key levels doesn't make them new mechanics.
    The argument wasn't new mechanics. If you're having to worry about mechanics that you didn't have to previously, then mechanics do "go up".
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

What is or isn't difficult is relative to the person doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant in terms of gold they acquire in-game, not real life wealth. If we're talking real life not everyone wants to pay money for in-game stuff, not everyone cares about AOTC, and not everyone wants to be carried in the first place. I don't have the numbers but in previous expansions it sat around 30% of the playerbase who had it. I doubt it's that much higher in Shadowlands. Majority don't do it and neither do they have KSM which is a far more expensive carry.

Forums and reddit distort people's perception of the playerbase as this group of ultra-invested people who always push for more rewards and higher achievements. Most players are far more casual in their approach and only ever touch raids in LFR and even then not always.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Again just because you ignored mechanics doesn't make them new we had to do the mechanics on 15s at the start of each season they are nothing new.
    I love how you magically changed from 10s to 15s. So cute.

Again if the difficulty is ever so low enough you can ignore the mechanics its the same as them not existing at all. I have no clue how you're trying to argue otherwise.

I love how you magically changed from 10s to 15s. So cute.

Again if the difficulty is ever so low enough you can ignore the mechanics its the same as them not existing at all. I have no clue how you're trying to argue otherwise.
    If a boss has an enrage timer of 5 minutes, but is easily killed in 30 seconds, does the enrage still exist? Or does it only exist when you start to struggle with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunareste View Post
    This is EXACTLY the problem. If everyone is special, no one is.
    That's what keystone hero is for. KSM is not mythic raiding. It's the guy who gets AotC and then has 1 or 2 farm bosses on mythic he can get loot from once a week. He has no chance of CE or doing more than the easiest farm bosses for a drip of mythic gear.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    With hours of grinding or a group carrying you, because you're certainly not easily getting into pugs with no gear and no score.

For some reason people love this argument though
    They clearly said "without linking character to io or getting friends to help".

The key is to create your own group, not try to get into groups with no io. The group fills up in ~10 minutes, pretty much every time. Even as a non-meta dps class. Some of us just create our own groups instead of bitching in online forums about not getting invited.

And yes, I too have played new characters (without linking or carries) from +2 to +15 in a matter of days. My latest alt was ilvl 245 (with double leggy and 2pc tier set bonus) after ~4:30 played doing ZM and LFR, before going into my first m+. I easily played 2+++ into 5+++ into 8+++. And no, I wasn't carried, as I was first or close to first place in dps in all of them. After getting a few items, it's actually really easy to clear 15s if you have the experience.

However I'm ok with the itemization, as the ilvl you get is 16 ilvl lower than mythic raid, with the option to upgrade with valor very slowly (beginning of season) or uncapped (mid-season) to 6 ilvl below mythic raid. That one mythic raid lvl gear peace per week isn't something I worry about too much. It takes pretty much the entire season to be decked out in bis 278 items, while raiders get almost half their slots to 285 by the end of the season, so they'll always be ahead.