Quote Originally Posted by Paetolus View Post
    Not as bad as Bandai releasing Digimon Survive the same day as XC3, with almost 0 marketing no less.
    Tbf, it was XC3 that pushed forward to this day. After they announced Survives release date

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paetolus View Post
    Listening to the full OST now. Not sure how they did it, but I think they one-upped 2. Just wish these damn tracks had titles so I knew what I was listening to lul
    I have a felling nintendo will go full copyright strike on those songs. I am just re-freshing youtube to 1 hour and downloading everything
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I have a felling nintendo will go full copyright strike on those songs. I am just re-freshing youtube to 1 hour and downloading everything
    There's a mega folder with all songs and cutscenes, if you really want the songs, that might be easier.

The full ending is also leaked on bilibili, so if you don't like spoilers, be very careful.

Well XC3 seems to be drifting further away from being Takahashi's perfect works not closer to being to it as a lot of us thought. If anything at this point his perfect works would be told in the X universe cause uhhh browsing the XC3 spoilers and this ain't it, and kind of setting up a sequel(maybe just the dlc expansion ala torna) also that won't be it.

Makes sense and all since Xenoblade was never meant to be a xeno game but all the easter eggs and hints in XC2 led people to think otherwise.

Who knows though, could be something that isn't in a pre-rendered scene from the data mine that is missing but I doubt it.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-07-24 at 01:58 AM.

Since my pc is broken atm and the repair place still can't figure it out after 3 weeks I've started to play my switch more but trying to find a good game is hard. Are there any good non pc/ mobile ports? Everything on the sales page is either stuff I'd rather play on pc, a hentai lite game with 5 mins of content, or some trash. The only decent non port games seem to be the Nintendo games. I did get Fire emblem warriors 3 hopes which is good but I'm almost finished with it and would like some non full price games to play while waiting for my pc. Anyone got any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Since my pc is broken atm and the repair place still can't figure it out after 3 weeks I've started to play my switch more but trying to find a good game is hard. Are there any good non pc/ mobile ports? Everything on the sales page is either stuff I'd rather play on pc, a hentai lite game with 5 mins of content, or some trash. The only decent non port games seem to be the Nintendo games. I did get Fire emblem warriors 3 hopes which is good but I'm almost finished with it and would like some non full price games to play while waiting for my pc. Anyone got any recommendations?
    Check physical prices on amazon or w/e other retailers you have in your country. The sales page on the eshop is mostly all shovel ware trash and most of the switch exclusives worth playing are indeed published by nintendo and very rarely on sale digitally. Usually easier to find them on sale physically at various retailers, unless it's an out of print game like bayo 2 or xenoblade 2 which are actually more expensive than digital now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Well XC3 seems to be drifting further away from being Takahashi's perfect works not closer to being to it as a lot of us thought. If anything at this point his perfect works would be told in the X universe cause uhhh browsing the XC3 spoilers and this ain't it, and kind of setting up a sequel(maybe just the dlc expansion ala torna) also that won't be it.

Makes sense and all since Xenoblade was never meant to be a xeno game but all the easter eggs and hints in XC2 led people to think otherwise.
    Just like I've said before. X is not connected. Takahashi Claimed 2 wasn't connected to 1 to avoid spoiling the connection, but X was only connected by easter egg references.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Just like I've said before. X is not connected. Takahashi Claimed 2 wasn't connected to 1 to avoid spoiling the connection, but X was only connected by easter egg references.
    "easter egg references"

Yea bro tainted and fog beasts being basically the same thing, telethia hunting tainted like it helped defeat the fog king by going into his rift it's just an easter egg(easter egg of something that didn't even exist yet!). Tatsu calling the party hom homs, the nopon knowing of frontier village its all just an easter egg .

All Xeno games are in the same multiverse and you are flat out blind to not realize that, no offense. Just like Xenosaga ends where Xenogears begins, just like Gnosis and Ghosts are the same thing and the conduit and the zohar are the same thing. Also I hate to be the bearer of bad news but unless you're a super fan of Melia or Nia XC3 has almost jack shit to do with 1 and 2 either for the record and is still mostly it's own narrative.

My post is more about XC3 being so far disconnected from the overall Xeno plot line aka perfect works, not about X or any other game being directly connected to it. The connections where already obvious, it's just not clear on how they happened and probably won't be until Takahashi wants them to be. But lets be 100% real here there is no such thing as "its own thing" when it comes to Takahashi's games the closest and only point you will ever get to that is XC1, but he even had to backtrack on that and pull it into the xeno multiverse cause the Nintendo overlords spoke and said it was a xeno game lol...
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-07-25 at 01:36 PM.

"easter egg references"

Yea bro tainted and fog beasts being basically the same thing, telethia hunting tainted like it helped defeat the fog king by going into his rift it's just an easter egg(easter egg of something that didn't even exist yet!). Tatsu calling the party hom homs, the nopon knowing of frontier village its all just an easter egg .

All Xeno games are in the same multiverse and you are flat out blind to not realize that, no offense. Just like Xenosaga ends where Xenogears begins, just like Gnosis and Ghosts are the same thing and the conduit and the zohar are the same thing. Also I hate to be the bearer of bad news but unless you're a super fan of Melia or Nia XC3 has almost jack shit to do with 1 and 2 either for the record and is still mostly it's own narrative.

My post is more about XC3 being so far disconnected from the overall Xeno plot line aka perfect works, not about X or any other game being directly connected to it. The connections where already obvious, it's just not clear on how they happened and probably won't be until Takahashi wants them to be. But lets be 100% real here there is no such thing as "its own thing" when it comes to Takahashi's games the closest and only point you will ever get to that is XC1, but he even had to backtrack on that and pull it into the xeno multiverse cause the Nintendo overlords spoke and said it was a xeno game lol...
    Years ago Takahashi said the xeno moniker is just to signify his games. The series are not related by anything other than references.

15+ Year Old Account
    "easter egg references"

Saga ending where gears begins makes no sense with abel being udo and he is on the eldrige which took off from mitcham in 4767 in gears while he was sent to lj in saga in 4747 so some how hes deaged and sent to another planet in 20 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Saga ending where gears begins makes no sense with abel being udo and he is on the eldrige which took off from mitcham in 4767 in gears while he was sent to lj in saga in 4747 so some how hes deaged and sent to another planet in 20 years?
    Xenosaga and Xenogears are completely different timelines/universes but as far as how they fit into perfect works timeline they end/begin at nearly the same time.

Just like X is also a perfect match for Perfect Works 2, Torna/XC2 perfectly match up to PW4/5 but this contradicts each other if they where in the same universe because earth ended in different ways in both.

Dude literally tells the same story over and over again in different universes but probably one multiverse or just different loops.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    The series are not related by anything other than references.
    lol, okay dude I'm guessing you have never played a xeno game outside of the the XC series if this is really your take and you definitely haven't taken a look at perfect works. Just a coincidence and easter egg that he keeps refining and telling the same stories over and over again! No connection at all!

Xenoblade 1 was not meant to be a xeno game, but Nintendo wanted it to be one so it go it's name. Then it got retconned into the perfect works timeline/loop thanks to XC2 so now it is full in the series as well. "Xeno" is not just a moniker lol, there is a reason he didn't want to name Xenoblade after it until he was pressured into doing so. Mondado was supposed to be the name of the game.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-07-25 at 04:08 PM.

Metroid Dread
    Ori
    Rain World
    Dead Cells

Unless you don't like MetroidVania games. Then disregard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Metroid Dread
    Ori
    Rain World
    Dead Cells

Unless you don't like MetroidVania games. Then disregard.
    These are all on PC except for Metroid.

Exclusives:
    Astral Chain
    Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Non-exclusives:
    Ori and the Blind Forest/Will of the Wisps
    Axiom Verge 1/2
    Carrion

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    These are all on PC except for Metroid.
    I don't know about the others, but both Ori games are ideal on the Switch. While they are available on PC, the previous poster mentioned ports and honestly, dismissing either Ori game on the Switch as a port is reductive and does them a disservice. They're fantastic games, and play amazingly well on the Switch.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    I don't know about the others, but both Ori games are ideal on the Switch. While they are available on PC, the previous poster mentioned ports and honestly, dismissing either Ori game on the Switch as a port is reductive and does them a disservice. They're fantastic games, and play amazingly well on the Switch.
    Just because they are good ports doesn't change the fact they are ports lol. The poster doesn't want to play anything they can experience better on PC and unless you especially want to play them at handheld the games will still look better on PC so...

Reviews for XC3 are out with pretty much 9/10 across the board.

15+ Year Old Account

Why can garbage like this affect a games score? Its not zelda 7/10!
    Last edited by Video Games; 2022-07-26 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post

Why is can garbage like this affect a games score? Its not zelda 7/10!
    Because people are allowed to have opinions and you really shouldn't care what those opinions are.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

"It's no Zelda" lol.

But lets ignore the dumb zelda comment since zelda isn't even an rpg. "It's no FF" is probably a good thing since you have to go back to the PS1 to find a main line FF game on par with any of the Xenoblade games. 7 remake is saved by a god like combat system but otherwise the franchise has been a whole lot of nothing for decades now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Because people are allowed to have opinions and you really shouldn't care what those opinions are.
    "It's no Zelda" isn't an opinion. No fucking shit it's not a puzzle based action adventure game. It's an RPG.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If your opinion is "this game in a completely unrelated genre is better" then you're an idiot. At least compare it to its contemporaries