Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lplatehealer View Post
    yeah if u want to play it like back then, then you will remember RDF wasn't even in at start of wotlk

- - - Updated - - -

This thread shows exactly how the community is the problem and not BLizz.

For years and year ppl cry and complain about RDF ruining the game. Blizz announce they will not have it and those same ppl complaining then do a surprised pikachu and QQ.

WoW players are as salty and as toxic as LoL players but even more hypocritical.
    Here is a bit of life advice since you can’t seem to understand it. The same people complaining about “insert thing” existing tend to not be the same people complaining when “insert thing” is removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFG tool is great as long as it's server wide only and no teleportation into the dungeon.

People hate the tool because it literally removes that multiplayer aspect from the game. You join, teleport in, kill, leave without saying anything. Your name means nothing, your contribution/acting/results mean nothing. You literally play with (in some cases) high IQ AI instead of players. And because your name means nothing, you can ninja all loot without having any problems and be total dick about it too.

It's supposed to be adventure together with other human beings into the dungeon, not cookie clicker on your phone to boost your dick size with dmg meters and then whining to the tank and healer because you as dead on the ground after aggroing because of your amazing SwiftyOneShotMacro spamming skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Looks like a lot of people picked "leave".

*Wow was always suppose to be a casuals game, it was born of EQ, Having played old EQ (before wow even existed or it was still Orcs & Humans) makes even saying Hardcore and WOW in the same sentence a joke.
    Having played EQ myself I never found the game casual. With "raid phones" becoming a thing, raiding until 5am and being at work for 8am (lol), only having a few classes that could solo efficiently, and we can't forget those "hell levels". I miss that game but, I wouldn't call it casual for sure haha.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Having played EQ myself I never found the game casual. With "raid phones" becoming a thing, raiding until 5am and being at work for 8am (lol), only having a few classes that could solo efficiently, and we can't forget those "hell levels". I miss that game but, I wouldn't call it casual for sure haha.
    Compared to EQ, WOW was Casual central, Eating got health back in wow, no long medding while looking at a book, one death could mean a month of XP gone in EQ, no instance dungeons, no FP, did have teleports (I did have a druid so I could kite and port and sow). I had farming groups just for killing mobs for levels in EQ that lasted longer than all of WOW's classic raids took to get though.

*maybe you misunderstood WOW was Casual (Major\big time| when compared to EQ, WOW was built to attract casuals from the get go.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-07-25 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    People hate the tool because it literally removes that multiplayer aspect from the game. You join, teleport in, kill, leave without saying anything. Your name means nothing, your contribution/acting/results mean nothing. You literally play with (in some cases) high IQ AI instead of players. And because your name means nothing, you can ninja all loot without having any problems and be total dick about it too.
    As countless people have already mentioned, what you describe is exactly what you get in Classic as well, while having to spend potentially your entire playing session to form said group to begin with. I played all the way through Classic (and a few months of TBCC) and nobody was talking other than the occasional hello or a sentence by someone every 5 dungeons. I lost count of how many people dropped groups that were slow (or slower) than they would like in order to join an LFG-spamming booster, or tanks/healers dropping groups right before a dungeon starts because someone else paid them to join their group. If you are someone important in a big, powerful guild on your server you can still ninja like a boss and God had mercy if a "victim" would try to complain in general chat or discord.

It's utterly mind-boggling that the nonsense you are saying is repeated non-stop by people that completely ignore the reality of Classic and the modern playerbase of 2022, but anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    As countless people have already mentioned, what you describe is exactly what you get in Classic as well, while having to spend potentially your entire playing session to form said group to begin with. I played all the way through Classic (and a few months of TBCC) and nobody was talking other than the occasional hello or a sentence by someone every 5 dungeons. I lost count of how many people dropped groups that were slow (or slower) than they would like in order to join an LFG-spamming booster, or tanks/healers dropping groups right before a dungeon starts because someone else paid them to join their group. If you are someone important in a big, powerful guild on your server you can still ninja like a boss and God had mercy if a "victim" would try to complain in general chat or discord.

It's utterly mind-boggling that the nonsense you are saying is repeated non-stop by people that completely ignore the reality of Classic and the modern playerbase of 2022, but anyway.
    I quess you are playing in some big server, be the unluckiest guy or just a dick of a person who gets invited in the groups with another dicks. I have not yet met a group that does not talk. If someone is ninjaing loot and being dick about it, he will be shunned and ignored. If he is from big guild, that guild will be ignored eventually (can't remember guild name but literally 99% of people from that guild were ignored by half of the server I was playing on because they were annoying ninjalooterelitists (back in classic vanilla)).

Also I am totally fine with LFD/LFG as long as it's server wide only and no teleportation. There will be always morons ninjaing stuff but there will be way less of them when your name means something. In retail your name is worth shit and you can be the most toxic moron ever existed in the wow and get no penalty. That is something I don't want in the classic servers, and that's why I don't approve LFD/G if it's gonna be like in retail.

Also the way you attack with your comment tells alot about you. Maybe, just maybe... You are one of those dicks waving their ego around.

LFD is not a great tool. It’s terrible.

Furthermore, part of the point of Classic is to differentiate the WoW offerings. If you want a game with anonymous port-to-dungeon matchmaking, play retail. Classic is a different experience and its goals are incompatible with LFD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    I quess you are playing in some big server, be the unluckiest guy or just a dick of a person who gets invited in the groups with another dicks. I have not yet met a group that does not talk. If someone is ninjaing loot and being dick about it, he will be shunned and ignored. If he is from big guild, that guild will be ignored eventually (can't remember guild name but literally 99% of people from that guild were ignored by half of the server I was playing on because they were annoying ninjalooterelitists (back in classic vanilla)).

Also I am totally fine with LFD/LFG as long as it's server wide only and no teleportation. There will be always morons ninjaing stuff but there will be way less of them when your name means something. In retail your name is worth shit and you can be the most toxic moron ever existed in the wow and get no penalty. That is something I don't want in the classic servers, and that's why I don't approve LFD/G if it's gonna be like in retail.

Also the way you attack with your comment tells alot about you. Maybe, just maybe... You are one of those dicks waving their ego around.
    So I call you out for talking nonsense that does not reflect the reality of multiple players, both on my server and the forums, and then I am the "dick". Whatever makes you feel better mate, unfortunately it still doesn't make your arguments any better.

As to your suggestion for having LFD being a thing but with those restrictions, that's another nonsense argument because then it quite literally removes 2 of the main reasons for having such tools in place. Unless Blizzard will aggressively be acting on dying servers in a year's time (or servers where 1 of the 2 factions vanished), the cross-server functionality is a Godsend for those servers. As to the teleport, if you remember back in original WotLK (assuming you played) what would happen 9 times out of 10 is that the 2 people nearest to the dungeon would summon the other 3 at the stone - such excitement and pristine social interaction, I wonder how people live without it in retail

Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post

Furthermore, part of the point of Classic is to differentiate the WoW offerings. If you want a game with anonymous port-to-dungeon matchmaking, play retail. Classic is a different experience and its goals are incompatible with LFD.
    I want the game as it was launched back then (obviously accepting #SomeChanges), that is the point of Classic. I am not asking for LFD in TBCC and I wasn't asking for it in Classic before that, what I am asking is that they keep the main elements of the game as it was originally released.
    Last edited by Fkiolaris; 2022-07-25 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post

Who asked you? You prob didn't even play before MoP judging from your signup date. How about you go play something else? LFD was cross-realm with the battleground group only, it wasn't from all servers. Meaning it wasn't so "anonymous" as you call it or want it to be, you have no idea what you are even talking about. Stop with the fake news, and let people enjoy WoTLK as it's meant to be, not something you want since you are stuck with this mentality of trying being social when you clearly aren't.

The biggest issue with this debate is that people can't differentiate between the group finder (in realm only, no teleportation, able to message the leader to join) and the LFG tool with auto-teleporting and cross-realm groups.

The former is an excellent tool, and IIRC was in both TBC and WOTLK. The latter came near the end of WOTLK (TOTC patch I think?) and is not something that I think fits with the classic 'ethos' and feel of the game.

EDIT:

For those who aren't sure, here (Wowpedia) is a timeline of when the various LFG tools were added. LFG as it existed up until 3.3 was essentially added at the start of TBC (2.0.1)

Here is an archive of the part of the WoW homepage illustrating LFG in its first instance for tbc.
    Last edited by Loosecannon; 2022-07-27 at 08:30 AM. Reason: additional info.

Quote Originally Posted by alexs View Post
    Who asked you? You prob didn't even play before MoP judging from your signup date. How about you go play something else? LFD was cross-realm with the battleground group only, it wasn't from all servers. Meaning it wasn't so "anonymous" as you call it or want it to be, you have no idea what you are even talking about. Stop with the fake news, and let people enjoy WoTLK as it's meant to be, not something you want since you are stuck with this mentality of trying being social when you clearly aren't.
    Can we ask you the same thing, considering you can't even get some dates straight?
    Pretty certain MMO-C account age has nothing to do with someones personal opinions.

And well, I can tell you, eventhough this account I'm posting from is brand-new, I agree with his/her/X opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by narzhull View Post
    Can we ask you the same thing, considering you can't even get some dates straight?
    Pretty certain MMO-C account age has nothing to do with someones personal opinions.

And well, I can tell you, eventhough this account I'm posting from is brand-new, I agree with his/her/X opinion.
    Oh how nice of you to make a new account to reply for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post

I had not one leaver in the entirety of TBCC. ( in dungeons at least, PUG raids is another story )
    And while i did not extensivly talk to everyone, a few times we formed longer groups for more than one dungeons and actually went to discord for a few hours.

That NEVER happend in retail since i think Wotlk to me. Definetly not since cata.

Stop confusing your experience with everyones experience.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I had not one leaver in the entirety of TBCC. ( in dungeons at least, PUG raids is another story )
    And while i did not extensivly talk to everyone, a few times we formed longer groups for more than one dungeons and actually went to discord for a few hours.

That NEVER happend in retail since i think Wotlk to me. Definetly not since cata.

Stop confusing your experience with everyones experience.
    ive grouped in discord with people all the time in retail. stop confusing your exp with everyone elses.........

Quote Originally Posted by Loosecannon View Post
    EDIT:

For those who aren't sure, here (Wowpedia) is a timeline of when the various LFG tools were added. LFG as it existed up until 3.3 was essentially added at the start of TBC (2.0.1).
    I loved LFD when they added it in Wrath <3 I hated the stupid LFG from BC and never used it, to each their own.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    ive grouped in discord with people all the time in retail. stop confusing your exp with everyone elses.........
    I literally said to me.... genius

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I loved LFD when they added it in Wrath <3 I hated the stupid LFG from BC and never used it, to each their own.
    That's fair, some of the features were better, but the whole instant portal/random heroic with matchmade groups cross-realm and dungeon teleports was I think the bit that a lot of people have an issue with, that only came in the later addition!

I loved it at the time too, because I had a tonne of free time and it allowed me to spam heroics in various comedy builds

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Most people don't use it, they just keep spaming LFG chat. Supose something similar will happen with WoTLK classic, really bad for gearing up.

Simple answer to question - because group finder suddenly made content accessible to everyone, instead of being an elite thing for the lucky few.

Flexible raid size and group finder gave all the content to everyone.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Simple answer to question - because group finder suddenly made content accessible to everyone, instead of being an elite thing for the lucky few.

Flexible raid size and group finder gave all the content to everyone.
    I'm really not OK about how the comunity turned after they released LFD tool in patch 3.3. But as it is currently in BC, shit, i can queue in LFG tool finish all the island of Quelthanas daily quests and still din't got a group, by then i need to log off for a break.

Just turned lvl 70 and its so hard to get into a stupid normal mode 5m dungeon.