Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    All would be forgiven.

Look, almost everyone in this thread wants what SC promised to be. We are here because we want that ultimate space game. I imagine many grew up on Wing Commander, Privateer and Freelancer. We just have absolutely no confidence in Chris Roberts ability to deliver, well...., anything at this point.
    Most honest and correct statement here. I will speak for myself when I say I am on the camp this could potentially come out and be a success but not under current leadership and needs really a proper audit where the money has gone.

I know I know the troll superfan will come say you don't know this and that, as CR has preached the Gospel, but currently just so people do understand the ridiculous aspect of things, the money spent on this project are equal to the current lifetime budget of WoW which has had 18 years of life and we don't count development time before Vanilla release...

If anyone wants a breakdown of budget from Vanilla till current let me know.

All would be forgiven.

Look, almost everyone in this thread wants what SC promised to be. We are here because we want that ultimate space game. I imagine many grew up on Wing Commander, Privateer and Freelancer. We just have absolutely no confidence in Chris Roberts ability to deliver, well...., anything at this point.
    Yessir. I read this thread for years before giving the game an honest 20 hours or so. I was blown away by the presentation (when it worked), but disappointed by almost everything else. Flying is fun, but the game just... there's nothing there yet. It's a tech demo. I really hope it's good someday, but I have no faith at all that it will get there, and the only way I can see playing it now is as a social experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    "What is Star Citizen?"

I kept expecting there to be a joke like, "Just images in this video. That's it. That's Star Citizen right now."
    NFTs but without the blockchain part. That is what parts of Star Citizen is. You too can own a link to a JPEG*.

*may or may not lead to actual JPEG. Ownership in said link reserved for RSI.

All would be forgiven.

This exactly, this games vision is what I always wanted out of Eve and Dust 514. I think most people crap on the game because it is something they have wanted for a long time and they see the potential of their dream game constantly squandered by the head of this company. People expect better out of a company who has raised these type of funds and has as large as a development team as they do, this is not No Mans Sky dev team of 10 people.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    A javelin is not max manned at 80 crew so yes what you said is a lie, the ship just has room for 80 crew, it doesnt say anywhere on the website you need 80 men to crew the ship, the ship is actually fully manned at the min required crew where all stations/turrets are in full operation.

With a game in development noone is able to claim anything about it as bad, until its fully released and complete many things are subject to change, for fully released games you can claim things about them as being bad because its just a simple fact, there are bad things about every game and thats not insulting to the game or developers.

It comes straight from the devs and CRs own words explaining AI crew and blades will have significant disadvantages, you are posting in bad faith because noone believes a single word you say, if an AI crew member was better than a player could be then there is no point to group up with others, your logic is completely missing.
    why am I not surprised you are this fucking stupid.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Wait, kenn has been banned ?
    MMO Champs :

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Wait, kenn has been banned ?
    he was infracted. most likely hit the 15 point threshhold and is currently banned till it goes down.

He will be back.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    he was infracted. most likely hit the 15 point threshhold and is currently banned till it goes down.

He will be back.
    Alright, thanks for the explanation. I almost thought that I couldn't savor his delicious hypocrisy and lack of self-reflection anymore.
    MMO Champs :

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Alright, thanks for the explanation. I almost thought that I couldn't savor his delicious hypocrisy and lack of self-reflection anymore.
    Nope just gotta wait a few days.

Folks, keep discussion on-topic and do not discuss moderation or other posters status, please. Thanks.

Looks like Star Citizen is getting server population increases for live in 3.17.2.

They announced it in the This Week in Star Citizen Post.

Last week, in preparation for the upcoming launch of Alpha 3.17.2, we opened up the Public Test Universe to all players. Those of you who joined the PTU will have also seen that we tested several new player caps from 75 to 120 players per server. Now, I know that we previously said we had no plans for an increase in player cap on the live servers... however the results of said tests have been so promising, that things have changed. For this reason, we are now exploring increasing the cap for the live release of Alpha 3.17.2. We're still testing/reviewing and will share more information, including what cap we end up going with, very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    Looks like Star Citizen is getting server population increases for live
    Big if true. No official numbers just yet but anything between 50+ and 100 is progress!

Lot of progress incoming this second half of the year and looking like 2023 will be even better:

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Big if true. No official numbers just yet but anything between 50+ and 100 is progress!
    About time.

Been 8 years since Eve had one of it's biggest pvp battle with more then 2600 players in the same system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_B-R5RB

Glad to see SC is catching up in that regard.
    Last edited by Amorac; 2022-07-27 at 02:56 PM.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

Big if true.
    Big indeed, especially for someone with a goal of thousands of players, selling space ships for thousands of dollars, with maximum crew sizes up to 80 players, after a decade of development and half a billion dollars deep in it : ) Alas, a step in the right direction, baby steps.

Also good job @Edge- , happy to see that isn’t only Star Citizen doing big progress, thank you.
    Ahahahaha!

Its official, Patch 3.17.2 tomorrow and player count is increased to 100.

With the release of Alpha 3.17.2, we plan to double the capacity of servers to 100 players per server, allowing more pilots to participate in large-scale dynamic events, community events, PvP encounters, and more. We know this change will come as a welcome surprise to many, and we'd be remiss if we didn't call out the incredible efforts happening behind the scenes to make this possible by our engineering and publishing teams. This change is a meaningful and crucial step towards the full experience of our shared massive universe, and we're happy to report that the team is making excellent progress.

It is important to remember that an increase in players does introduce more potential for stability/performance issues, but rest assured that we'll be monitoring closely, making tweaks and injecting fixes on the backend based on our observations. This is made possible by our infrastructure now allowing us to deploy server side fixes, without the need for a patch release.

Separately, we'll also utilize dynamically fluctuating server caps that will prioritize performance/stability. This means that some servers will have a cap less than 100, while others will have more. We plan to continue this initiative moving forward, with the goal of increasing the player cap per server as much as we can, while being mindful of the play experience.

It is likely that we will run with a lower player cap (<100) during the Siege of Orison dynamic event, simply to account for initial gameplay balance/rewards being designed initially for a lower cap. However, Jumptown will likely have a 100 player cap per server enabled (so, get ready for mayhem).

Its official, Patch 3.17.2 tomorrow and player count is increased to 100.
    Amazing, that's almost 1% of real MMOs.

Patch 3.17.2 tomorrow and player count is increased to 100.
    So if some ships require 12 people at minimum then you can now have 8 of those ships in the same area. Woo. I wonder if the servers will implode more often now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Amazing, that's almost 1% of real MMOs.
    They just need more money and time to get it going okay? Please wait 5 years and give them 300 million more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    Big indeed, especially for someone with a goal of thousands of players, selling space ships for thousands of dollars, with maximum crew sizes up to 80 players, after a decade of development and half a billion dollars deep in it : ) Alas, a step in the right direction, baby steps.
    You've got to crawl before you can walk. Then again this 10 year old baby should have been out of the diaper phase some time ago, no? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Amorac View Post
    About time.

Been 8 years since Eve had one of it's biggest pvp battle with more then 2600 players in the same system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_B-R5RB

Glad to see SC is catching up in that regard.
    Due to EvE not being a first person shooter and using time dilation to achieve those big battles it's not a great comparison as the "tricks" they use can't be applied to fast paced / action based games which can't afford to slow down combat to power point presentations levels when presented with a large number of players. Planetside would be a better comparison since it's a First Person Shooter and manages to accommodate huge numbers of players, which albeit not with full scale planets spans for very large areas.

Player cap increased to 100 players officially confirmed now:

The massive space ships battles are about to become even more epic:

Due to EvE not being a first person shooter and using time dilation to achieve those big battles it's not a great comparison as the "tricks" they use can't be applied to fast paced / action based games which can't afford to slow down combat to power point presentations levels when presented with a large number of players.
    I mean didn't SC slow down to comical levels during the last test of over 50+ players when this was being talked about before? Does this mean that with a 100 player server cap that if all 100 players are in a ship combat it won't slow down?

100 players...massive space ships battles are about to become even more epic
    "Massive" 50 lagged players under 30 FPS PvP battles about to become even more epic! With twice the players, twice the server crashes, twice the lag and half the frame rate! Sorry, sorry, again, it's obsly a small step in the right direction, but the way you try to hype it up is so comical

By the way, smt left out from the footage of the "we get 100 players standing still inside a spaceship!" video:

Ahahahaha!