Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomR View Post
    I'm guessing they removed LFG because that is what killed all community in WOW.
    LFG will be released later on with some catch up patch. It´s a smart business move

But yes, it is a bringer of toxicity, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Link this long list of content released after icc. I certainly hope this isn't based on the one shitty raid that next to noone did, and those who did it did it once.....you guys are reaching so hard it's making me cringe.

- - - Updated - - -

What do subs have to do with anything? You are being EXTREMELY disingenuous and you know it.
    was there content after ICC, yes there was (what you think about it does not really come into play), was Dec 8th 2009 about half way through the expansion (seeing as there was content delivered after ICC it's part of the expansion like it or not *anything up till Cata is part of the expansion truthfully..), no I'm not and you know it.....
    (maybe learn to read a calendar I even put the dates down, should have made it easy to see..)

*so if it was a drought as the person I replied to said it was, and the content (RS raid was so bad), what did keep people subbed....?

(*plus as I said removing RDF was not the only way they are butchering LK)
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-07-26 at 11:14 AM.

I'm guessing they removed LFG because that is what killed all community in WOW.
    Yeah this take is super accurate I remember how communal I felt when I sat in trade chat for 35 minutes spamming LF1M tank and then said "hey" to them at the beginning of the dungeon and never spoke again definitely a massive improvement over right now

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Yeah this take is super accurate I remember how communal I felt when I sat in trade chat for 35 minutes spamming LF1M tank and then said "hey" to them at the beginning of the dungeon and never spoke again definitely a massive improvement over right now
    From what I hear now unless you list in the LFG tool (the cheap knock off M+ one) you can't even talk in LFG chat.

Yeah but…

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    LFG will be released later on with some catch up patch. It´s a smart business move

But yes, it is a bringer of toxicity, sadly.

I dunno, I rather deal with toxic people for a quick dungeon run than shout constantly in a major city for an hour just to get one dungeon run in with people who could be just as toxic

Pretty hyped but just as with classic and bc i will just get bored real quick when realising i spent years playing that already.

But if dragonflight sucks i can always go to wrath and play that instead time to time.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therchias View Post
    I dunno, I rather deal with toxic people for a quick dungeon run than shout constantly in a major city for an hour just to get one dungeon run in with people who could be just as toxic
    An hour? I mean, if you are looking for a very specific dungeon I guess...

DAily HC runs are set and going quick, even now when none is playing during hte summer.

But again, I think it´s clear what Blizzard is playing with LFG. It will come back later on when they need to pull some guns Absolute no need for it through the first 3 or 5 months after release, when there will be players everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    An hour? I mean, if you are looking for a very specific dungeon I guess...

DAily HC runs are set and going quick, even now when none is playing during hte summer.

But again, I think it´s clear what Blizzard is playing with LFG. It will come back later on when they need to pull some guns Absolute no need for it through the first 3 or 5 months after release, when there will be players everywhere.
    I have a friend that used to play a Horde on Westfall (just unsubbed), you'd be lucky to get a group in a few days for most dungeons there (he said the World chat was quiet though no spam), next to impossible for lower level runs (it went ally lopsided, but enough of them so no free transfers) he was hoping for RDF to at least have some dungeons to run.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-07-26 at 01:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i havent had any issues at all with the LFG tool in its iteration. its actually pretty fast. works similar to the one in tbc classic which i also use all the time. either way its gonna be a good time.

- - - Updated - - -

also even if they do put lfg back in in a later patch thats fine too. when wrath was current content lfg didnt come out till the icc 5 mans dropped and icc raid opened. teh whole thing was a catch up mechanic for people to get into the final raid of the expansion. technically RS was the last raid but ICC was the culmination of the arthas story line

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    "Anti-boosting" kinda more like anti-fun.
    Not on the boosting aspect itself, but they could have simply greatly reduced the experience earned from running these places with a high level player in the party instead of making it impossible to farm.

I personally enjoy doing large AoE farms solo. I've never sold boosting services, but I did do ZF and ZG trash farming in Classic and Stratholme farming in TBC.

If the entire reasoning behind these changes is specifically due to the paid boosting services themselves, then I'm not sure why they needed to implement any changes outside of just reducing experience gains for being carried.

Sometimes it's nice to be able to farm an instanced area for money when you don't have a lot of consistent time. Farming actual stuff in the open world should be more effective over large periods of time, but I like having lower income instanced options available
    My thoughts exactly. Removing the ability to AoE farm seems stupid as hell when they could just nerfbat the XP gain. I really don't understand the logic. It must've taken a ton of work to do all those changes...

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Removing the ability to AoE farm seems stupid as hell when they could just nerfbat the XP gain. I really don't understand the logic. It must've taken a ton of work to do all those changes...
    Yeah. No idea.

I totally understand the boosting aspect, but it's one thing to make 200g an hour doing AoE farms and another to make 25g per person per run with 4 people in a group and 5 runs in an hour on top of the 200g per hour you're getting in raw mats.

I think ZG farming for trash drops was probably my favorite activity in all of Classic. Pay attention to a hyper specific route that isn't TOO long (Mara runs were SOOOOO long to set up and one mistake would cost you 5+ minutes of work) and then have fun doing the bridge set up. It was actually pretty engaging content unlike having a Black Lotus mafia set up lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hyped and excited on wotlk. Now i realize i dont want this with those changes. No LFG no fun imo. I know i know LFG was added like near the end of expansion but still i dont want to waste my time on manual or half manual and flyin to dungs. Ill stick to retail. No aoe farm christ sake they do push players to do annoyin job. Game should be fun not job. Most of us remember wotlk as best expansion you know why? Because it was a bit broken. Cheers.
    Last edited by czarek; 2022-07-26 at 04:31 PM.

Any idea if they are going to do a "pass" this time? They did the dark portal pass for a toon at 58 and a mount for TBC Classic. Nothing for Wrath?

Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    Any idea if they are going to do a "pass" this time? They did the dark portal pass for a toon at 58 and a mount for TBC Classic. Nothing for Wrath?
    They will, they've already announced there will be a level 70 boost and it's sure as hell not going to be free. I don't think it's going to be available to buy until prepatch, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    and even having some scaling in dungeons (adding challenge modes in their own words) at some point it sounds like ,oh ya added a crap version of the Retail LFG from the M+ stuff.

*current Dev's crap on everything they touch.
    Where did they say any of this? This is completely made up.

Quote Originally Posted by littlefoote View Post
    The second goal is about making sure Heroic dungeons stay attractive throughout the entire expansion. The Emblems and items they drop should always be valuable, even late in the expansion. They should also remain an interesting challenge throughout the entire expansion, rather than becoming excessively easy as your gear improves. We are exploring plans to add challenges to Heroic dungeons as the expansion proceeds, which would also provide more valuable rewards.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ne...h-king-classic

Quote Originally Posted by littlefoote View Post

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...eloper-update/

The difficulty of Naxxramas, the first raid tier of Wrath Classic, will be increased. They made the raid too easy when Wrath launched and don't want to repeat the same mistake.
    They're exploring the idea of 10/25-player raids dropping the same items.
    They want Heroic dungeons to stay relevant throughout the whole expansion.
    The developers are thinking about increasing the starting difficulty of Heroic dungeons and adding improved drops.
    Heroic dungeons will be updated with "Challenges" over the course of Wrath Classic that provide better rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    RDF was the reason that subs didn't drop during that whole year.
    As a player who enjoys playing alts, this is why Wrath was my favorite expansion. During the content drought, RDF kept me going as I played and geared all of my alts using Dungeon Finder.

Badges and Rep gave me meaningful reasons to run dungeons, and farming dungeons was exponentially more enjoyable then farming world dailies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...eloper-update/

"They want Heroic dungeons to stay relevant throughout the whole expansion."
    This is the most frustrating part. Heroic Dungeons already were relevant throughout the whole expansion the first time, and that's largely due to RDF making them much more accessible. And that's the part they want to remove. /facepalm

Of course the other part that made dungeons relevant the entire expansion was badge & rep farming, which they decided to remove in future expansions.

So they are sitting back with the Retail mindset trying to figure out how to make heroic dungeons relevant, since they haven't been relevant for many years in Retail, meanwhile they stumbled on the answer to this riddle in Wrath the first time around, but are dead set on "fixing" that until it's broken.

"We haven't been able to figure out how to make heroic dungeons relevant in Retail for several expansions, however we are going to remove the way we made them relevant back in 2009."

How to make dungeons relevant for an entire XPac:
    • Allow players to farm badges to purchase catch-up gear
    • Allow players to wear tabards to farm rep
    • Provide a tool that allows players easy access to dungeon groups without having to spam LFG for hours. (AKA Random Dungeon Finder)
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2022-07-27 at 05:42 PM.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    It is even less communal when you started being able to be shit, toxic and trolley without earning a reputation for it because you'd never see them again. I think you're severely miss remembering how much your (bad) behaviour stuck with you when you only played within your own server.

It is even less communal when you started being able to be shit, toxic and trolley without earning a reputation for it because you'd never see them again. I think you're severely miss remembering how much your (bad) behaviour stuck with you when you only played within your own server.
    just looking at the current forums everyone's kinda flocking to "mega-servers" and it's rare to see the same people in pugs most of the time anyway, most of the smaller servers are either dying out or getting so lopsided if you are on the low faction its possible that there are not enough people to even form a group (friend played on Westfall before they quite last week) and there were many times there were not more than 20 of the horde online there and most not near enough in levels for running dungeons *they did say world chat was quiet no spam (well dead was the word they used).