Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Most failed pvp ever

& i am talking mostly about arenas here, shadowlands has the worst imbalance between classes in pvp from all expansions, and this is mostly because of the covenants affecting it very strong, completely breaking any kind of fair gameplay and causing even deeper counter classes. What is even worse is probably the burst to health ratio, not only for damage but also for healing, being able to kill/heal someone in literally 1 second is just absurd. Aaand please remove the ability to "reset fights" so many times, and "forever kite" from pvp, is ruining it. I can`t even think/discuss of some broken classes, and how overpowered are right now and destroying all the fun in pvp, is literally only 2-3 specs dominating arenas, making people playing other classes just quit until 10.0...

I see a lot of people quit pvp even before having full gear... that's just ... deplorable design. Getting max gear is only 33% of a player's goal from a pvp perspective, getting gladiator is 66% goal and final goal of 100% is to get rank 1.
    Last edited by Nzembwamugumbwalchu; 2022-06-25 at 10:27 AM.

Wait wait wait..
    You say it is possible to kill someone in 1 second (meaning, almost a GCD => one ability) - but at the same time you say that they should end the kiting potential (which was even worse in other expansions).
    Did I understand you right?

Who are you to decide what peoples goals are? Your goals aint everyones goals.

Weird, I've been doing arenas since wotlk and honestly this is one of the best expansions for pvp in my opinion. The balance is good and gearing is best ever, giving you a reason to farm honor and increase ranks.

I haven't played this much arena since mop i think.

It's fun to gear up alts, pushing ranks to get more gear while the gear itself doesn't make a gigantic difference so you don't hit rank walls like in previous expansions (and most importantly pve gear is subpar for PvP as it should be, which wasn't the case in most of previous expansions).

They're fixing the biggest problem which was the gearing so HOPEFULLY we'll have a decent experience in Dragonflight.
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    The balance is good and gearing is best ever
    Well if nothing else that's a funny joke.

Weird, I've been doing arenas since wotlk and honestly this is one of the best expansions for pvp in my opinion. The balance is good and gearing is best ever, giving you a reason to farm honor and increase ranks.

I haven't played this much arena since mop i think.

It's fun to gear up alts, pushing ranks to get more gear while the gear itself doesn't make a gigantic difference so you don't hit rank walls like in previous expansions (and most importantly pve gear is subpar for PvP as it should be, which wasn't the case in most of previous expansions).
    It's good if you value restrictive reality like, u play that bis comp u play correct talents, legendaries, soulbind etc stuff, like it's all about configurations, not about skill and that's why this expansion is dog.

Alright there's some skill, you trade cds/ccs good, u auto lose vs any counter class within a 500 rating skill differential, very exciting game.

I'm not saying all these things make it really bad but I'm totally aware that the "pve" aspect of pvp is garbage rn and I much more prefer when the game isn't just a chain of cd trades. I think the game could be going in a good direction if they would make non cd play more impactful, literally everything is a cd right now it's soooo boring.
    Last edited by nvaelz; 2022-07-14 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post
    Well if nothing else that's a funny joke.

Well I played PvP long enough to remember shit like:
    - unkillable healers
    - healers that never go out of mana
    - pve raid gear being BiS in arena (shadowmourne, mythic trinkets, deathwing weapons, raid tier sets and so on)
    - double healer compa in 3s
    - no dampening
    - arena games that would go for 45 minutes and then end in draw making both teams lose
    - absolutely broken classes (not just specs) that didn't work in PvP at all
    - no reason to run bgs AT ALL since better gear came from arena or m+
    - uniteractive OP specs that required no skill to carry you (shit like cleansing totem that was fire and forget ftw spell for example, or time warp/bl wokrking in arena)
    - ladder dominated by 2-3 arena comps (RMP and TSG say hi)
    - mana burns and prot specs in 2s
    - completely busted racials like old EMFH or Will of the forsaken
    - there is a lot more but I can to list everything

Yeah, I'd rather take bursty meta of SL over all that crap. Maybe for you trying to kill a healer for 47 minutes was fun, I don't judge but it's really a bit too dumb for me.
    Last edited by melzas; 2022-07-15 at 12:13 PM.

SL S3 is dominated by one comp (RMP) moreso than any other season before it, and the gearing is much worse than WoD/MoP (5.4). So again, in which universe is the following true:

The balance is good and gearing is best ever
    ?

Hint: It's not.

Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post
    SL S3 is dominated by one comp (RMP) moreso than any other season before it, and the gearing is much worse than WoD/MoP (5.4). So again, in which universe is the following true:

?

Hint: It's not.
    Hint: check stats before replying with nonsense?

SL s3 is soooo dominated by RMP.... oh wait, let's see the ladders!

https://www.pvpleaderboard.com/leaderboards/3v3/us

I can see a good mix of all classes and spec, not exactly what I would call "dominated by one comp moreso than any other season before it". Actually it's the opposite. And WoD pvp you seem to be praising so much was a lot more dominated by certain classes (like resto druid, rogue and warrior). Look here for example: https://arenatracker.com/historical-...page=2#HLadder

And gearing in MoP and WoD was boring, rating didn't matter, bgs didn't matter, after getting your set you would never touch bgs anymore, which were filled with bots anyway. Also pvp gear was horrible for pve which was also stupid.

what do u mean covenants affecting gameplay? people clearly told me on this forum right before SL was released that covenants has 0 impact on the gameplay and its only 1% dps difference ?!?!?!
    when I said opposite they just were like I was stupid and bad
    Last edited by heheszek; 2022-07-17 at 07:56 AM.

participation tells you all you need to know about shadowlands pvp

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands pvp is completely fucked. I have hopes for DF with borrowed powers like covenants etc getting scrapped and gearing looking better, but as of right now I can only play it for cosmetics or I would be losing my shit over how bad it is.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People claiming that this is the best pvp are delusional.

Because you happen to have found a good spot, it doesn´t mean that it is good. It is easily at its worse state ever.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    People claiming that this is the best pvp are delusional.

Because you happen to have found a good spot, it doesn´t mean that it is good. It is easily at its worse state ever.
    Could you at least use some kind of argument instead of going "it's bad, because I say it's bad, it doesn't matter if you think it's good".

- unkillable healers
    - healers that never go out of mana
    - pve raid gear being BiS in arena (shadowmourne, mythic trinkets, deathwing weapons, raid tier sets and so on)
    - double healer compa in 3s
    - no dampening
    - arena games that would go for 45 minutes and then end in draw making both teams lose
    - absolutely broken classes (not just specs) that didn't work in PvP at all
    - no reason to run bgs AT ALL since better gear came from arena or m+
    - uniteractive OP specs that required no skill to carry you (shit like cleansing totem that was fire and forget ftw spell for example, or time warp/bl wokrking in arena)
    - ladder dominated by 2-3 arena comps (RMP and TSG say hi)
    - mana burns and prot specs in 2s
    - completely busted racials like old EMFH or Will of the forsaken
    - there is a lot more but I can to list everything

Yeah, I'd rather take bursty meta of SL over all that crap. Maybe for you trying to kill a healer for 47 minutes was fun, I don't judge but it's really a bit too dumb for me.
    I completely agree.

I remember when we were facing 5 holy priests in 5v5 arena in WOTLK. Their name was "We have all day" and they were unkillable.
    Or resto druid + priest + Ret Pala and the Bubble+Wing synchro made the paladin unkillable while it also didn't lower his DMG done. It was pretty crazy comp.
    And the corruptions in BFA -> random one-shots(120% of HP done) in the matter of 0,5s.

PvP isn't ideal and it won't ever be perfectely balanced, but it's in the good state right now. There are still some bullshits happening, but it's less and less.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzembwamugumbwalchu View Post
    i am talking mostly about arenas here, shadowlands has the worst imbalance between classes in pvp from all expansions
    Last edited by Eazy; 2022-07-26 at 09:36 AM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Could you at least use some kind of argument instead of going "it's bad, because I say it's bad, it doesn't matter if you think it's good".

Not really, lots of people have put arguments (me included) over the last year all over here, in wowhead and official forums. I am simply done with it and with writting the same thing over and over.
    Luckily, DF is going to bring big changes.

Remove arena, add more battlegrounds.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzembwamugumbwalchu View Post
    & i am talking mostly about arenas here, shadowlands has the worst imbalance between classes in pvp from all expansions, and this is mostly because of the covenants affecting it very strong, completely breaking any kind of fair gameplay and causing even deeper counter classes. What is even worse is probably the burst to health ratio, not only for damage but also for healing, being able to kill/heal someone in literally 1 second is just absurd. Aaand please remove the ability to "reset fights" so many times, and "forever kite" from pvp, is ruining it. I can`t even think/discuss of some broken classes, and how overpowered are right now and destroying all the fun in pvp, is literally only 2-3 specs dominating arenas, making people playing other classes just quit until 10.0...

I see a lot of people quit pvp even before having full gear... that's just ... deplorable design. Getting max gear is only 33% of a player's goal from a pvp perspective, getting gladiator is 66% goal and final goal of 100% is to get rank 1.

wrath had the worst pvp!
    you can start with the most broken pvp season of all time S5 = DK AND PALLYS!
    then the removal of 2v2 in wrath = could not get season awards/title or t2 gear weapon and shoulders.... billz said its broken and cant not be balanced with dks and pallys dpsing/taking and that crap. crazy most dont know 2v2 was scrapped in wrath lol. when a company tells you dont play 2v2 that means its really fing broke!

its funny how people think wrath was so balanced when it was 100% broken in every way open world 1v1 2v2 5v5 bgs even 3v3 was crap until the middle of the x pac.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Rated battle grounds are bad ass!
    if TBC had rated bgs it would be close to perfect!

People trashed Ashran - but I thought the base idea of it was one of the best they've had in a long time.

We need more continuous, evolving epic/large scale BGs.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

People trashed Ashran - but I thought the base idea of it was one of the best they've had in a long time.

We need more continuous, evolving epic/large scale BGs.
    They're pretty much reimplementing wintergrasp as a big, might as well do the same for ashram, too. That'll let people get those rewards again.

Nah, other way around. Remove BGs and add more arenas. Or don't, I guess it doesn't matter how many arenas we have. As long as BGs are removed I'd be happy, worst content in the entire game and it isn't even close. It's literally "PvP" where individual player skill is completely irrelevant, talk about a giant waste of time. A shame they're required to upgrade gear.

As for the topic though, this season is fantastic for PvP. Gearing is fairly fast, the worst part is the BG grind by far, but balance is great. Literally every class has viable comps at top tier, most classes have multiple strong comps, and there's an insane amount of variety on the ladder. Games are long enough that you have time to cycle CDs, but not so long that they get boring and tedious like in previous expansions. Most games go about 5 minutes, all the healers can oom, there's a good amount of defensive and offensive abilities for every class, the overall feel of the game is quite good.

The only time someone dies fast is when they majorly misuse CDs. I guess at low ratings that happens a lot, so maybe that's why some players dislike it? This season definitely does require you to know what different classes do. But honestly, if you're ever "dying in 1 second" I think you might just want to hotkey your abilities, because that should literally never happen.