Mage and Paladin, called it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

has the invite wave gone out yet ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    It seems like we may get Ysera back sooner than later - while wowhead speculates that the green aspect on the new loading screen is Merithra, it looks far more like a new Ysera model - it even has her new blue eyes:

Interesting that Blizzard would spoil that with the loading screen already though.
    Yea, she looks way more like an updated Ysera rather than Merithra. Also, there's a bunch of Ysera NPC entries in the dragonflight database already, all of which are missing models meaning it's either encrypted or not added yet, including one that's literally called "Ysera Dragon Uprez" so I'm fairly certain that it is Ysera on the screen and that she is coming back early on in the leveling process. Important to keep in mind that in Shadowlands epilogue, Ysera said she'll soar the skies of Azeroth again if Elune wills it. If they wanted her to remain dead, they wouldn't have left it open ended like that.
    Last edited by Adoxe; 2022-07-26 at 11:04 PM.

Mage trees look ROUGH. Yikes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biruteka View Post
    Its very clear that its not Ysera
    They already re-designed Alextrasza, and Ysera's model was always based on her. They teased her return to Azeroth during the Shadowlands epilogue. She has blue eyes and blue Ardenweald magic around the halfmoon thingy - the same halfmoon thingy Ysera's current model has. And she looks nothing like Merithra's "new" Dragonflight model:

Which, fair enough, could be a placeholder. But on the other side, afaik we already have an encrypted new Ysera model on the Alpha.

The only counter point against it being Ysera could be the colour of her skin, but that could be artistic license - the one from Alex also isn't 1:1 the one from her new ingame model either, and they also switched the tone of Sylvanas' skin in Shadowlands twice depending on her armour set lol.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-07-26 at 11:06 PM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

We get Odyn's Fury back, I can now sleep soundly.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

They already re-designed Alextrasza, and Ysera's model was always based on her. They teased her return to Azeroth during the Shadowlands epilogue. She has blue eyes and blue Ardenweald magic around the halfmoon thingy - the same halfmoon thingy Ysera's current model has. And she looks nothing like Merithra's "new" Dragonflight model:

Which, fair enough, could be a placeholder. But on the other side, afaik we already have an encrypted new Ysera model on the Alpha.

The only counter point against it being Ysera could be the colour of her skin, but that could be artistic license - the one from Alex also isn't 1:1 the one from her new ingame model either, and they also switched the tone of Sylvanas' skin in Shadowlands twice depending on her armour set lol.
    That's definitely a placeholder.

I sure as hell hope they don't bring Ysera back in the novel.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also - looks like we may get pre-Deathwing Neltharion style shoulders? Maybe from his lair?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    That's definitely a placeholder.

I sure as hell hope they don't bring Ysera back in the novel.
    Nothing wrong with having stuff in novels. There is literally no difference between having to read through quests or having to read a novel, although reading a novel is actually better for a good story. That said, I think they will bring her back either during the initial leveling experience or early on in the max level campaign.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Nothing wrong with having stuff in novels. There is literally no difference between having to read through quests or having to read a novel, although reading a novel is actually better for a good story. That said, I think they will bring her back either during the initial leveling experience or early on in the max level campaign.
    There's a massive difference actually. Two of them. You have to pay more to learn more of the story, and it's in an entirely different type of media. Maybe if it was a short story for free on their website, that'd be cool. But no, it's not.

Something like Chronicles is cool, because it's like an encyclopedia that goes deep into the lore of the world in general. But releasing a companion novel for each expansion that players who like the lore feel forced to buy because there's important details isn't nice. Of course people can get a PDF illegally through some means but that's not really nice is it?

5+ Year Old Account
    Might be the best loading screen so far! I love it.
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

It seems like we may get Ysera back sooner than later - while wowhead speculates that the green aspect on the new loading screen is Merithra, it looks far more like a new Ysera model - it even has her new blue eyes:

Interesting that Blizzard would spoil that with the loading screen already though.
    Interesting that Blizzard would spoil that with the loading screen already though. - for that single reason you can know it's not Ysera

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Might be the best loading screen so far! I love it.
    Absolutely agree with you! It's so light and casual, nothing fancy or flashy. Pretty toned-down. Really, really love it as well
    I'm a huge fan of simple art concepts since to me by default the more fancy something is, the faster it gets boring and unappealing.

Loading screen looks really good. But when do they not?

Also lets not forget about Krexus. Appearing in a loading screen really means nothing other than you look cool/pretty.

After seeing warrior talents, think im more hyped for DF than any expansion. Legion 2nd.

@Xilurm
    Those are the ruby life pools right? Looks freaking incredible

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    @Xilurm
    Those are the ruby life pools right? Looks freaking incredible
    I really hope there's an opening at the top where you can dive in when dragonriding.

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyWarrior View Post
    After seeing warrior talents, think im more hyped for DF than any expansion. Legion 2nd.
    I want Ancient Aftershock back. Grumble grumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Yea, she looks way more like an updated Ysera rather than Merithra. Also, there's a bunch of Ysera NPC entries in the dragonflight database already, all of which are missing models meaning it's either encrypted or not added yet, including one that's literally called "Ysera Dragon Uprez" so I'm fairly certain that it is Ysera on the screen and that she is coming back early on in the leveling process. Important to keep in mind that in Shadowlands epilogue, Ysera said she'll soar the skies of Azeroth again if Elune wills it. If they wanted her to remain dead, they wouldn't have left it open ended like that.
    Following up on my post from earlier.

This dagger from this wowhead post is called "Knife_1H_Ysera"

and this off-hand is called "Offhand_1H_Ysera"

If you compare the design of those weapons to the new model on the loading screen, it's a perfect match to her new armor, specifically the hair band and the hipguards. The person on the loading screen is without a doubt resurrected Ysera, not Merithra.