Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    By all means, explain how ESO new expac trailer has generated 3x as many views on YT in a month as WoWF trailer, even tho DF had a 6 month head start on it
    Not really sure how you did the math But ye, it has more views. DF trailer has twice as many upvotes and comments though.

Maybe it got more views because of algorithm, dislikes (which we can't see) or just because its an awesome trailer?
    Last edited by Funkyjunky; 2022-07-26 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I really hate this thread because nothing being said is logical. Everyone who hates retail just comes here to voice why the game sucks and how nothing Blizzard does matters. Please get help. This isn’t healthy. If you don’t like the game it’s time to move on.
    Same can be said for those defending it. Blanket post like this, and mine, are just as useless. So thanks for making me sink to your level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    I suggest looking at current ESO forums as the next update people are threatening a mass exodus due to combat overhall
    The announced they are dialling back on that due to the feedback. Maybe something blizz can learn, listening to the community.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    By all means, explain how ESO new expac trailer has generated 3x as many views on YT in a month as WoWF trailer, even tho DF had a 6 month head start on it

Or any of the other population metrics that show wow classic is more popular than retail. Or how ff14 has more players/raiders. Etc. Not a single metric is in wow retails favor. None.

There’s tons of evidence out there, you just have to read between the lines. Blizz will never again release sub#’s out of embarrassment
    How are you this bad at math?

Dragonflight April 19th, 3 months ago 2,480,437 views.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZtedjN1JXY

ESO June 6th, 1 month ago 3,331,246 views.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XaI-EOVpDvo

It’s not even close to a 6month head start or 3x the views.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

1+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Soikona;53859608]Same can be said for those defending it. Blanket post like this, and mine, are just as useless. So thanks for making me sink to your level.

I think it’s better for me to simply read and leave my comments to myself on this forum going forward. People are stuck in their ways.

Or any of the other population metrics that show wow classic is more popular than retail. Or how ff14 has more players/raiders. Etc. Not a single metric is in wow retails favor. None.

There’s tons of evidence out there, you just have to read between the lines. Blizz will never again release sub#’s out of embarrassment
    ESO and WoW appeal to different types of gamers. There is some crossover but it’s marginal. Likes or views on a YouTube video aren’t evidence.

None of those fan sites are accurate because no one has access to the WoW api to pull accurate numbers. You’re pulling “evidence” out of your ass.

Finally, read between the lines is moron-speak for “If I spew enough bullshit maybe someone will eventually believe me.”

Raid logs, YouTube likes/views, mmopopulation, and plenty more exist. Read between the lines. It’s up to you whether you wanna believe the evidence or live in make believe.

Blizz will never release subs again, so you have to read between the lines.

Ff14 has more active raids and players logged, classic wow does too. Osrs is the most played mmorpg on the planet, and I believe even lost ark tops wow now. ESO can generate 3x the clicks in a single month than WoW trailer has in half a year

Wow retail is about as bad of shape as it’s ever been and wow DF isn’t exactly bringing the hype. Even wotlk has more clicks and attention on it
    You did not just unironically say use mmo population did you

Double, my mistake. Either way, it’s been a month and it generated twice the views as wow DF did in half a year. That’s a major clue right there about ESO population.

ESO is trending on the right direction after years of excellent dev work.

I’m a diehard WoW fan. I once drove 3000 miles for the first blizzcon. I’d really love to be able to say wow retail was doing great and DF looks great… but I simply can’t. It feels a decade behind the other mmorpgs out there in many ways.

I want WoW to succeed and be #1 but it’s clear this current dev team, and their plan to turn WoW into seasonal mmo d3, aren’t working for the vast majority of WoW players who’ve walked away

Hell, classic wow has more active raiders by a significant margin.
    The DF trailer was 3 months ago not half a year ago

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Let’s see, lack of covenants
    That we know of yet
    no craftable legendary’s,
    That we know of yet
    no forces Torghast,
    That we know of yet
    no limited entry zones like the maw,
    That we know of yet
    sure is lacking a lot of shadowlands features to be literally shadowlands.
    Sure is. Shadowlands 2.0.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    That we know of yet

That we know of yet

That we know of yet

That we know of yet

Sure is. Shadowlands 2.0.
    So if we take out all of the key features of shadowlands then its just like shadowlands? well I suppose I can't argue with logic that solid.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Same can be said for those defending it. Blanket post like this, and mine, are just as useless. So thanks for making me sink to your level.
    He makes a solid argument though. Why are you constantly attacking a game in a forum (that isn’t going to pass feedback onto the developers) for no end result except to say “I’m outraged” if you hate it so much why don’t you just move on and let those who like it continue to like it? Just like their opinion won’t make you like it, your opinion won’t make them hate it.
    If the game has such a grip on you that you need to stay unsubscribed but constantly on a forum about that same game and writing constantly to threads about it and arguing with people about the game, do you not think there is an underlying problem you need to get help with?
    I come and go from it. I enjoy the game for what it is and I also don’t like aspects of it. But if I don’t like it I’m not going to complain for 34 pages and continue to hold the ground of “no this game is terrible everyone must agree with me”

I don’t like mushrooms. I’m not going to go join a forum for mushroom farmers and tell them how much I hate them and argue about it. That would be stupid.

The same is said for a game.

I get you have invested a lot of time in it. You probably really liked it at some point. But with changes that have been made you don’t like it anymore and that’s ok. Nobody is judging that change of opinion. But that doesn’t mean you need to constantly hold onto it.
    You’re allowed to move on and do other things. If you love FF or ESO you’re allowed to. You don’t have to come here though and say “They do it so much better in X game” They are allowed to have better features in another game. They will all do things differently in better or worse ways. That’s what makes them different games.

So consider it. Consider just not logging in and arguing about a game you either play or don’t play or like or don’t like. Your opinion won’t change our minds like our opinions won’t change yours. But your actions in moving on might give you some kind of sense of peace and also time to invest in other areas of your life.
    Last edited by Hobbidaggy; 2022-07-27 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    And everyone I know is very disappointed and turned off by all the info coming out.

It's almost like... personal environments suffer from biases and self-selective distortions.

IMAGINE THAT.
    People think differently, huh? They have different opinions and ideas?

Wow. That's a deep and cogent argument there, dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ulululu View Post
    That's where you notice that he's compensating for things no one even cares about, really. He just wants to complain and he doesn't even know, why.
    First day on these forums, eh?

Because that's all this place is.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

There's no reason for WoW not to have housing 10 years ago at this point. Hell, i could create housing in WoW in a matter of an afternoon so i damn sure know these jokers could have done it years ago if they wanted it.
    Highlighted a key part there…..

YOU don't want housing. 99.99% of MMORPG players do, and have since the days of MUDs. WoW is literally the only MMORPG that doesn't offer housing, and it's a shame because the artwork is done already. Convert old raids into guild homes, sell homes on the wow store like ESO for holiday events, give people a reason to do old raids by unlocking cosmetics and furniture items, etc.

There's no reason for WoW not to have housing 10 years ago at this point. Hell, i could create housing in WoW in a matter of an afternoon so i damn sure know these jokers could have done it years ago if they wanted it.

Name me an MMORPG that doesn't offer housing... it's just WoW basically.
    And 180% want a cheese grater and a bucket of shoelaces for their birthdays.

Statistics are funny things, aren't they?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want to burst your bubble but both FF14 and ESO have, significantly, more active players than WoW does currently. ESO completely dwarfs WoW at the moment in terms of player count.

Housing Gives life to old content via furniture and other housing unlocks people would hunt forever, it gives guilds more of a guildhall and identity, it gives PERSONAL identity to players, it gives a place for blizz to add fun games and activities that don't affect others gameplay, it gives them $ by allowing them to sell themed homes during holidays or events, etc etc.

There is no negative to adding housing to WoW, especially when 90% of the artwork has been done for years now and just would need to be copy/pasted to another setting. Every single raid in WoW could have relevant housing items, and that would make every single bit of content (every raid, 5man, pvp, world content, etc) relevant for life.
    Then go play them. You sound like you prefer them, and it would take less effort you to just go have fun playing them than it would be to stay around here, repeating the same refrain over and over and over again.

And even if we agreed with you, what do you want us to do about it? People (but certainly not 99.99% of them) have been asking for player housing for a decade or more, and it hasn't happened yet. Apparently we're not the ones that can make it happen.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    People think differently, huh? They have different opinions and ideas?

Wow. That's a deep and cogent argument there, dude.
    Not sure you should be calling anything cogent when you quite clearly did not understand what was actually said.

You can read it again, slowly (use your finger if it helps). Or I think many pages back someone actually explained it for the slow readers, you can look at that, too.

If it's COGENT enough for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    We are simply asking you to go ahead and post your sources. Should be simple since its "everywhere" right?
    His source is "dude, trust me".

- - - Updated - - -

The announced they are dialling back on that due to the feedback. Maybe something blizz can learn, listening to the community.
    Blizzard does listen to the community. Not caving to your every whine and demand does not = not listening to you.

I don't want to burst your bubble but both FF14 and ESO have, significantly, more active players than WoW does currently. ESO completely dwarfs WoW at the moment in terms of player count.

Housing Gives life to old content via furniture and other housing unlocks people would hunt forever, it gives guilds more of a guildhall and identity, it gives PERSONAL identity to players, it gives a place for blizz to add fun games and activities that don't affect others gameplay, it gives them $ by allowing them to sell themed homes during holidays or events, etc etc.

There is no negative to adding housing to WoW, especially when 90% of the artwork has been done for years now and just would need to be copy/pasted to another setting. Every single raid in WoW could have relevant housing items, and that would make every single bit of content (every raid, 5man, pvp, world content, etc) relevant for life.
    I don't understand - do you have any numbers to back up the claims?

Do you have any evidence on that WoW players moves to FF/ESO(because of i.e housing)? Or do they just stop playing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    That's the problem - I personally know a significant amount of people over in FFXIV, EVE, and ESO that would still be playing WoW instead if WoW didn't become so hyperfocused on eSports content. WoW players, and effectively Blizzard themselves, have been saying "Go play X if you want Y" for nearly two decades. The problem for WoW is that people actually listened to that advice.

So of the remaining playerbase, I wouldn't be surprised if a minority of players still wanted housing or other features that aren't "legitimate" in the eyes of the developers. And that's because so many have already been driven away, even if they still love the franchise and would gladly return if they felt their desires and playstyles were given a modicum of respect.
    Blizzard knows you - they have the required data.

They know that they could implement housing tomorrow(if they believed in you) - yet you would go back to FF and complain about why we can't have bunny ears in WoW. Classic flakey behaviour of the impossible customer while wasting resources.

You see - commitment goes both ways. And the majority(committed) is fine without housing. You can come back, when we feel like want housing(if ever) - not when the FF players decides, what we should have in WoW.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-07-28 at 08:49 AM.

DF seems like a continuation of the infinite flight story that is way more intresting than the shameless retconlands. Hopefully they wont mess around with time travel too much because its an easy to fuck up like they did in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Nah it just means everyone you know has the mentality and IQ if a dead rat.
    Imagine lacking self awareness to this level.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    His source is "dude, trust me".

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard does listen to the community. Not caving to your every whine and demand does not = not listening to you.
    Oh yea that’s right, you have a fair point. The community didn’t have an uproar about covs not swapping during beta, or conduit swapping costs during beta. Was that changed when the feedback was given? No. Was it changed? Yes when they realise we were right.

Sometimes, just sometimes, when the community is acting as a collective on an issue, maybe it is an issue. Something blizz can learn.

Oh yea that’s right, you have a fair point. The community didn’t have an uproar about covs not swapping during beta, or conduit swapping costs during beta. Was that changed when the feedback was given? No. Was it changed? Yes when they realise we were right.

Sometimes, just sometimes, when the community is acting as a collective on an issue, maybe it is an issue. Something blizz can learn.
    Wrong on all counts. There wasn't an uproar. There was a vocal minority who complained. They didn't change them because they realized you were right. They changed it right as the story went from the player aligning with one covenant and helping them to all covenants coming together to work as one. You and the vocal minority were not right and the community was not acting as a collective.

Absolutely hilarious that players are taking credit for the change and claiming that made them right when the changes align perfectly with the story.