Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If a studio hires Sophia Lillis to be in their movie, they will not be concerned with making Lillis look unrecognizable under makeup.

The level of insanity on this forum is laughable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh another senseless Syegfryed discussion...

Looks better than the older D&D films but not much. Looks like a lot of bad costumes and cringy acting. I hate it when they do some rock song remix for a trailer instead of using the music from the movie. You can only depend on the lord of the rings, the hobbit, and the original Conan the barbarian for fantasy movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    For sure after the movie people will start doing human skinned tiefling, that however does not change the fact that was not something popular or wide used.
    Neither are the 5e examples you used specifically, considering there are more popular depictions of tieflings that you already disagree with.

Jester from Critical Role is often depicted with humanoid eyes, and not whatever 5e official art that you consider to be 'more popular'

7+ Year Old Account
    Like i give two shits about what studios want

the level of insanity in this forum is indeed, laughable

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    If a studio hires Sophia Lillis to be in their movie, they will not be concerned with making Lillis look unrecognizable under makeup.

It's already a shame she's turning into an owlbear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Neither are the 5e examples you used specifically, considering there are more popular depictions of tieflings that you already disagree with.
    That is just not true, the examples i said are popular and people know then.

just google tiefling and see what the official art are and most fannart and people drawing their own characters, the skin tones will go from red to purple, it is the most common, saying isn't its denying the truth.

Im just saying i would be better the common depiction since is the most well know,there is no reason or logic for people to be bitching about what i think about for pages to come.

That is just not true, the examples i said are popular and people know then.

just google tiefling and see what the official art are and most fannart and people drawing their own characters, the skin tones will go from red to purple, it is the most common, saying isn't its denying the truth.

Im just saying i would be better the common depiction since is the most well know,there is no reason or logic for people to be bitching about what i think about for pages to come.
    Cuz you're not just providing an opinion, you're trying to convince everyone that the 5e official art happens to be more widely known and accepted, when really it's just one of many depictions that people are simply aware of. If it were that popular and definitive, then you wouldn't be the only one here with a problem with it and so many people saying otherwise. Your opinion would be the popular one, and based on this thread alone it doesn't seem the case at all.

To be honest, the biggest criticism I've seen over the Tiefling is turning into an Owlbear. I've seen articles written about it. There's been nothing controversial about her looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Eh, I mean it's not like this hasn't happened plenty of times in film already. It's far from "insanity".

Shit, if someone hadn't told me, I might have never guessed that Nebula was Karen Gillan, for instance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cuz you're not just providing an opinion, you're trying to convince everyone that the 5e official art happens to be more widely known and accepted, when really it's just one of many depictions that people are simply aware of. If it were that popular and definitive, then you wouldn't be the only one here with a problem with it and so many people saying otherwise. Your opinion would be the popular one, and based on this thread alone it doesn't seem the case at all.
    Im not trying to convince people who deny the truth, im just responding to people who quote me.

My opinion is that the popular depiction of tiefling should be used for the movie, end.

Saying the red/purple skinned tiefling, or at least, the ones with strong devilish features/different skin tone, is not the most popular depiction is people being wrong, and you are free to think like that

Saying the red/purple skinned tiefling, or at least, the ones with strong devilish features/different skin tone, is not the most popular depiction is people being wrong, and you are free to think like that
    there is no reason or logic for people to be bitching about what i think about for pages to come.
    Gee, you're literally saying people are wrong about popular depictions that you can't even confirm, and wonder why there's no reason for them to respond to your logically flawed opinions

Tieflings come in all sorts of colors. There's no 'popular depiction' other than what you consider it to be.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-07-27 at 04:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gee, you're literally saying people are wrong about popular depictions that you can't even confirm, and wonder why there's no reason for them to respond to your logically flawed opinions
    People are wrong about saying tieflings with different colors and strong devilish features are not the most common ones.

Hell you even brought one that was fucking blue, in the same critical role you can see a bone white, pink and red tieflings as important figures LUL

People are wrong about saying tieflings with different colors and strong devilish features are not the most common ones.

Hell you even brought one that was fucking blue, in the same critical role you can see a bone white, pink and red tieflings as important figures LUL
    Yet you said red and purple were most popular. That's why I brought up critical role's Jester, who is blue. The point being they come in all sorts of colors and are recognized as Tieflings regardless of what color depiction from any singular source.

I mean the same can be extended to Dragons in a way, though D&D happens to portray Reds as being more dominant in this case. That doesn't immediately equate Red Dragons as being more popular.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yet you said red and purple were most popular.
    Because they are.

The point being they come in all sorts of colors and are recognized as Tieflings regardless of what color depiction from any singular source.
    Yessss, and when you see an elf with horns, you don't recognized as tiefling immediately.

I mean the same can be extended to Dragons in a way, though D&D happens to portray Reds as being more dominant in this case. That doesn't immediately equate Red Dragons as being more popular.
    Red dragons are more popular

i don't care about "solid eye color" or not, what i care is "not human eyes"
    And "Not human eyes" is not what is described in the book. That's a feature you have decided on.

you are weirdly nittpicking at this, for what purpose i still don't know, since i will still say its a bad depiction and it would be better a more well know one.
    I'm not "weirdly nitpicking". You keep moving the goalposts.

You're the one that is complaining that the Tiefling in the movie isn't accurate...and you are basing that off of "official art" that also isn't, according to the printed rules of the game, accurate.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Because they are.
    Based on what metric?

All you're going on is your opinion of what is most popular, lol. Blue Tiefling is also highly popular because of Jester in Critical Role, which has a wider-reaching mainstream audience. Many people may recognize Tieflings through Jester before they even opened or read the 5e handbook, and they would recognize a Blue Tiefling as being the more popular version. It's a matter of perspective.

That is exactly what I'm pointing out. It's your opinion on the matter. You're fine to have the opinion that red or purple tiefling is most popular, but it doesn't make it factually relevant because there is no way for you to define it as being the most popular depiction. Popularity constantly shifts and gets redefined. Like, I would even go as far as saying the most popular Tiefling in mainstream pop culture right now is probably Jester. Few other well-known Tieflings in any other media come to mind.

The mere existence of this movie trailer and having millions of eyeballs (16m at the time of this post) on that new Tiefling character potentially makes that one character the most recognized Tiefling to date. And the character's design? Loosely based on the 3rd edition depiction of a 'human' skinned Tiefling, which is also official art.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-07-27 at 05:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    And "Not human eyes" is not what is described in the book. That's a feature you have decided on.
    Believe what you want man, the book does not say normal human eyes.

I'm not "weirdly nitpicking". You keep moving the goalposts.
    there is no moving goalposts, you people are just making stuff up.

You're the one that is complaining that the Tiefling in the movie isn't accurate...and you are basing that off of "official art" that also isn't, according to the printed rules of the game, accurate.
    So you are basically saying we should pick what is the "accurate" version, despite official art and the book ones being official and canon? ok

Like i said, regardless of what you think, the image people see when they imagine a tiefling is not a normal human with horns, it think it would be better to make the tiefling in the movie like most people know then, end.

- - - Updated - - -

Based on what metric?
    Dunno, maybe play the game and be part of the communities, search fannart of people characters, pinterest and google is full of then

All you're going on is your opinion of what is most popular, lol. Blue Tiefling is also highly popular because of Jester in Critical Role, which has a wider-reaching mainstream audience.
    Blue tiefling was already a thing before her, and yet, she is not more popular than the red/purple ones.

That is exactly what I'm pointing out. It's your opinion on the matter.
    I like how everything in this forums you try to make up as its nothing is objective, nothing is something right or factually truth, tis all about "opinions",Despite we having plenty of exampls to proof that

Well friend, its your opinion that there is not something more popular or well know than another.

Dunno, maybe play the game and be part of the communities, search fannart of people characters, pinterest and google is full of then
    Then you're just talking about popularity of your own little community.

Blue tiefling was already a thing before her, and yet, she is not more popular than the red/purple ones.
    Again, based on what metric? Google even shows plenty of Blues amongst the reds and purples that you listed. What is making Red and Purple definitively more popular? You're saying be part of the communities, yet the communities themselves are not definitively what decides something to be most popular. You're talking about individual places.

Just like this forum is a WoW community yet its collective opinions do not reflect community-wide popularity. You'd find New Class discussion here wildly different from any other community, like Reddit or the WoW forums or Discord.

I like how everything in this forums you try to make up as its nothing is objective, nothing is something right or factually truth, tis all about "opinions",Despite we having plenty of exampls to proof that

Well friend, its your opinion that there is not something more popular or well know than another.
    If you have proof then show it. I see nothing here but more opinion from you really.

I showed you my proof. 16m views of a trailer that has a Tiefling in it. How many communities can you boast with that level of recognition?

And you are correct. Anecdotal evidence is not objective fact. That is why I can counter your argument by providing a different observation that is equally true. There can be multiple perspectives that offer multiple views of the same source to be true.

Last edited by Triceron; 2022-07-27 at 05:29 PM.

Believe what you want man, the book does not say normal human eyes.
    I've told you exactly what the book says about eyes. This whole "not normal eyes" is something you invented. According to the books...Tieflings should have eyes that are a solid colour. You brought in "official art" that doesn't follow the rules. At the same time you are complaining that the movie doesn't follow those rules.

there is no moving goalposts, you people are just making stuff up.
    I mean, we can go through everything you said. First you said she had no demonic features. People pointed out that she has horns and a tail. Then you moved the goal posts to her horns not being animal and not demonic. Then I specifically pointed out that the horns can be of various shapes, styles, and colours. Then you moved the goalposts to the horns not being exactly like the horns on two pieces of official artwork. Which i then pointed out that even that official artwork does not follow the actual description of Tiefling eyes.

So, the only way the movie isn't being accurate about Tiefling appearance is with her eyes. And you're fine with official art that also isn't accurate about the eyes.

So you are basically saying we should pick what is the "accurate" version, despite official art and the book ones being official and canon? ok
    The "official art" you brought up doesn't even follow the rules you think are so important
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Ahh another senseless Syegfryed discussion...
    This is a masterclass in argument trolling. After 10 pages, if you can accurately guess what his stance is you win 100 MMO-Coins.