Hopefully we will actually get the regular brown Highmountain eagles, and not just these new ones.
    Blizzard has avoided giving us the regular eagle ever since Legion. They had the chance with Highmountain rep, secrets, emissary, and even the unique hunter mount, but no.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    I would prefer Highmountain Warlocks. There's precedent with the Feltotem, and it would serve to distinguish them from baseline Tauren.
    The endgame is to have all classes for all races (besides Evoker because it makes no sense for other races, although they could just use them for the visage form). There is literally no need to distinguish races with classes anymore tbh. Highmountains are blessed by Cenarius and coming from the Broken Isles - that's enough to make them unique.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    The endgame is to have all classes for all races (besides Evoker because it makes no sense for other races, although they could just use them for the visage form). There is literally no need to distinguish races with classes anymore tbh. Highmountains are blessed by Cenarius and coming from the Broken Isles - that's enough to make them unique.
    I'm definitely curious if they'll do that for DHs as well as there really doesn't seem to be a good story for that right now, especially for races like LF Draenei that weren't on Azeroth when DHs were first created. The rest of the classes I think could work (though a few might need some story to help them make sense), but I'm really not sure how you make any new race go through all the sacrifices & hardships DHs do without Illidan or the Legion acting as catalysts for it.

Any word on whether they've added any story for any of the new race/class combos? I'd love to see a Tauren Rogue saying they've always been there or maybe an Orc starting to learn about how to wield the Light as an intro for the new combos.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I'm definitely curious if they'll do that for DHs as well as there really doesn't seem to be a good story for that right now, especially for races like LF Draenei that weren't on Azeroth when DHs were first created. The rest of the classes I think could work (though a few might need some story to help them make sense), but I'm really not sure how you make any new race go through all the sacrifices & hardships DHs do without Illidan or the Legion acting as catalysts for it.

Any word on whether they've added any story for any of the new race/class combos? I'd love to see a Tauren Rogue saying they've always been there or maybe an Orc starting to learn about how to wield the Light as an intro for the new combos.
    Not sure about Orc Priests but there are actually quite a few Elven Shamans on the Dragon Isles (even though they aren't playable yet 'cause they need to design the totems first). I would say they will sprinkle the new class/race combos into the game when it makes sense. Also we always had Outlaw Tauren pirates in the game since vanilla.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the folks opinion on the new loading screen with Alex and the crew?

Particularly the identity of the Green dragon in their visage form in the back. I've seen conflicting opinions on whether it is Merithra (based on her taking a lead role in the Green flight's story), or whether it is Ysera (facial markings, horns, and moon-crest-thing are a dead giveaway, but why would they have her revival plastered on a loading screen unless it's a loading screen for after her revival?).

There are also some datamined weapons with Ysera's name in the file-name which seem to match this figure's armour.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Not sure about Orc Priests but there are actually quite a few Elven Shamans on the Dragon Isles (even though they aren't playable yet 'cause they need to design the totems first). I would say they will sprinkle the new class/race combos into the game when it makes sense. Also we always had Outlaw Tauren pirates in the game since vanilla.
    There is also Mishka, the SI:7 Draenei rogue (uses Stealth and has Energy as a resource, is part of an intelligence organization consisting largely of rogues).
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Don't forget that file names aren't always accurate (see all the old stuff for the forsaken with "Scourge" in them, for example).

Also just because they're on a loading screen doesn't mean they're actually super important. I mean, look at Shadowlands. Margrave Krexus suuuure was important, huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post

Particularly the identity of the Green dragon in their visage form in the back. I've seen conflicting opinions on whether it is Merithra (based on her taking a lead role in the Green flight's story), or whether it is Ysera (facial markings, horns, and moon-crest-thing are a dead giveaway, but why would they have her revival plastered on a loading screen unless it's a loading screen for after her revival?).

There are also some datamined weapons with Ysera's name in the file-name which seem to match this figure's armour.
    I think it would be pretty weird to hype up Merithra's struggles with her new role as leader of the dragonflight as a central part of the story ever since the Dragonflight reveal (and before, such as when she went to Alexstrasza for advice) only to have Ysera come back and take over again, that's my take on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Don't forget that file names aren't always accurate (see all the old stuff for the forsaken with "Scourge" in them, for example).

Also just because they're on a loading screen doesn't mean they're actually super important. I mean, look at Shadowlands. Margrave Krexus suuuure was important, huh.
    True true. Could be a symbolic thing with all 5 "acceptable" leaders posing.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

[QUOTE=Lady Atia;53860226]Or we bring her back during the pre-patch, hence her being on the loading screen during launch wouldn't spoil anything. Besides that, the interesting part isn't that she is coming back (we already know that from the epilogue), but how and what sacrifice we have to give.

Hmm, wouldn't Tyrande be a good guess here? Like, Tyrande switched from vengence for redemption. If the time-skip is a thing, I can see a scenario in which the new seed from Ardenweald has been planted and thus peace brought back to the night elves. Tyrande mission is therefore essentially over, and she can sacrifice her life to bring Ysera back as she may have a purpose to serve. Life for life - balance must be maintained Also, it's a good opportunity to develop Elune's theme. We have seen that both moons got a visual upgrade (that might be a reach on my side), but I can imagine it being done because Elune themes intensify. I'd much prefer to go with "magical" ways rather than pure Titans, as that's more into fantasy imo.

7+ Year Old Account

I think people are reading way too much into this.

It's just a fancy loading screen portraying each big Flight character, Ysera being on it does not entail anything that we don't already know.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post

IIRC, at the end of Legion, it's stated they can make new DH, similar to DK's without Arthas. Could be remembering wrong though. The bigger problem for them would be to animate all the other skeletons for their animations, which I'm not sure Blizzard is willing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post

Hmm, wouldn't Tyrande be a good guess here? Like, Tyrande switched from vengence for redemption. If the time-skip is a thing, I can see a scenario in which the new seed from Ardenweald has been planted and thus peace brought back to the night elves. Tyrande mission is therefore essentially over, and she can sacrifice her life to bring Ysera back as she may have a purpose to serve. Life for life - balance must be maintained Also, it's a good opportunity to develop Elune's theme. We have seen that both moons got a visual upgrade (that might be a reach on my side), but I can imagine it being done because Elune themes intensify. I'd much prefer to go with "magical" ways rather than pure Titans, as that's more into fantasy imo.
    Isn't part of the thing in the Dragon Isles about the seed and seeking out Ysera's daughter for help? I don't think it'd have been planted yet.

Like I said above, loading screens aren't always indicative, unless Margrave Krexus had more than three appearances before dying that I'm not aware of.

10+ Year Old Account

I just hope it's Merithra and the Artist took some creative freedom with it or knows details with her we don't. Just replacing her would be pretty stupid and cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    I just hope it's Merithra and the Artist took some creative freedom with it or knows details with her we don't. Just replacing her would be pretty stupid and cruel.
    It's clearly Merithra. Ysera's elf (not sure if its even supposed to be a night elf. It has night elf tattoos but its a blood elf model) form is green & purple. I guess I never thought of it before but if they chose their visages millennia ago as suggested by the Chromie Story why are so many of them High elves? Those didn't exist back then.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-07-27 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I think people are reading way too much into this.

It's just a fancy loading screen portraying each big Flight character, Ysera being on it does not entail anything that we don't already know.
    Well yeah, could be true. But then again, why would they bother to re-create her appearance in human form, once it's already been established in the past?
    We know Nozdormu's previous appearance and it has barely changed, and yet he is probably being set up for something big this expansion - so why would they put Ysera with a completely different look if they had no bigger plans for her? Also, my money is still on Merithra.

Also I'm pretty tired of Ysera, to be honest her plot was never really that much of a fun; I don't think they were ever able to build a proper emotional engagement with that character. She dies in Legion, mkay - but it's the emotional music in cinematic that makes it dramatic. And then we have her 'rebirth' in Shadowlands - have anyone actually been waiting for that moment, I mean... she didn't do much in SL. Just scrap that character and let the concept of death be an actual death. Replace her with her daughter and give her a new, unique, exciting story.
    Last edited by Nebron; 2022-07-27 at 06:11 PM.

Maybe Ysera is tied to the seed and when it blooms in Azeroth she’ll be there too. Like a mythical dryad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    Well yeah, could be true. But then again, why would they bother to re-create her appearance in human form, once it's already been established in the past?
    We know Nozdormu's previous appearance and it has barely changed, and yet he is probably being set up for something big this expansion - so why would they put Ysera with a completely different look if they had no bigger plans for her? Also, my money is still on Merithra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Do none of you remember what these characters look like. The person on the loading screen looks exactly like Merithra and looks nothing like Ysera.

Merithra doesn't have blue eyes tho.
    MS. MARVEL will return in The Marvels ✨

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Do none of you remember what these characters look like. The person on the loading screen looks exactly like Merithra and looks nothing like Ysera.
    Uh, the character on the loading screen looks more like Ysera than Merithra? Just look at the eye markings. The ones from Merithra are vastly different, Yseras are the same. Ysera has the weird forehead ornament thing. The horns look more like Yseras as well, with them slightly going outwards towards the top. The hairstyle also more closely matches Yseras (but that is probably irrelevant).

Ysera is also the only green Dragon with blue yees.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Uh, the character on the loading screen looks more like Ysera than Merithra? Just look at the eye markings. The ones from Merithra are vastly different, Yseras are the same. Ysera has the weird forehead ornament thing. The horns look more like Yseras as well, with them slightly going outwards towards the top. The hairstyle also more closely matches Yseras (but that is probably irrelevant).

Ysera is also the only green Dragon with blue yees.
    I agree. That's literally Ysera.
    MS. MARVEL will return in The Marvels ✨