Thread: World Revamp

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    no they don't. people wanting to alter the game for arbitrary reasons shall be reasoned.
    So, you and others in the vocal minority consider updating legacy content "arbitray" and "unreasonable". Got it.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Lets have a slight change of topic?
    What is your dream revamped zone looks like?
    Like your know - pick one-two zones and make it great.

Lets start with Durotar.
    We start in Valley of Trials and do there, you know, trials. Learn how to fight, maybe put there some gradiator-like octagon for sparing, do some heroic things about deserters and all of that. Put there some trials from Rokki movie like come to iced water, then fire caves and all of that. Trials, you know. Akin US Marine trainings from Soldier Jane movie.

Trolls start in their Isles, do some troll stuff. Weed, some voodoo, raptors. And for them a little trial a sort of Voljin do in his short story. Surviving in jungle with Loa testing you.

Then we come to Razor Hill, with quilboars, lightning lizards (recently updated tho), humans and harpies. Introduce there some new faces akin Breka and Shuja, some young troll hunter that love collecting heads and so on. Let there some evil greedy goblins that polute all they touch.
    Culmination point may be fight between Horde soldiers vs avangard of quillboars/harpies/goblins. Then we come to Orgrimmar and then - we have a choice - go to Barrens to stop major forces of quillboars, harpies, centaurs and humans that siege Horde lands, or go to Azshara to stop goblins.
    Fill it with that pork farm jokes, maybe even another rebelion of peons, Booterang, "me not that kind of orc", trollic weed mumbling, pushing out humans from orc lands and so on.
    Last edited by Dancaris; 2022-07-28 at 06:03 AM.

Graphical revamp would be a total waste of they don't fill the revamped zones with relevant content. Just leveling quests is not enough.

I think after Dragonflight would be a great time for a world Revamp. After Legion, BfA and Shadowlands there is some time for deescalation and rebuilding and returning some smaller, more "humble" adventures in the old world. Maybe have some systems like the Barrens in MoP, where a low level zone can be used for max level content.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no sign of a revamp yet.

What they should do is a world expansion. Stretch it out, and make it a little bigger area-wise.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    There is no sign of a revamp yet.

What they should do is a world expansion. Stretch it out, and make it a little bigger area-wise.
    Well, we have almost all of old creatures updated for like 3-4 expansions, we have undated human buildings, few orc ones.
    We have little time skip after SL, we have Infinite Dragonflight as baddies. (its for setup)
    We even have weak peace HvA, changes with leadership.
    If there will not be some stupid shit about cosmology at end of DF - we will have perfect conditions for world revamp.

But how would that work when needing to return to the old versions of the zones ?
    MMO Champs :

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    This game desperately needs a World Revamp, the building blocks of this franchise are rotting while we go to nowhere land to help hot psycho girls kill random cosmic Janitors that nobody cares about.

What made this franchise so popular?
    Ah yes, King Gordok, the pillar of the franchise that everyone truly cared about.

There's a new inn.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/new-and...nflight-327800

Another thing that's noticeable is that a lot of the textures and models that were introduced since WoD can serve as substitutes for Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms and Northrend. This is still a reach in and of itself. But if Blizzard wants to start rehauling the old zones then they now have access to most of what they need for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyWarrior View Post
    Are there any hints from devs or things that have been datamined throughout the past few expansions which hint towards a revamp for Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor? Think after Dragonflight it would be amazing to see the entire game brought up to todays standards with the old zones placed in Caverns of Time. Also great time to give us a complete flight overhaul with the new physics and player housing.
    I doubt that there will be a total revamp of EK/Kalimdor. They may update a zone here and there for some specific purpose but a Cataclysm-style revamp seems very unlikely.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    So, you and others in the vocal minority consider updating legacy content "arbitray" and "unreasonable". Got it.
    I said altering, which is the case unless mention of an access to whatever is altered for preservation purposes without having to change the game client and lose character progression; not preserving wow is unreasonable and arbitrary because it only happens because the person deemed it as non worthy of being preserved, which is not the opinion of some other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    But how would that work when needing to return to the old versions of the zones ?
    I'm talking the whole world, no return to old zones on Azeroth. Make the zones 50-100% larger than they are. Fill it out with camps, villages, woodland, etc, etc.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I'm talking the whole world, no return to old zones on Azeroth. Make the zones 50-100% larger than they are. Fill it out with camps, villages, woodland, etc, etc.
    Then I'm definitely against this idea : adding content is good, removing some is never a good idea. A + B is always > A, no matter the value of A or B since you can't really have "negative value content".
    If anything, Cataclysm proved that quit well.
    MMO Champs :

not with a declining playerbase.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    It taught them to fear the vocal minority that's what it did. They wasted no time throwing the EK + Kalimdor revamps under the bus despite talking about how proud they were of it before and after the fact. It also slammed the door on on Outland, Northrend and other legacy content getting quest revamps. Timewalking Campaigns was their way of making legacy content not feel dated.

At the very least, EK + Kalimdor + Auzuremyst/Bloodmyst Isles + Eversong Woods/Ghostlands NEED to be overhauled Cataclysm style every few expansions. If not all at once then a few zones at a time per expansion.
    There's no reason that the BC start zones are on a separate map from the rest of their continents. Don't understand why they haven't done at least that. There's also multiple zones with multiple iterations available in game now, too. Arathi, Silithus, Tirisfal. Sure I'm probably missing a few. But there is way too much of this that makes the old world just seem like a complete mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Lets have a slight change of topic?
    What is your dream revamped zone looks like?
    I just want Ashenvale to stop being on fire and for Darkshore to stop being a rubble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    not with a declining playerbase.
    That's irrelevant. Even if there was just 10 people playing the game, that's no reason to not do updates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    I said altering, which is the case unless mention of an access to whatever is altered for preservation purposes without having to change the game client and lose character progression; not preserving wow is unreasonable and arbitrary because it only happens because the person deemed it as non worthy of being preserved, which is not the opinion of some other people.
    WoW Classic being a thing kinda negates this entirely. You do know that, right?

Also, zones that have changed for recent expansions (Blasted Lands, Silithus, Darkshore/Teldrassil, Tirisfal Glades) give you the option of reverting back to their Cataclysm-era versions via an NPC.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I just want Ashenvale to stop being on fire and for Darkshore to stop being a rubble.
    Can you write your idea for Ashenvale? Will it be some lvling zone, or high-end one? Will it be more about night elves, or HvsA one? What adventure awaits here?
    Maybe merge Darkshore and Felwood? Make it bigger, make zone about rebuilding NE lands.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Revamping EK + Kalimdor would be a huge task, I would rather have them create new big zones instead. And having to go to the Caverns of time for the old zones would feel super cluncky.

Very much hoping for player housing tho.
    Depends on what sort of revamp you're talking about. If just a graphical revamp, I don't think it would be that hard. They wouldn't have to update quests or anything. Just make the world prettier, dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Can you write your idea for Ashenvale? Will it be some lvling zone, or high-end one? Will it be more about night elves, or HvsA one? What adventure awaits here?
    I just want it to be a leveling zone, like it used to.

According to Exploring Kalimdor there's still Orcs at the Splintertree Post and the Sentinels do attack them, but since there's also peace between the Alliance and the Horde I'm not sure how it would work. Maybe it would be a choice quest, where you can go attack the Orcs if you want or do something else entirely in order to help around the place.

Have the Night Elves rebuilt and healed the land, maybe add a new outpost or two, or a small town the size of Goldshire. Preferably near the Demon Fall canyon so they can also heal the land.

They can also add a few quests which will lead you to "calm down" some left over elementals that are still crazy after what Deathwing caused in Cataclysm, implying those events aren't something that can just be brushed off.