Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

tbc classic bugging with new mechanics

Since the anti boost went thru there are now bugs in regular runs. had mobe fearing and rresisting stuns in regular OHB. couldnt kill most of th em. and this was a regular group. the mobs would fear us resist stuns and speed up randomly during the run. we tried for an hour to do the dungeons and couldnt. anyone else seeing this?
    Last edited by Konteil; 2022-07-28 at 02:37 AM. Reason: spelling
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

We are had our DIs turning off all the time during our SWP run tonight, Blizz fucked the pooch.

Wouldn’t be surprised if this wasn’t something they were trying to fix during their 7 hour maintenance today. Watch them revert the changes because they couldn’t fix the mobs to work properly

7+ Year Old Account
    bugs i saw in dungeons last night.

mass fear.
    mobs run away at low health and come back healed.
    mass heals
    resist sheep
    resist stun
    threat dropping
    aggro dropping
    immune fear
    cannot interrupt heals
    multipe packs joining first pull
    mobs with waaaay more health than they had a few days ago.

i saw this in OHB Sethekk and Slave pens last night.

this sux
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

They have messed up loads of stuff, the gauntlet in ZA and Shattered Halls is also broken. Why can't they just leave things be and not mess about, change intended to stop mage boosting has buggered the game up.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Why can't they just leave things be and not mess about
    "Mage boosting is out of control, FIX THIS NOW BLIZZARD OR WE ALL QUIT!"

"Fixes broke everything, WHY CAN'T BLIZZARD JUST LEAVE THINGS BE?!"

You just can't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

You just can't win.
    And f*ck them, its good blizzard took action on this stance. Next up they need to ban GDKP - There are now more boosting in classic wow than on gut damn retail I bet. Its toxic and no boosting should be in classic wow.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

You just can't win.
    It's almost like they "fixed" it in a stupid ass way and caused more problems.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    And f*ck them, its good blizzard took action on this stance. Next up they need to ban GDKP - There are now more boosting in classic wow than on gut damn retail I bet. Its toxic and no boosting should be in classic wow.
    im good with the boosting fixes. but they need to make the game playable for non boosters. and i also dislike gdkps. makes it hard to raid when all teh raids charge gold for gear. and a lot of it too. i have professions and between all my toons playing normal i have about 3k gold. i play an average amount. on my server minimum bid for DST is around 10k. where is all the gold coming from? boosters.

tldr. yay boosting is dead. please make it so fixes only target boosting.

theres still going to be rampant gold buying/selling because of gdkp. i get the feeling that a large amount of gdkp being led by china gold farmers; I have seen some gdkp get pissed because the buyers weren't spending enough gold in their eyes, then there would be warriors bidding 3x the current bid on mage gear then mage gets told to bid or get kicked. its outright extortion. china gold farmer don't make enough gold selling gdkp to feed their family so they artificially increase bid prices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehm, I am actually curious, why was this a bad thing? Boosting that is. There are many, many, many people who think the game start at max level and that boosting is extremely awful. This just seems like something that will make alt population drop ALOT, which I don't think is good for the game. I would never in my lifetime level another 70 without boost. With less 70s, there will be longer BG queues, harder to fill pugs and harder to recruit for guilds. The more max level characters, the better for the game.

Personally, I just hope they sometime add servers that are similar to the beta, where you start at max level, that focus 100% on end game. (and you can obviously not migrate from them to regular servers).
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Good challenge then

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Ehm, I am actually curious, why was this a bad thing? Boosting that is. There are many, many, many people who think the game start at max level and that boosting is extremely awful. This just seems like something that will make alt population drop ALOT, which I don't think is good for the game. I would never in my lifetime level another 70 without boost. With less 70s, there will be longer BG queues, harder to fill pugs and harder to recruit for guilds. The more max level characters, the better for the game.

Personally, I just hope they sometime add servers that are similar to the beta, where you start at max level, that focus 100% on end game. (and you can obviously not migrate from them to regular servers).
    boosting is bad because there is no legitimate way to get the gold to afford the boosts of the gdkps. also the more people that rapid boost to 70 thes less people there are to do the leveling content. my mage didn't do any dungeons at all until i hit outland because what's the point of running low dungeons as a group when you can get carried thru and have all the drops to yourself in 10 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post

I'm not a fan of boosting because it makes normal dungeons harder if not impossible to find depending on the server.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Oh sure, but the call wasn't "please fix it properly", it was "why can't they just leave things be" :P

I'm not trying to exculpate Blizzard here, not by a long shot. They done messed up.

isnt tbc essentially over? so its kinda like the last patches of retail, just hands off for a few weeks until the next expansion comes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its worrisome for WOTLK because if they implemented the same "Fixes" in leveling dungeons... yeah
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    boosting is bad because there is no legitimate way to get the gold to afford the boosts of the gdkps. also the more people that rapid boost to 70 thes less people there are to do the leveling content. my mage didn't do any dungeons at all until i hit outland because what's the point of running low dungeons as a group when you can get carried thru and have all the drops to yourself in 10 minutes?
    Well, if boosting is popular, doesn't that show some trends? If people WANT to buy boost and to skip leveling, WHY does Blizzard insist on figthing the players. Give us 500-1000% extra xp or let us buy boost to max level.

I truly think leveling in a KNOWN game, which classic is, is outdated. Lets face it, Classic is about the endgame at this point, let us skip leveling.

Ask EVERY player if they want a free boost to 70 or if they WANT to level, I would bet my car, my house, hell, even my LIFE, that more people would take the boost than level themselves, so if the majority want max level, Blizzard should make that happen!
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    This.

They stated that their intention was solving the economy that was surrounding boosting methods.

Why did they not just gut the exp gained for being carried? Why implement all of these weird changes that also impact people farming solo and impact people playing through the dungeons legitimately?

They never said that paladin and mage solo farming for raw gold was an issue, they said boosting was.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I'm not a fan of boosting because it makes normal dungeons harder if not impossible to find depending on the server.
    What makes you think that boosting correlates to less people wanting to group with you?

Those that buy boosts will take the path of least resistance, what is fastest - finding a random pug group to do a dungeon with or just carry on solo questing with heirlooms?

Those that want to do dungeons are already doing dungeons, and it turns out they're very, very few.