Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I can't see them choosing anyone other than Wrathion considering all the promotional material featuring him alongside the other aspects. Like, if they do choose anyone else, it'd be a bait and switch to most people who already accept him among the other Aspects.
    Like Krexus in cinematic and loading screen?
    But you are right, its decided who will be next black aspect and it is not Sabellian.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Wish there will be choice.
    Young dude has custom model, have bigger history in wow and probably bi/homo.
    Very sadly this is pointed out... with no background evidence for it.

But what´s even mroe sad is that it might actually happen. They are force feeding it into WoW. Not that there is anythign wrong with it, but the way they are doing it, that is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    new blackdragon broodmother
    https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...44333462683648

I think samia inkling in her true dragon form
    Unlikely. Dragons usually base their visage name around their true draconic name. There is no link between Dracasia and Samia Inkling.

She is just a quartermaster. Being broodmother means you are important for your flight. It goes with some prestige and influence. Nothing implies Samia is important person. We do not even know if she is truly dragon.

It's been made clear that the issue of the Black Dragon flight leader will be handled by the Black Dragon's

So far Sabellian has the votes as he has the trust of the majority and I would take the bet that the new Broodmother is Sabellian's mate. Some of the eggs could even be his, making him the de facto father of the flight.

Wrathion can whine about his plans being needed all he likes, it does not change the fact that he killed his own brothers and sisters when other options could have been explored.
    Add the facts that he his still a teenager and has only heard of his flights downfall, while his older brother lived it.

But there is always the possibility that Sabellian and his crew are still corrupted and/or serve the old cause. His return could be a long play to restore the flight just to use it as Deathwing did.

Many many options to explore so who knows. It could even end up that it would be best for no new Black Aspect due to the lingering corruption always being a threat. So we the Hero become the new "Earth Warders" (plz Blizz no, this is my worst possible outcome)
    Last edited by boots1991; 2022-07-28 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Unlikely. Dragons usually base their visage name around their true draconic name. There is no link between Dracasia and Samia Inkling.

She is just a quartermaster. Being broodmother means you are important for your flight. It goes with some prestige and influence. Nothing implies Samia is important person. We do not even know if she is truly dragon.
    I doubt that someone who is not a dragon works so closely with Sabellian for so many years and her texts imply that she is a dragon

I doubt that someone who is not a dragon works so closely with Sabellian for so many years and her texts imply that she is a dragon
    She might be a dragon, that would not be surprising... but I doubt she is the new broodmother.

Why would Wrathion lead the black dragons though? Has he any black dragons under him at all?

Sabellian has all of black dragons in Draenor... so... If there would be a vote i doubt Wrathion would get even one^^

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    She might be a dragon, that would not be surprising... but I doubt she is the new broodmother.
    dracasia/samia have more in common than katrana/onyxia

dracasia/samia have more in common than katrana/onyxia
    Onyxia was in disguise as Katrana Prestor for a reason - to infiltrate Stromwind Nobility and have influence in its affairs. That was the reason for the name she chose, it had to belong to some noble house. That is also reason why Deathwing acted as Lord Daval Prestor - to get influence within human kingdoms without being spotted.

Samia has no such need. Honestly, if she would be the new broodmother, why is she still mere quartermaster? Being the sole black dragonflight broodmother means you are extremely important for whole flight. I guess Dracasia was most likely in Outland all this time.

Looking at the spoilers, Wrathion isn't making a very good case for himself. Sabellian is obviously smarter than him, and showcases considerably more foresight.

Here's hoping they don't "solve" the conflict by having Ebonhorn swoop in and be declared leader because he doesn't want it and this obviously makes him the best possible candidate.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Looking at the spoilers, Wrathion isn't making a very good case for himself. Sabellian is obviously smarter than him, and showcases considerably more foresight.

Here's hoping they don't "solve" the conflict by having Ebonhorn swoop in and be declared leader because he doesn't want it and this obviously makes him the best possible candidate.
    Ebonhorn is very old, like more than 10k years being tauren who-know-where. He can be adviser/tutor, but not a leader. Sabellian in other hand have all that needs to be adult dragon. And he had eggs! Wrathion can be whateve he wants, but he still whelp, he still young and he hasnot have any eggs.
    Ideal situation for me will be - Sabellian will be Aspect, Ebonhorn - tutor for young dragons and Wrathion - champion of black dragonflight/freeroamer/agent. For him is too early to become Aspect - he has whole world to explore. Sabellian and Ebonhorn are adults and i dont think that they have big ambitions for exploring.

5+ Year Old Account
    I totally forgot about Sabellian, haven't done those quests since tbc...i remember those quests killing gruul's sons, and in one we aggravate one son by making him chase around rexxar's pet piggie, huffer (name?)

How many black dragonflight were with sab?

This is cool, forgot about him so it sucked that i was thinking it was only ebonhorn n wrathion left..

So, they have eggs, so at least one female black dragon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Ebonhorn is very old, like more than 10k years being tauren who-know-where. He can be adviser/tutor, but not a leader. Sabellian in other hand have all that needs to be adult dragon. And he had eggs! Wrathion can be whateve he wants, but he still whelp, he still young and he hasnot have any eggs.
    Ideal situation for me will be - Sabellian will be Aspect, Ebonhorn - tutor for young dragons and Wrathion - champion of black dragonflight/freeroamer/agent. For him is too early to become Aspect - he has whole world to explore. Sabellian and Ebonhorn are adults and i dont think that they have big ambitions for exploring.
    Sounds good to me!

I hope Sabellian will also bring netherdrakes from Outland, and maybe we'll even get some Netherwing customization options for our dragonriding mounts in future patches. Visually netherdrakes are really cool.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    That would be Kairozdormu, who was a rogue BRONZE Dragon.
    Kairoz was working for Wrathion so....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Not the same thing and I am aware they were in kahoots.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

https://www.wowhead.com/news/waking-...poilers-328030

sabellian>>>>>>>>>>>wrathion

- - - Updated - - -

Here are the arguments for the black flight leadership.

Arguments in favor of Wrathion:

Right: Wrathion’s able to make hard choices, the choices no one else will, all for the greater good.
    Left: Setting Garrosh free started a war, but we needed that war to prepare for the Legion.

Talonstalker Kavia: He does what needs to be done. Honor and glory didn’t help defeat the Sha or rid the world of mad dragons, Wrathion did.

Archivist Edress: Despite some questionable methods, it is hard to deny Wrathion’s results. He has worked tirelessly to protect all creatures of Azeroth from numerous threats.

Arguments in favor of Sabellian:

Forgemaster Bazentus: A leader is like a finely forged sword, they must be balanced, strong, and of pure metal.
    Forgemaster Bazentus: Though I like Wrathion, he is untempered. Sabellian has been forged in fire, I believe he is what we need in a leader.

Baskilan: Sabellian rallied us in Outland, not only saving us from death, but from the corruption that befell our kin.
    Baskilan: All the rest–the other flights, glory-starved mortals, even that pretentious “prince”–chose to murder the afflicted rather than aid us.

Archivist Edrerss: Where an Aspect failed, Sabellian succeeded. Despite Deathwing’s madness, despite the rage of the Gronn, Sabellian and his kin survived, allowing us to achieve this moment.

Sabellion and Wrathion are competing for the same thing.

In a video game, this means that one of them will die. The one who dies is Sabellion, because he is older and therefore falls into the "Mentor" role. Also, Wrathion has so much lore. And anduin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Arguments in favor of Wrathion:

Right: Wrathion’s able to make hard choices, the choices no one else will, all for the greater good.
    Left: Setting Garrosh free started a war, but we needed that war to prepare for the Legion.

Talonstalker Kavia: He does what needs to be done. Honor and glory didn’t help defeat the Sha or rid the world of mad dragons, Wrathion did.

Archivist Edress: Despite some questionable methods, it is hard to deny Wrathion’s results. He has worked tirelessly to protect all creatures of Azeroth from numerous threats.

Arguments in favor of Sabellian:

Forgemaster Bazentus: A leader is like a finely forged sword, they must be balanced, strong, and of pure metal.
    Forgemaster Bazentus: Though I like Wrathion, he is untempered. Sabellian has been forged in fire, I believe he is what we need in a leader.

Baskilan: Sabellian rallied us in Outland, not only saving us from death, but from the corruption that befell our kin.
    Baskilan: All the rest–the other flights, glory-starved mortals, even that pretentious “prince”–chose to murder the afflicted rather than aid us.

Archivist Edrerss: Where an Aspect failed, Sabellian succeeded. Despite Deathwing’s madness, despite the rage of the Gronn, Sabellian and his kin survived, allowing us to achieve this moment.
    In terms of contrasting characters, I kind of prefer Sabellian myself, since Wrathion's track record isn't stellar. But my main concern with Sabellian is that he and his retinue from Outland still carry the corruption of the Old Gods despite their claims otherwise, and will turn against both Wrathion and the other Aspects as soon as they're in an advantageous position to do so.

Baskilan's claims above seem to cause the most doubt for me personally. How exactly was Sabellian supposedly able to save his kin from the corruption?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Baskilan's claims above seem to cause the most doubt for me personally. How exactly was Sabellian supposedly able to save his kin from the corruption?
    Might have asked Locus-Walker, Outland was crawling with ethereals after all and old god corruption is pretty much just void.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    In terms of contrasting characters, I kind of prefer Sabellian myself, since Wrathion's track record isn't stellar. But my main concern with Sabellian is that he and his retinue from Outland still carry the corruption of the Old Gods despite their claims otherwise, and will turn against both Wrathion and the other Aspects as soon as they're in an advantageous position to do so.

Who gives a shit, recent lore development shows that void is just another color you throw at your enemies, absolutely zero downsides.