Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Hmm not sure about the reason why it's free. A small service cost was fine, I'd rather pay that than ridiculous gold sinks that only appeal to AH grinders.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    tbh, imo @Trumpcat is right here. Barbershop costs what? 20g? 50g? 100g? So, in 2022, who the f cares? it’s that less amount of gold and has that less of an impact, that you can declare it only as some typical RPG obolus element. imo removing it does more harm than good, under a very big magnifier. in the end it doesn’t matter anyway. so why even change it at all?
    If it doesn't matter then why not change it?

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Barbershop going free, because any trace of this game once being somewhat of an rpg must be erased.
    Pretty sure the cost removal has to do with the fact that gender change is there so that if anyone wants an emergency gender (by gender I mean body) change, they are not restricted in any way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wanted immediately mock, that, regardless of the price, there was still nothing to choose from, but people were ahead of me and, moreover, in a less daring manner

Hahahah. There's always been a bit of a meme that "if Blizzard gave MMOC posters a gold bar they'd complain it wasn't heavy enough", and here we are, literally just removing a cost and the first page is a bunch of people fucking whinging that it doesn't cost anything anymore. You people have a screw loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Hahahah. There's always been a bit of a meme that "if Blizzard gave MMOC posters a gold bar they'd complain it wasn't heavy enough", and here we are, literally just removing a cost and the first page is a bunch of people fucking whinging that it doesn't cost anything anymore. You people have a screw loose.
    Saying no to a gold sink, that is a whole different type of whining.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Pretty sure the cost removal has to do with the fact that gender change is there so that if anyone wants an emergency gender (by gender I mean body) change, they are not restricted in any way.
    Yeah, can be. There must be no obstacles allowed in front of that urgent need, when you suddenly drop whatever you're doing, rush to your PC, log in and change your character's "Body Type" a few times, then log out. Since having to pay a little gold for the service contradicts with your established comfort zone of not doing anything in game, ever, otherwise the small price wouldn't be relevant.

Why don't they remove the taxi costs in game too? Having basic staples of economy simulated in the world triggers my anxiety.

Your failure to realize why removing basic exchanges is detrimental to world building doesn't put you in a position where you can respectably determine who does or doesn't have a screw loose.
    Last edited by Trumpcat; 2022-07-28 at 09:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Your failure to realize why removing basic exchanges is detrimental to world building doesn't put you in a position where you can respectably determine who does or doesn't have a screw loose.
    Nah, you're just a fucking moron.

If you want to complain about "world building", complain about a barber's chair being able to magically exchange your eyes for gold ones, "cut" your hair from bald back to full length, remove a full body tattoo, un-hunch your back, remove your piercings, and perform full gender reassignment surgery all at once. Don't complain that there's no longer a coin slot on the chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    If it doesn't matter then why not change it?
    because that’s not what i said. i could repeat that „under a magnifier more harm than good“ thing, already stated in my post. but if you would really read the post, it would answer your question.

so, tbh, i have no clue what to tell someone not correctly reading a post and making a lousy try to provoke by derailing it with some stupid question.

Nah, you're just a fucking moron.

If you want to complain about "world building", complain about a barber's chair being able to magically exchange your eyes for gold ones, "cut" your hair from bald back to full length, remove a full body tattoo, un-hunch your back, remove your piercings, and perform full gender reassignment surgery all at once. Don't complain that there's no longer a coin slot on the chair.
    This was actually the subject of one of my favorite WoW machimas:

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    yep, this seems a good hint. since this change is that minor, it never would show up on a todo list at Blizz for no reason, it smells a lot like a result of some political descissions. seems a good candidate to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    because that’s not what i said. i could repeat that „under a magnifier more harm than good“ thing, already stated in my post. but if you would really read the post, it would answer your question.

so, tbh, i have no clue what to tell someone not correctly reading a post and making a lousy try to provoke by derailing it with some stupid question.
    So there's no reason why it shouldn't be changed, glad we agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    So there's no reason why it shouldn't be changed, glad we agree.
    … /rolleyes

… yes, you are right. (hopefully this ends this now)