Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    "Washington (CNN)After months of internal debate, the Biden administration has offered to exchange Viktor Bout, a convicted Russian arms trafficker serving a 25-year US prison sentence, as part of a potential deal to secure the release of two Americans held by Russia, Brittney Griner and Paul Whelan, according to people briefed on the matter."

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/27/p...ler/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    "Washington (CNN)After months of internal debate, the Biden administration has offered to exchange Viktor Bout, a convicted Russian arms trafficker serving a 25-year US prison sentence, as part of a potential deal to secure the release of two Americans held by Russia, Brittney Griner and Paul Whelan, according to people briefed on the matter."

interesting who hes in the can with :

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...tesville-trial

Hale was convicted of soliciting the murder of a federal judge in Chicago. In 2005, a court sentenced him to 40 years in prison. White was convicted of soliciting a hit online against a juror in Hale’s murder trial and was sentenced in 2013 to 42 months behind bars. He had time added to his sentence after being convicted of an attempt to extort money from his ex-wife and making threats against Florida officials.

Cantwell’s association with Hale and White was previously mentioned in a Raw Story report, citing public court documents filed by the plaintiffs in the Charlottesville case. But it was through Smith and other public court documents that BuzzFeed News has learned more about his legal studies while incarcerated.

Smith said he was housed with Cantwell, several other white supremacists, and a whole host of people whom he described as the “who’s who of people the US government didn’t like.” They included Cesar Sayoc, the Florida man who sent explosives to Trump critics and prominent Democrats and received a 20-year prison sentence, and Viktor Bout, the notorious Russian arms dealer known as the “merchant of death” who’s serving a 25-year term for conspiring to sell weapons to terrorists internationally.

Smith was a US Army soldier stationed at Fort Riley and associated with an international neo-Nazi group in September 2019 when he was arrested and charged with distributing instructions on how to make bombs and improvised napalm. Prosecutors also accused him of plotting attacks on journalists and politicians, but later dropped the charges. He later pleaded guilty to the explosives charges and spent two years in federal prison, much of that time at Marion. He was released on Oct. 13, 2021, and ordered to spend a month in a halfway house in South Carolina.

I hate Biden for this. I am not sure why the US should do something at all for the record. Dont bring illegal substances to another country

7+ Year Old Account

Oh shit! That's the guy who inspired Lord of War with Nicholas Cage.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    I hate Biden for this. I am not sure why the US should do something at all for the record. Dont bring illegal substances to another country
    Probably because the charge is completely fabricated horseshit?

10+ Year Old Account
    It should be done because this is the way to rescue two people who got caught up in this shit.

It sucks, but that's how it works.

- - - Updated - - -

Reminds me of a story how some backpacking traveler who was flying transit via Moscow got caught with few grams of Marijuana in a bag. Now, granted she was an idiot, it was not a plant, she legit had it there because she's a fucking moron - but Russia made a political case out of it to get some concessions. She originally was supposed to get some super lenient ruling, but it was jacked up to like 10+ years or some such in clear political blackmail move.

In the end she got rescued for some candies for Putin, but it's just yet another lesson to everyone what ever wants to visit or even fly transit via shady states. They can grab you just like that and even make shit up as they go if need be.

It's hostage diplomacy. China is notorious for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds like a 'no' on the part of Erdogan

Ok, so what's the play here? Get a factory built and then nationalise it? Fat chance that'll happen. Also, since this is apparently a thing, does that mean that Iran said, 'screw you putin?'

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Probably because the charge is completely fabricated horseshit?
    The US gov have been warning ppl to not visit Russia. She didnt care. Not only she didnt care about the numerous warnings but she took an illegal substance in Russia

Her own fault. I hate it that people dont know what the US is trading for that dumbass

Not only she didnt care about the numerous warnings but she took an illegal substance in Russia
    This is the part that's almost certainly completely fabricated horseshit, you know. She's literally a political prisoner, being held hostage by their government to extract concessions from our own.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    This is the part that's almost certainly completely fabricated horseshit, you know. She's literally a political prisoner, being held hostage by their government to extract concessions from our own.
    Is hash oil illegal in Russia? Yes it is. She took illegal stuff into the country by her own admission. Now there's no doubt that she was immediately used as a political pawn but she admits breaking the law herself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep she broke the law. If this was a law unique to Russia it would be curious but that shit's illegal in a lot of countries.

Well, for what it's worth, I don't think anyone should take any confession from anyone in Russian custody at face value.

when you look at logistics, I think it's sad to admit Russia has won not just only in Ukraine, but in all their global political agendas. And I'm not even a shill, evidently, but I've just pieced together the facts of what's going on. There's way more to this crisis than just cheering for Ukraine slaughtering cannon fodder infantry in the daily news.

Russia's, not just Putin's, goal, is to shift the world order into an authoritarian dystopia. And the scope of their influence has infected every democracy on the planet. Ukraine is just the stepping stone to the bigger picture that involves more nations than just Russia (India, Hungary, etc).
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    when you look at logistics, I think it's sad to admit Russia has won not just only in Ukraine, but in all their global political agendas.
    NATO is laughing at you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ow God, it's back again...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    NATO is laughing at you.
    As it is now, Russia is doubling down on the MAD logic, something Moldova has lately admitted to being very fearful of (them being next for an invasion with that logic in mind).

Not helped by the fact they keep threatening America to stop sending Ukraine weapons, and America is only doubling down by sending them more and more advanced weaponry in response.

Also, they're emboldened not just by that fact, but the fact EU has caved into Russia actually going through with their threats to cut gas.

I think people should understand what winning means to Russia. If they don't win but their enemies go down with them, they consider it a victory. That's been the essence of their culture since their inception.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-07-28 at 04:19 PM.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

As it is now, Russia is doubling down on the MAD logic, something Moldova has lately admitted to being very fearful of (them being next for an invasion with that logic in mind).

Not helped by the fact they keep threatening America to stop sending Ukraine weapons, and America is only doubling down by sending them more and more advanced weaponry in response.

Also, they're emboldened not just by that fact, but the fact EU has caved into Russia actually going through with their threats to cut gas.

I think people should understand what winning means to Russia. If they don't win but their enemies go down with them, they consider it a victory. That's been the essence of their culture since their inception.
    Have you ever considered taking a hint that you are not welcome here?

...snip
    Repeating yourself...since Russia's 3 day win hasn't happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    since Russia's 3 day win hasn't happened.
    no, but it's a brutal and uncertain war with more on the horizon to it than just Ukraine vs Russia. I resent the fact the media only makes it appear as though Ukraine is curb stomping Russia and it's only a matter of time before Russia inevitably loses. Optimism is nice, but that's just misleading.